PDA

View Full Version : Any good BBQ near Myrtle?

Hardluck
06-07-2013, 10:38 AM
Heading to the beach looking for some coos Carolina BBQ. Any suggestions?

Cack
06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Not that I know of. I've been going my whole life and have never heard of a good one. You have your typical chain ones ... Sticky Fingers, Little Pigs etc etc

PatAttack
06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Me neither. Take the road trip and go to Scott's BBQ in Hemingway S.C..

I promise you will not be disappointed!

Hardluck
06-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Me neither. Take the road trip and go to Scott's BBQ in Hemingway S.C..

I promise you will not be disappointed!

How far is it? Ill drive outa the war for GOOD bbq! ;)

PatAttack
06-07-2013, 11:29 AM
How far is it? Ill drive outa the war for GOOD bbq! ;)

Maybe an hour away.? Probably less, though. Do it. You won't regret it!

Hardluck
06-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Maybe an hour away.? Probably less, though. Do it. You won't regret it!

Well it's official!!! I'm going! Checked out their web site and that my cup of tea!!! I may be alone (wife may not leave beach) but I will be there!! Thanks for advice.... Anymore? ;)

Cack
06-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Be carefuly taking Low Countrys advice like that ... he's been known to lead a brethren astray ... geeeeeeez

Haha, I've actually heard Scott's is a really good spot.

Teamfour
06-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Scott's rules!! We were there two weeks ago. It took 45 minutes from Pawleys Island which is just south of Myrtle Beach.

Check out the Cooking Channel website. Their season opening show this week was about Scotts. You can watch the episode online.

Hardluck
06-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Scott's rules!! We were there two weeks ago. It took 45 minutes from Pawleys Island which is just south of Myrtle Beach.

Check out the Cooking Channel website. Their season opening show this week was about Scotts. You can watch the episode online.

Thank you I checked out the show man fire food online and im ready to go now!!! looks great

sfisch
06-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Cant remember the name of it, but if you take the main road (9?)from North Myrtle Beach up over the intercoastal and it curves around into N. Carolina, a couple miles up the road on the right hand side was a small mom and pop place, very good food and atmosphere. Little Pigs was ok too but shrimps and seafood is a must in Myrtle too!!

PatAttack
06-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Be carefuly taking Low Countrys advice like that ... he's been known to lead a brethren astray ... geeeeeeez

Haha, I've actually heard Scott's is a really good spot.

What you talkin' bout, Upstate???:boxing:

SuperdutyBBQ
06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
I live here in Myrtle and I'm a big fan of Hog Heaven towards Georgetown and prossers bbq buffet is good too. Course due to the influence of this site I know make much better bbq on one of my 6 grills and smokers. No I don't have a problem I just like to cover all the bases... Lol.

PatAttack
06-11-2013, 12:41 PM
I live here in Myrtle and I'm a big fan of Hog Heaven towards Georgetown and prossers bbq buffet is good too. Course due to the influence of this site I know make much better bbq on one of my 6 grills and smokers. No I don't have a problem I just like to cover all the bases... Lol.

I've picked up some of theirs on the way back from Myrtle. It was ok.

Never tried their buffet, though. Is the buffet any good??

SuperdutyBBQ
06-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah pretty good.. can't believe I forgot Radd Dews out on 701 south. Awesome bbq and home made sausage and sides. It's not pit cooked anymore unless you use them for catering but still good.

Hardluck
06-16-2013, 04:46 PM
UPDATE... Just got home from Myrtle and I made the 1.5 hour trip from north Myrtle to Scotts.... Atmosphere was awesome people were awesome, some of the hand written signs were awesome but the pork was just ok :sad:..... I was a little let down. I did have the best wings ever at Big KT's in North Myrtle. He smoked them then froze them and when ordered there deep fried! PERFECT wings. I ate them twice just to make sure:-D