PDA

View Full Version : BBQ places in Myrtle Beach, SC?

sdbbq1234
07-18-2013, 09:34 PM
Not sure if this is the right place or not, but some friends are going to Myrtle Beach next week. They asked me for some good Q joint recommendations.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

wallace

The Pig's Blanket
07-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Big KT's in north Myrtle Small place, I think I seen a sign that said this is where the locals eat BBQ...... Their WINGS ROCK!!!! Ate them twice while there!!! I also drove out of the way (over an hour) to visit Scott's BBQ and it was just OK in MY OPINION.... Others say its the best thing ever? Loved the atmosphere and the people were great but I had higher expectations for their pork.

lantern
07-19-2013, 12:02 AM
I personally think it's worth the drive to Holly Hill to Sweatman's BBQ. It's whole hog buffet style with pork cracklins made from the hog as well. They are ONLY open friday and saturday however.

Other than Hardluck's suggestion(its good) I don't see much reason to eat BBQ in Myrtle beach. Little pigs is pretty good, but before you go just know that they cook their bbq on cookshack electric smokers. If you have a problem with bbq made on an electric smoker then don't go. I will eat whatever so long as it makes a tasty sammich.:-P

Now, if ya get tired of seafood and like Italian food I can whole heartedly recommend Villa Romana! Excellent food to be had there.

Also.....if seafood buffets are your thang then the best IMO is Captain George's.

Oh...and there's a place called NC bbq company.....if it's still open DO NOT eat there. Awful. Pisses me off that they sully the name of NC style BBQ.

sdbbq1234
07-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Cool!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think they mentioned the Sweatman's place, so that might already be on their list.

I am going to pass along all the others as well.

Keep 'em coming!

wallace