PDA

View Full Version : need help with amount of salad

sunrise
06-10-2013, 11:08 PM
We are doing a 45th aniversary party for 40 guests. I have figures all the meat (tri tip), beans & mac & cheese. I am stuck on how much green salad to get. They want lettuce, tomatos, cukes. Any help would be appreaciated.
Thanks

Spartan_Jeff
06-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Usually I figure 3 oz per person on greens/lettuce. Depends on the crowd, but we always seem to have alot of salad leftover. Just don't run out of salad dressing.

SmokinJohn
06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Salad does not go with tri-tip. Problem solved.

Sorry about that...wrong forum response. my apologies.

chad
06-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I seem to remember a bag of premix at Sam's has 16 as the servings. So, a couple of bags, six cukes, some pepper rings, a quart of cherry or other small tomatoes and voila'. Salad for 40ish. You will not run out of salad...I have never run out of salad..ever...

HBMTN
06-11-2013, 08:36 PM
If you are serving it as a side along with the other items you can get about 25oz of greens and or spinach 2 cukes, 2 bell peppers, 1 large red onion and a small container of cherry tomatoes and you will have plenty.

If you are serving a salad as a 1st course of a meal then I have no idea. We serve it as a side and the above will cover 50 people served that way.