PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, SC

nastynotch347
05-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Brethren, I'm going to be in Charleston tonight till Sunday for my brother in laws graduation from the Citadel. Just wondering where the best spot for Q is and any recommendations on food in general. Thanks in advance. Jon

PatAttack
05-01-2013, 06:51 AM
Dukes BBQ on James Island has a pretty good buffet. Q not too bad.

If you really want something good, go to Bessingers on Savannah Hwy. on Sunday for lunch. It is worth the trip!

If you like vinegar based you can try Momma Browns in Mt Pleasant. Spicy vinegar sauce that'll wake you right up!

Melvin's and Sticky Fingers is another option. Too bad I'm working this weekend. I have the best BBQ in Charleston.:wink:

cpw
05-01-2013, 07:02 AM
I haven't been, but http://queology.com/ is a Brethren member and also a competition team. I'd bet it's top notch.

nastynotch347
05-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Dukes BBQ on James Island has a pretty good buffet. Q not too bad.

If you really want something good, go to Bessingers on Savannah Hwy. on Sunday for lunch. It is worth the trip!

If you like vinegar based you can try Momma Browns in Mt Pleasant. Spicy vinegar sauce that'll wake you right up!

Melvin's and Sticky Fingers is another option. Too bad I'm working this weekend. I have the best BBQ in Charleston.:wink:

What time will you be home, I don't mind eating late!

Thanks guys!

smokinewbie
05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
This helps me out a lot. I'll be in town over labor day weekend....first time to Charleston. Any other off the beaten path spots I should try? I would love to see the real Charleston not the tourist front

PatAttack
05-23-2013, 11:53 AM
This helps me out a lot. I'll be in town over labor day weekend....first time to Charleston. Any other off the beaten path spots I should try? I would love to see the real Charleston not the tourist front

If you want the real deal, take a day trip to Hemingway S.C., to Scott's BBQ. Real deal whole hog. You could also try Sweatman's. The BBQ Joint in North Charleston off Park Circle is also pretty good.

smokinewbie
05-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Sweet. Thank you sir

Teamfour
05-24-2013, 07:29 PM
I stopped at Scott's today on my way home from Pawleys Island. It was amazing!