PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte, NC

bmonkman
05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
I'm going to be in Charlotte for a couple of days early in June. I have one night free and want to check out some good NC Que.

The Midwood Smokehouse has had good reviews on Yelp. Anyone have any alternate suggestions?

Brian

bbq.tom
05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
I've not been to Milwood Smokehouse, but if you can check out Mac's Speed Shop, 2511 South Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28203 - (704)522-6227

They compete and have pretty decent barbecue and other items (their Mac&Cheese is outstanding!).

brownkw
05-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Depends on your goal. If you're looking for "authentic NC BBQ" in Charlotte, you'll have two options -- Sauceman's (Lexington style) or Bill Spoon's (Eastern Carolina style). I like both.

Midwood Smokehouse by far has the best brisket in Charlotte. You can order it fatty, lean, or a mix (I prefer mix). My favorite ribs so far have been from Queen City Q (in uptown Charlotte). Mac's on South Blvd. has decent BBQ, although I've been disappointed in their pork each time (too dry).

I've tried to review the good places (http://www.bigwaynerbbq.com/tag/nc-bbq-joints/) that I've come across so far. Shoot me a message if you have any questions.