PDA

View Full Version : Appetizer pricing.

Yakfishingfool
05-16-2013, 01:24 PM
So I am finalizing my "menu and prices" and have hit a bit of a road block. How do I charge for appetizers. One side of me say's by the pound and another says by the item and then a big part of me says per person. Moink ball sare easy where as ABT's take more time. And forget the amount of time to do bacon shot's. So how have others done it? What did you do when charging for appetizers? thanks for the insight guys and gals. Scott

landarc
05-16-2013, 01:53 PM
I have seen two ways being the most common, by the plate and by the piece.

Thus, a plate of three MOINK balls or three ABT's is $x.00 per plate

or

a single MOINK or ABT is $x.00 each.

Never seen them done by the pound. Although that could be done, as you will need to figure the price by the pound of ingredients. The issue becomes that people will ask how many are in a pound. Generally, appetizers are estimated by the quantity to be served.

Yakfishingfool
05-16-2013, 02:25 PM
I agree, the pound thing ran to a disaster real quick. I think the thing to do is per the plate and then serve a combination of appetizers. Unfortunately some are fast and easy to do and some rather time consuming. But I think that is the way I will go. Scott

landarc
05-16-2013, 02:25 PM
no lamb?

deguerre
05-16-2013, 03:38 PM
no lamb?

Wait. Sacco's a partner?

themidniteryder
05-16-2013, 09:45 PM
I would go by the plate or piece. If you go by the pound, sooner or later you will find that nut case who pulls out the scale and says that 2oz moink is only 1.97oz.

Yakfishingfool
05-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Lamb was taken off the plate as I can only use virgins and with Sacco around....well you can imagine.