PDA

View Full Version : Q on the way to Memphis

ardorx
04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Me and the wife are on the way to Memphis for a concert tonight. Spending the night and heading home Sunday. The plan is to grab a little Q in some places on our journey. Thought I'd share our findings on the way. I'll update as we go. I grew up in Decatur so it wouldn't be right to not grab some Bob Gibsons on the way through. Sorry for the pics...doing this on my nexus 4. $3.39 for the sammies and $1.89 for the sides. Not bad honestly. The pictures don't do the flavor justice. Good smoke flavor, a little sweet on the vinegar slaw and when you jack it with the cayenne vinegar sauce... still one of the best sandwiches you can find around here. Decent beans and the potato salad was standard fare. Mods, hope it's cool I posted this here.

Wyley
04-27-2013, 04:44 PM
If you are going up I-65 make sure you stop at exit 22 in TN and go to Pop's BBQ which is located in the Tennessean Truck Stop.

pmad
04-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Go to Willie Mae's Rib House in West Memphis, AR.
Might be the best BBQ I've had.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Willie-Maes-Rib-House/119762431367815

It is in a rough neighborhood so you might want to do lunch.
Inside are some very kind and funny old school black men.

ardorx
04-27-2013, 05:31 PM
We ended up taking 72 west onto Memphis, we are in Germantown about to eat at commissary bbq... details in a few. We are going to head to Nola in the morning now actually so if anyone knows a good one on the way let me know!

Bludawg
04-27-2013, 05:33 PM
:thumb:Those are both excellent suggestions I have been to both joints.:biggrin1:

Bludawg
04-27-2013, 05:41 PM
There used to be a pretty good rib shack in an old gas station off the 1st exit on 55 just across the line in MS on EP blvd before you cross back into TN on hte left, if you go past Graceland it is on the right just across the line I can't remember the name... Dam CRS is kicikin in.

ardorx
04-27-2013, 05:44 PM
There used to be a pretty good rib shack in an old gas station off the 1st exit on 55 just across the line in MS on EP blvd before you cross back into TN on hte left, if you go past Graceland it is on the right just across the line I can't remember the name... Dam CRS is kicikin in.

:twitch::biggrin1:

Will have to check