PDA

View Full Version : Is their a Midwest get together ?

bbqbull
03-10-2006, 10:44 AM
Hello BBQ friends, I live in Michigan and am pretty new to this forum.

I was wondering???? Is there a Brethern Bash in the Midwest area?

If so, could somebody please let me know when and where?

Otherwise, possibly we could put one together if there is some interest.

Thanks in advance

Bull:-D

ciret
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I was talking to PimpSmoke about that yesterday. There is a KCBS competion in Racine, WI July 28 & 29. Just a thought we could get together and enter a couple of Brethren teams.

Bill-Chicago
03-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I was talking to PimpSmoke about that yesterday. There is a KCBS competion in Racine, WI July 28 & 29. Just a thought we could get together and enter a couple of Brethren teams.

That's funny.

I was talking to PimpSmoke on setting something up too.

We were kicking around some resort/beach/bbq action in Sheboygan.

ciret
03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
That's funny.

I was talking to PimpSmoke on setting something up too.

We were kicking around some resort/beach/bbq action in Sheboygan.

He did mention that. And then we kicked around doing something at the Zoo B Que in Racine.

Interested?

HoDeDo
03-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm interested too.... Are any of you coming down to Iowa? The BarBeQlossal, or North Iowa Champ. ?? We could tag onto one of those... But I have relatives in Shawnao and Kenosha... so WI is cool too....

Kevin
03-10-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm interested too.... Are any of you coming down to Iowa? The BarBeQlossal, or North Iowa Champ. ?? We could tag onto one of those... But I have relatives in Shawnao and Kenosha... so WI is cool too....

North Iowa Champ? I just tried to look this up but KCBS website seems to be down at the moment. Is this the one in Mason City? I plan on being there. About an hour and a half from here.

Bill-Chicago
03-10-2006, 09:30 PM
He did mention that. And then we kicked around doing something at the Zoo B Que in Racine.

Interested?

I'm interested in what I would call "both"

Cool to see some brothers compete, but cooler still to have a few WSM's on the beach of Lake Michigan, water park for the kids, families off doing their thing, us kicking back with a brewski and a smoker.

And the place I have already visited, has a beach where we could carve out 200 sq yards of space for ourselves. We just need to check on permit issues.

Ron_L will be part of this, I'm sure.

The place in Sheboygan, it could host the Mother of All Bashes. Bash Luxury, with beach, with waterpark, with condo's

Farking awesome. Teach these people how to bash with WI Breweries, Sheboygan (home of Brat), beaches, water parks for kids, etc. MEga Farking Bash.

I'm starting to work on dates ASAP once dog sitter is identified

PimpSmoke
03-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Man, I'm down with whatever gets put together. Gotta say, If I had to choose between contest and Bash, at the skill level I'm at, I pick bash. But, ya never know I'm in the damn state so I could go for both.

Right now I'm just thirsty for anything that gets the "where two or more are gathrered, BBQ will be there" goin.

Sacriledge Mod:mrgreen:

Ron_L
03-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Ron_L will be part of this, I'm sure.

You betcha! Depending on the dates, of course...

Bill-Chicago
03-11-2006, 04:58 PM
You betcha! Depending on the dates, of course...

Okay, I'm going to try to swing both.

I sent a message to Aebs, who is in Menominee Falls outside Milwaukee.

As this comes together, we can decide what we want to do, but we can visit/compete/judge/attend the Racine event, followed by a FAMILY bash/bbq/vacation at www.blueharborresort.com for 3 days.

I have a couple issues that will prevent me from looking into this for at least a month, but please semd me a PM in 30 days to get me back on it.

Hopefully Greg can make it, but he needs to walk about 30 yards to get to the waterways, so it might not appeal to him. For me, City Boy, I spent 3 of the most calming, refreshing, days waking up at 7am and walking along the beach of LAke Michigan, where its actually clear, and forgetting all my problems with the sound of the waves.

I'll resize some pictures of the place to see if it meats Brethren standards

ciret
03-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Yep, yep, yep, sounds good to me, I mean either or both :)

Sheboygan is nice, small town, with lots of new development going on.

Can't wait . . .

HoDeDo
03-11-2006, 07:52 PM
North Iowa Champ? I just tried to look this up but KCBS website seems to be down at the moment. Is this the one in Mason City? I plan on being there. About an hour and a half from here.

You got it... Mason City. I'm looking forward to the margarita and bloody mary contests to boot :o)

Wayne (MokanMeathead) and I will be cooking that one, complete with his infamous Margarita machine. We'll look for you there!!

bbqbull
03-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey gang, Im bout 4 to 5 hours from Chicago, probably another 5 to 6 hours from your proposed location for a bash. Please keep me appraised of said get together. I will supply my phone numbers if needed, or I can call you if you send me a private message. If this plan comes together, sounds like a fariking great time for all involved. Should I bring my bride?
Thanks in advance
Bull