PDA

View Full Version : Des Moines Sam's Club Teammate(s) Needed

DMDon
07-14-2013, 12:39 AM
I am looking to partner with 1 or 2 teammates for the Sam's Club Tour. With Bobby taking time off from BBQing this year(his hands are full, literally). Option #2 getting into another Sam's event via the waitlist. A couple others that can't commit to cooking in Rockford or Bentonville, if we were to be fortunate enough to advance.
If you have already cooked in one of the qualifying events, you may not be eligible to cook again. I didn't read anything that addressed that scenario, so we will need to make sure what the rule is.
I would like to find someone who can commit to cooking the future events, should we advance. Being able to cook pork and chicken would be a definite plus.

If interested, please send me a PM and we can talk.

Thanks,
Don

Pyle's BBQ
07-14-2013, 01:31 AM
Are you looking for someone to cook in DM or the other events listed.

loco_engr
07-14-2013, 04:36 AM
might want to check your link to your site

Page Not Found

is what I rec'd :confused:

Balls Casten
07-14-2013, 06:36 AM
Don, my understanding is that anyone that has NOT qualified for a regional can cook with you regardless weather they have already cooked a local event.

Coz
07-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Rule 7 To ensure fairness for all KCBS teams, a team's head cook and team members cannot enter the assigned cooking area of another team at another Sam's Club contest. If it is determined that a head cook or team member is abusing this rule, both teams will be disqualified

Doesn't say if your not qualified or not My guess is no but maybe a quick call to Troy could get you the correct answer .

Ford
07-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Coz is correct. Happened last year at Hendersonville. Individual loaned Rub his trailer and was going to hang out with him. Ended up spending the entire time in a hotel room. Rub advanced to bentonville.

DMDon
07-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Are you looking for someone to cook in DM or the other events listed.
Hi Bryan. Looking for someone to cook in Des Moines and Rockford & Bentonville, should we advance.

DMDon
07-14-2013, 10:46 AM
might want to check your link to your site

Page Not Found

is what I rec'd :confused:
Changing provider, web host or whatever it is called. Just trying to find the time to do it.

Balls Casten
07-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I spoke to Troy at Madison.
This years rules also allow entering or re-entering another event if you do not qualify to move on.
Not saying I'm correct just relaying a conversation we had.

jaestar
07-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I spoke to Troy at Madison.
This years rules also allow entering or re-entering another event if you do not qualify to move on.
Not saying I'm correct just relaying a conversation we had.

I can confirm that part. You are allowed a "2nd Chance" cook this year. They did this for events that did not fill up. As was said before, I think you may want to call Troy or KCBS to get their ruling. If you had only cooked one contest and did not move on, maybe they would allow you to enter a second contest and cook, even if it was with a different team name.

BBQ_Mayor
07-14-2013, 12:37 PM
I'd offer to help you out Don but will be at the Polk County fair this weekend. I'm going to try to stop out and see people. Good luck!

Not that you'd want me to cook pork or chicken for ya.. not been the best this year.

Rookie'48
07-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Dawn isn't going to do the chicken? :shock:

She's done ya proud a couple of other times :grin:.

Balls Casten
07-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Don how did you come out? I'm interested to hear what KCBS/Sams said.

DMDon
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks to all that have replied and offered to help cook. After alot of thinking, I decided to withdraw and use the time to for family vacation. We are leaving for Breckenridge, CO on Friday.
This does leave me eligable to cook with another team if needed.

Balls Casten
07-16-2013, 03:07 PM
sorry to hear you wont be competing but family time is good.

pat
07-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Good seeing you yesterday Don. Sorry you had to drop out, but as stated family time is a no brainer!