PDA

View Full Version : Startin' to be a busy season.

dxesmkr
03-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Sorry haven't been around so much.Maybe I need to go to the cattle call section and reintroduce myself:lol: . Kinda been like a chicken with its head cut off around here.Still breeze through and read every chance I get.Tryin to get ready for this year,been workin' alot of overtime,and tryin to get the Mrs. & myself a new house started, built.
So far this year we're gonna compete:

March-Rockingham,NC
May-Sevierville,TN and Hickory,NC
June-Tryon,NC
Aug.-Birmingham,AL(maybe Dillard,GA)
Sept.-Union,SC and MaggieValley,NC
Nov.-Shelby,NC.
Maybe a few more if we can squeeze in the time:-D .
Haven't even got to practice over the winter.So I'm probably gonna start out rusty.:lol: I'm ready to see all my BBQ friends and met some new ones.

Willy T.

Jeff_in_KC
03-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Welcome back, Willy! I'll join ya in the rusty category. I've only cooked three times since October and one of those was ham and turkey on Thanksgiving. Hope I remember all I learned last year.

Solidkick
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Welcome home brother....I've seen you signed in a time or two. I got to missin' ya pretty bad and visited your website a couple of weeks ago.
Here's wishing you the very very best this year, and hopefully an AR qualifier win, then a draw, so you can party with me MOFO style!
Jay will buy the Myer's.......:mrgreen:

HoDeDo
03-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Nice to meet you Willy - Looks like you have a good schedule planned. We're trying to scrape off the rust too. Did cook one contest already this year - Polar Swine!!! Getting ready for a fun summer.

Good luck - I second Mr.Kick - Get that AR draw, and I'll be lookin for you up here for a fall send off!!

dxesmkr
03-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Welcome home brother....I've seen you signed in a time or two. I got to missin' ya pretty bad and visited your website a couple of weeks ago.
Here's wishing you the very very best this year, and hopefully an AR qualifier win, then a draw, so you can party with me MOFO style!
Jay will buy the Myer's.......:mrgreen:

Hey Bro.The AR qualifier sounds like a good goal to shoot for this year.Got some new tye dyes in the mix for this year.

Willy T.

MoKanMeathead
03-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Willy,
I have an entry into the Lincolnton, NC contest I will sell for 1/2 price if your planning on trying to squeeze that one in. Looks like a busy year for you

Solidkick
03-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Got some new tye dyes in the mix for this year.

don't tease me, now! You know I only get to see the other one, while my wife is wearing it!! Let me know when they are ready, but most important, remind me to get two! :mrgreen:

dxesmkr
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Willy,
I have an entry into the Lincolnton, NC contest I will sell for 1/2 price if your planning on trying to squeeze that one in. Looks like a busy year for you
Thanks for the offer.But that would put us competin' 3 weeks in a row. 4 counting Tryon the week after.If I hear of anyone round here going, I'll give you a holler.

Willy T.

Sawdustguy
03-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Good luck to all. Our first contest is May 19th. We will cook 7 this year. I know thats a drop in the bucket for you Kansas City boys but it's growing in the Northeast. You KC guys are teaching us Yankees real well what good que is.:biggrin:

Jeff_in_KC
03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Good luck to all. Our first contest is May 19th. We will cook 7 this year. I know thats a drop in the bucket for you Kansas City boys but it's growing in the Northeast. You KC guys are teaching us Yankees real well what good que is.:biggrin:

That's funny... I feel like I've learned a lot about Q from Long Island! :wink:

and my first one is April 14-15... I'll let ya know how it is while you wait another month! :biggrin: