PDA

View Full Version : Looking 4 new charcoal grill, HELP!

TheMadPlumbarian
05-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Ive been grilling for over 15yrs but never with charcoal, always gas. we moved and the new place we moved to has changed there rules and don't allow gas, so i need to change to charcoal, on top of that every time im done with the grill i have to place it in the basement, so i also need something light enough to carry down a flight of steps. im grilling for a family of four, and we get company every once and a while so nothing to small, one that ive had my eye on is the weber jumbo joe? not to big, yet not to small, and portable. but i dont know whats good out there when it comes to charcoal, any suggestions? thank you, JR

BBQchef33
05-19-2013, 12:08 AM
Whats your budget?

22 inch weber kettle and bags of Royal Oak lump are all you need. Weber has an 18 inch model that would be a little lighter to carry, but u may have trouble feeding a family of 4 with that.

and dont forget a chimney to light things faster.

and if its fits your budget, look into the ceramics. costco has some inexpensive ones for $4-500... or you can look at he kamodos and green eggs for a bit more.

TheMadPlumbarian
05-19-2013, 09:26 PM
I'd like to keep it around $100. JR

trohrs123
05-19-2013, 09:40 PM
i bought this little guy to bring to comps just to cook a few burgers and dogs for me and the Mrs. nice little ...can cook 6 to 8 burgers at a time lightweight a little more than you wanted to spend though
Amazon.com: Cuisinart CCG-100 GrateLifter Portable Charcoal Grill: Patio, Lawn & Garden

BBQchef33
05-19-2013, 11:29 PM
22 inch uweber kettles are a bit more than 100. u can probably get an 18 inch for 99.

a other option is the less expensive off brand square grills u can get at Lowes for 49 bucks. I would keep an eye on craiglist for a used kettle.

BigBellyBBQ
05-20-2013, 06:01 AM
something about the kettle, they have the sizes figured out for amount of air space available, spend for the weber.tough to beat

gaspipe1
05-20-2013, 08:53 AM
I would look on CL for a Weber 22" kettle or better yet a Performer. BTW you can always buy or make a side table for the kettle.