PDA

View Full Version : Phubar's got one Phoot on US ground

Phubar
06-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Lynchburg here we come!
Tickets are booked for 8 out of 11 members from my team...smokers are reserved.
Hope to see some Brethren there!

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/amiek70/SmokeFest%2021-06-13/Naamloos_zpsc2e20e5f.png (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/amiek70/media/SmokeFest%2021-06-13/Naamloos_zpsc2e20e5f.png.html)

deguerre
06-27-2013, 09:56 AM
'Sup Frankie!

Phubar
06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
'sup Leo?:razz:

Ron_L
06-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Lynchburg will never be the same!

:becky:

gtr
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
You'll be driving right through my hometown (Knoxville)!

The drive from Atlanta to Lynchburg will be very nice especially at that time of year.

What are y'all doing those couple days aPhter the comp bePhore you Phly back?

Will work for bbq
06-27-2013, 10:53 AM
that's awesome, best of luck to you guys. :thumb:

Phubar
06-27-2013, 11:08 AM
You'll be driving right through my hometown (Knoxville)!

The drive from Atlanta to Lynchburg will be very nice especially at that time of year.

What are y'all doing those couple days aPhter the comp bePhore you Phly back?

Thanks G.!

Big Bob Gibson is on the list for sure...Brethren Spiffs has been Tweeting with Chris Lilly and was more than happy to meet us.
Don't know what else we're gonna do exactly.

Muzzlebrake
06-27-2013, 11:13 AM
make your reservations at Miss Mary Bobo's now, (931) 759-7394

CharredApron
06-27-2013, 11:16 AM
Can tickets still be had? I would love to go!

deguerre
06-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Thanks G.!

Big Bob Gibson is on the list for sure...Brethren Spiffs has been Tweeting with Chris Lilly and was more than happy to meet us.

Y'all gonna visit Decatur? It would be cool if I could get my Mom to meet y'all at Big Bob's. Her house is only 1.7 miles away. You could sort of get a feel of where I came from.:rolleyes::becky:

Phubar
06-27-2013, 11:25 AM
...my vision right now is my team cooking on UDS's and WGA's,maybe a Pitmaker trailer with the pop up Phlatscreen an Bose speakers.:cool:I was not joking about this^^^^.
If all goes well there are four WGA's waiting for us sponsored by Weber and this.....

http://www.bbq-nl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/thejack-11.jpg

gtr
06-27-2013, 11:28 AM
Thanks G.!

It is highly unlikely that I can sneak away at that time, but I sure would like to see you Pharkers. HopePhully I can come up with some kind of brilliant idea to get my arse over there around that time.

Phubar
06-27-2013, 12:58 PM
make your reservations at Miss Mary Bobo's now, (931) 759-7394

Shared it with my team.
Thanks alot Muzz'!

Y'all gonna visit Decatur? It would be cool if I could get my Mom to meet y'all at Big Bob's. Her house is only 1.7 miles away. You could sort of get a feel of where I came from.:rolleyes::becky:

If she cooks as good as you (or most probably better) I would also drive an extra 1.7 miles to eat at her place!
Get to Jack Guerry...make it happen!
I'd love to meet you!
If Reds says no...get you a 2x4 and *THWACK* her for a change.:-P

It is highly unlikely that I can sneak away at that time, but I sure would like to see you Pharkers. HopePhully I can come up with some kind of brilliant idea to get my arse over there around that time.

Can't you "GoatSnake" it to there?
Play some Southern music around those parts.:grin:

Muzzlebrake
06-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Wasnt there a problem last year with an international team not cooking on the sponsors pit? or was that just because it was 2 competing ceramic companies?

I hope you get to cook on the Pitmaker, looks like the one at last years Jack, it was super pimped out. Very nice!

fingerlickin'
06-27-2013, 04:12 PM
Hide the women and children folks. :razz:

deguerre
06-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Hide the women and children folks. :razz:

My mom's 89. I think she's safe.

buccaneer
06-27-2013, 04:28 PM
It's Phubes, fool, nobody is safe!
Might be a win for Mom tho, he's a handsome devil!

cheapbeer
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Enjoy the experience. We were down there last year with my brothers team and it was a great trip. If you have a bit of extra time somewhere take the J.D. tour and sightsee, beautiful area.

Phubar
06-28-2013, 04:03 AM
Wasnt there a problem last year with an international team not cooking on the sponsors pit? or was that just because it was 2 competing ceramic companies?

I hope you get to cook on the Pitmaker, looks like the one at last years Jack, it was super pimped out. Very nice!

Yeah...Dutch Poobah supposed to go last year.
He's an Eggman and wanted to cook on Eggs.

According to The Jack he couldn't cook on an Egg cause he's from a foreign team.
If you wanted to cook on ceramic as a foreign team you only could cook on Primo if I'm correct.

So...Americans could use Eggs on The Jack but foreigners not.
On this side of the pond you can bring whatever you want (no electric BBQs),if you don't have a BBQ you get one provided by the sponsor (Primo,Weber,ProQ etc.).

It was probably the same Pitmaker that you saw last year...Noskos went last year with some other Dutch members.

Hawg Father of Seoul
06-28-2013, 04:25 AM
Yeah...Dutch Poobah supposed to go last year.
He's an Eggman and wanted to cook on Eggs.

According to The Jack he couldn't cook on an Egg cause he's from a foreign team.
If you wanted to cook on ceramic as a foreign team you only could cook on Primo if I'm correct.

So...Americans could use Eggs on The Jack but foreigners not.
On this side of the pond you can bring whatever you want (no electric BBQs),if you don't have a BBQ you get one provided by the sponsor (Primo,Weber,ProQ etc.).

It was probably the same Pitmaker that you saw last year...Noskos went last year with some other Dutch members.

It is way cool that you get use that rig. They supply cookers for in country teams over there? Is it because you guys drive elf cars? :becky:

deguerre
06-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Vroom vroom...

http://www.anthonyhughes.ca/b/images/photography/sports/330TyrellElfGS1_ronnypeterson.jpg

Phubar
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
They supply cookers for in country teams over there?

In the UK yes.
This year Ian McKend provided teams with ProQ smokers,last year it was Weber that provided 22,5" kettles.
Often when the comp is over you get to take the cooker home with you.

Phubar
10-09-2013, 10:41 AM
A'ight...we're staying in Tullahoma.
The guy from the Pitmaker trailer is bringing some practice and comp meat...and BBQ equipment/utensils.
4 sponsored WGA's are allready in Lynchburg thanks to Weber NL and Weber International.
We reserved 2 Jeep Cherokees...things are looking good Brethren...

http://img.automobile.de/modellbilder/Jeep-Cherokee-27117_jee_gch_10_1.jpg

Big George's BBQ
10-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Would love to be there

caseydog
10-09-2013, 11:41 AM
'Sup Frankie!

You mean Phrankie?

CD :becky:

BMerrill
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Will see you there.

Phubar
10-23-2013, 02:18 AM
A'ight...we're ready for take off.
See y'all on your side of The Big Pond in 10 hours.

BBQ_MAFIA
10-23-2013, 02:41 AM
Remember the driving rules are a bit different in the USA.
There are also no sharks teeth....so be careful and good luck!

DUBBAGA
10-23-2013, 10:50 AM
A'ight...we're ready for take off.
See y'all on your side of The Big Pond in 10 hours.

Hope you have a good PHlight

gtr
10-23-2013, 11:22 AM
SaPhe travels brother!

deguerre
10-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Well, shoulda landed by now. Hey Lowland Smokers! Welcome to the States!

fingerlickin'
10-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Welocme to the states brother!

big brother smoke
10-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Good luck, Lowland Smokers!

PatAttack
10-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Welocme to the states, Phubes!

Good luck to you guys!!

deguerre
10-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Good luck, Lowland Smokers!

Lookin' pretty snappy in that hat there, Steph. :becky::thumb:

Phubar
10-23-2013, 08:42 PM
We just arrived in Tullahoma...trip went smooth.
On the highway we saw Bub-Ba BQ (something like that) and on the parkinglot at the hotel is DivaQs trailer.
Tomorrow morning we'll be in Lynchburg to receive the Pitmaker trailer, BBQ equipment and meat.
Cheers Brethren!

Ron_L
10-23-2013, 08:45 PM
That would be Bub-ba-Q. Bubba and Shannon Latimer. Very nice people!

Welcome to the US, Phu and good luck!

bbqbull
10-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Good luck Phu!!!

Toast
10-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Very Cool! Best of Luck to Y'all!

Phubar
10-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks guys!
When we got back from the liquor store I met DivaQ on the parkinglot...she gave me a really warm hug and gave some very usefull advice.
Very sweet girl!
Time to take alittle nap....been almost awake for 24 hours.

Phubar
10-24-2013, 12:00 AM
*double post*

DUBBAGA
10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
I met DivaQ on the parkinglot...she gave me a really warm hug and gave some very usefull advice.
Very sweet girl!

What else would you expect, after all, she's Canadian... we're all that way :clap:

Don Marco
10-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Kick some Ass Phu !

DM

deguerre
10-24-2013, 08:25 AM
What else would you expect, after all, she's Canadian... we're all that way :clap:

Wait. I've been getting dragged, kicking and screaming, into Comp all this time, by a...a CANADIAN?!? :shock:

DUBBAGA
10-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Wait. I've been getting dragged, kicking and screaming, into Comp all this time, by a...a CANADIAN?!? :shock:

You have all the qualities to make yourself a fine Canuck... on behalf of the Canadian Government, the Queen and Kathy's Smokin', I bestow on you Mr. Guerry all the rights and responsibilities of an honorary Canadian.

Now please read the oath of citizenship:

"One of us, One of us, Gooble-gobble, Gooble-gobble"
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/flags/flag-of-canada.gif

deguerre
10-24-2013, 10:01 AM
You have all the qualities to make yourself a fine Canuck... on behalf of the Canadian Government, the Queen and Kathy's Smokin', I bestow on you Mr. Guerry all the rights and responsibilities of an honorary Canadian.

Now please read the oath of citizenship:

"One of us, One of us, Gooble-gobble, Gooble-gobble"
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/flags/flag-of-canada.gif

:whoo::whoo::whoo:
:icon_clown:

:heh:

deguerre
10-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Hey Phubes! Good Luck!
What day will y'all be visiting Big Bob's?

loco_engr
10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Hope you brought your camera!

Love to see some pics

QN
10-24-2013, 09:55 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting the Phubar in person tonight and introducing him to Carolyn Wells. Then I had to explain who Carolyn Wells is....
Those Lowland Smoker guys are good folks and a lot of fun. Wish them all the best this weekend at The Jack.

Phubar
10-24-2013, 11:03 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting the Phubar in person tonight and introducing him to Carolyn Wells. Then I had to explain who Carolyn Wells is....
Those Lowland Smoker guys are good folks and a lot of fun. Wish them all the best this weekend at The Jack.

Great to have met you and Saucewitch (?) at Big Bad Byron.
Also met JDMcGee and his wife Rhana,Rookie'48,Fatback Joe and some other Brethren who I forgot.

After the Jack we went to Byron Chisms (Big Bad Byrons Butt rub) place for acouple of drinks which was really cool.
So far we got very much love and respect around here.

Phubar
10-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey Phubes! Good Luck!
What day will y'all be visiting Big Bob's?

We're gonna be there tuesday evening for dinner, don't know what time yet.
Is your Mom still up for a date?

deguerre
10-25-2013, 06:22 AM

I was going to ask her. :thumb:

JD McGee
10-25-2013, 07:45 AM
Also met JDMcGee and his wife Rhana,Rookie'48,Fatback Joe and some other Brethren who I forgot.

After the Jack we went to Byron Chisms (Big Bad Byrons Butt rub) place for acouple of drinks which was really cool.

Great meeting you and Padawan yesterday Herbert...see ya on The Hill tonight! Stand by for a photo blast Brethren! :cool:

gtr
10-25-2013, 09:16 AM

I'll bet she is, especially if yer gonna wear that foil bikini. :thumb:

Big George's BBQ
10-25-2013, 09:07 PM
God luck Phu and everyone else Wish I was there

Kjonge
10-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Good luck (succes) and have fun, looks like you got it all arranged!

Phubar
10-27-2013, 04:12 PM
I was going to ask her. :thumb:

We'll try to be there at 19:00.
We just drove past your house...just arrived in Nashville where we will be staying for 2 days.

Met some other Brethren yesterday...who really surprised me was Brethren Divemaster, all of a sudden he was standing at our cooking area.

Also met Frank Sacco and BobS...I have to look at the pictures to see which other Brethren I've met.
Also met Jhonny Trigg, Tuffy Stone, Paul Kirk and some others...when I get back home thursday I'll post pics.

deguerre
10-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I've emailed my mom and sister Kathy (She's a member here but not active, my BIL just got the bug and has a BGE now so perhaps...) I'll give you her phone number if she OKs that. :thumb:

deguerre
10-27-2013, 04:31 PM
OK. She replied, and it's ON. I sent you an email with her number. :mrgreen:

Phubar
10-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Got it...also send you a PM with my number.

deguerre
10-27-2013, 04:57 PM
I just forwarded yours to my mom. :thumb:

SaucyWench
10-27-2013, 05:38 PM

It was great meeting you at Byron's, and I was glad to see that you aren't near as skinny as you look in your picture! (Too bad it was too cold for you to wear that bikini!) Might have to see if I can change my name on here, I kinda like Saucewitch!
I pheel so honored to be able to say that I now know the phamous Phubar!

Phubar
10-29-2013, 05:07 PM
A'ight...we just arrived in Decatur at the Microtel Inn, sweet looking hotel and the weather is nice 'n warm.
We'll probably do some liquor groceries Phirst, have a couple and then meet DeGuerre's Sister and Mom at Big Bob Gibson between 18:00-19:00.

tasterner
10-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Sounds like you're living the dream, keep having fun man!!

Phubar
10-30-2013, 12:22 AM
I got much love for your Mom and Sis Guerry...within a short time they stole my heart.
They're my Phamily now!

I told your Sis that I liked her cat earrings and told her that Padawan loves cats...she immediatly took them out of her ears and gave them to Padawan even though I said no.*respect*

Phood at Big Bob Gibson was of the hook...we ate well!
We also got a little tour from Ken Hess in the kitchen where the brick pits and Southern Pride are.
My buddy Dennessey got a BBQ book signed by Chris Lilly and Ken Hess...today was a good day.
Too bad Chris Lilly wasn't there, that would be a very cool way to end our last day.

deguerre
10-30-2013, 07:26 AM
You and Padawan were a big hit, Phubes! My sister and I traded a couple texts.

Kathy: "Herbert is very charming! And his partner as well. Enjoyed meeting them very much! They seem so very nice! Thank you for letting us know. If I can manage to get back on the website I will let you know."

Me: "I'm glad y'all got a chance to meet. :-D Herbert is a nice guy. Figured meeting y'all would give him a little insight. On many things!"

Kathy: "He said he has enjoyed Southern hospitality....that we are friendlier than the Dutch. I am really glad they had such a positive trip here. They were very warm. Mother enjoyed them just as much. It was a real treat! Please tell him how much we enjoyed them."

Message conveyed. :thumb::thumb:

So. "Charming", eh?:becky:

Phubar
10-31-2013, 07:10 AM
Hey y'alls!
Phu's back in The Netherlands.
We arrived this morning at 10:30AM Dutch time.
Probably tomorrow I'll post my most epic thread up to now.
Gonna get me some rest and edit my Photo's.

deguerre
10-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Glad you're safely back home!

PatAttack
10-31-2013, 08:00 AM
Phubes has left the building...for now.

tasterner
10-31-2013, 08:42 AM
Hey y'alls!
Phu's back in The Netherlands.
We arrived this morning at 10:30AM Dutch time.
Probably tomorrow I'll post my most epic thread up to now.
Gonna get me some rest and edit my Photo's.

Glad you made it home safely and had a great time. Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about it!

gtr
11-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Glad your travels were saPhe and you had what appears to be an epic time! :thumb: