PDA

View Full Version : Double D's Hot

deguerre
06-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Y'all gotta try this. A fried pork chop sandwich with a slice or two of American cheese on a cheap white bun with Double D's Hot BBQ sauce.
I love a good pork chop sandwich in the first place and I usually use 57 sauce, but with the Double D's Hot...oh MAN.

fingerlickin'
06-13-2013, 06:24 PM
Dude, I'm certain that sandwich is the bomb, but this thread is destined to have someone post that pic of the people holding up that sign that says this thread is useless without pitchers.

deguerre
06-13-2013, 06:28 PM
That's OK. Didn't take pics. It's a fried pork chop. With cheese. And sauce. On a bun. It was GOOOOOOOOOOOD. Not too hard to imagine...:-D

colonel00
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't think anyone would ever say this thread is useless without pics

Bamabuzzard
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I see you finally got into the Hot flavor! LOL! I'm glad you liked it. This flavor is quickly becoming our best seller the more we take it to trade shows.

Redhot
06-14-2013, 09:41 AM
You fried a pork chop? And I missed it? :confused:

deguerre
06-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I see you finally got into the Hot flavor! LOL! I'm glad you liked it. This flavor is quickly becoming our best seller the more we take it to trade shows.

I love a sauce you can do shots of and go "Oh MY". It's that good. Feel like I'm wasting it though by just drinking it...:rolleyes:

deguerre
06-14-2013, 09:49 AM
You fried a pork chop? And I missed it? :confused:

A few weeks ago. Remember those? Made a sandwich for work.

Bamabuzzard
06-14-2013, 09:50 AM
I love a sauce you can do shots of and go "Oh MY". It's that good. Feel like I'm wasting it though by just drinking it...:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if your wife cooks meatloaf. But we've recently had a lot of women who see us at shows tell us that they use it in their meatloaf and it is wonderful. It's good to hear customers coming up with different ways to use it. That is also part of our marketing as well. It can be used for so much more than a "BBQ Sauce". But it is still a very good bbq sauce (or so we like to think it is. :grin:)

deguerre
06-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Hey Redhot! Will you make me a smoked meatloaf with Double D's on your Akorn? Pleeeeeease???:pray:

Bamabuzzard
06-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Hey Redhot! Will you make me a smoked meatloaf with Double D's on your Akorn? Pleeeeeease???:pray:

No joke. Make me one to. My wife doesn't know how to cook meatloaf. :pray:

Redhot
06-14-2013, 09:59 AM
A few weeks ago. Remember those? Made a sandwich for work.

Oh, those, but I call that seared since they weren't breaded and not much oil was used. :becky: And OH YEAH, those pan seared super thick chops were awesome, as was the sauce!

Love the meatloaf idea Bamabuzzard, gotta try that!

deguerre
06-14-2013, 10:01 AM
The only thing Redhot can't cook is liver, and only because she hates it. In fact, If I ever do comps, she's gonna be the chicken cook because her's beats the holy crap outta mine.

deguerre
06-16-2013, 11:55 AM
OK, Double D's Hot makes for some AWESOME killer BBQ Baked Beans too...

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b414/redhot696/Guerry%20TD/pan8_zps1c5d97d4.jpg (http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/redhot696/media/Guerry%20TD/pan8_zps1c5d97d4.jpg.html)

Here's how I cooked 'em if interested...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163390

The jar in the pic is the regular, but it was pretty. Redhot had her dog on the toasted bun with some of the Hot straight from the jar.

Bamabuzzard
06-17-2013, 09:33 AM
How do you like that Coleman's Mustard Powder? I saw some in the store the other day and almost bought some. But wasn't sure.

deguerre
06-17-2013, 09:39 AM
The Coleman's is my favorite powdered mustard brand, and I use it in a LOT of recipes. It also makes a very good and VERY HOT (!!!) Chinese style mustard mixed half and half by volume with water. The longer it sits, the hotter it gets.

Bamabuzzard
06-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Good deal. I use mustard powder in one of my rib rubs and had never seen Coleman's before. Our Kroger just started carrying it. I think I may try it now!!! THANKS!

Bamabuzzard
06-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Here's a simple rub I like to use mustard powder in that is dang good on ribs.

1/4 cup "Sugar in the raw"
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Hungarian Paprika
1 tablespoon onion flakes
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder.

Also, I normally do not put sauce on my ribs but this rub with a light coating of Double D's (regular or hot) is wonderful.

deguerre
06-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Will be trying this. Thanks! Is the Hungarian "Sweet" or "Hot"? Also, the red pepper, crushed flakes or cayenne?

Bamabuzzard
06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Will be trying this. Thanks! Is the Hungarian "Sweet" or "Hot"? Also, the red pepper, crushed flakes or cayenne?

Personally the Hungarian Paprika is more sweet than hot. But to me it has more of a "smokey" flavor than regular paprika. The red pepper is crushed. I know you like things a bit hot so you might want a full teaspoon or more. :becky:

Oh, almost forgot. I put this rub in a food blender for about ten seconds.

deguerre
06-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Personally the Hungarian Paprika more sweet then hot. But to me it has more of a "smokey" flavor than regular paprika. The red pepper is crushed. I know you like things a bit hot so you might want a full teaspoon or more. :becky:
Good. I usually have both the Szeged sweet and the hot on hand and most times have a bottle of smoked paprika as well. The hot is not quite as spicey as cayenne but is close. We keep a pizza parlor shaker of crushed red pepper and a salt shaker of cayenne that we use at the table.:becky:

crimsonaudio
01-08-2014, 09:27 AM
It's my fav sauce ever - made me stop trying to find a good recipe and just order a case.

deguerre
01-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Last I heard, Dave was going to see if the Krogers in Memphis could start carrying his sauces, since they already do in his area, but I don't know if that's been discussed yet. Til then, I don't mind ordering. Especially the pickles. Gotta have the pickles.

crimsonaudio
01-10-2014, 09:29 PM
I sure hope so - though I'm set for the short term, just had a bit delivered today:

http://crimsonaudio.net/BBQ/DoubleDs_order.jpg

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bamabuzzard
01-13-2014, 08:53 PM
Last I heard, Dave was going to see if the Krogers in Memphis could start carrying his sauces, since they already do in his area, but I don't know if that's been discussed yet. Til then, I don't mind ordering. Especially the pickles. Gotta have the pickles.

We're having to go through the corporate office in Cincinnati. They told us we first had to get into some of their vendor shows where store managers around the country could sample it. We've filled out the paper work but was told up front it is a lengthy process. So we're exercising patience and perseverance and going through the process.

deguerre
01-15-2014, 12:24 PM
We're having to go through the corporate office in Cincinnati. They told us we first had to get into some of their vendor shows where store managers around the country could sample it. We've filled out the paper work but was told up front it is a lengthy process. So we're exercising patience and perseverance and going through the process.

That's excellent news! I'm patient. :thumb: