PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Comp at work

SmokinJohn
04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
I would like to create a friendly rivalry at work.

We have had salsa and pumpkin carving contests in the past, but I want to kick it up a notch. I'm thinking BBQ Comp

In order to minimize chaos (and loss of productivity), should I limit the entries to chicken things and tri-tip?

Also, If we started the fires at 8am, would noon turn-in, eating time be good?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.

cynfulsmokersbbq
04-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Pork loin can cook pretty quickly as well. And then there is plenty left to feed the masses.

bbq.tom
04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
In order to minimize chaos (and loss of productivity), should I limit the entries to chicken things and tri-tip?

Tri-tip in 4 hours???

Lake Dogs
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
> should I limit the entries to chicken things and tri-tip?

Clue #1 "we ain't in Kansas any more, Toto"...

:-)

JS-TX
04-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Just make sure everybody is on board with whatever ya go with. I tried organizing a neighborhood cook off a few years ago. About 10 people said they were interested but only 1 other guy showed up. We ended up just cooking for about 60 people that came by.

luke duke
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Tri-tip in 4 hours???

Easily.

Heck, you could probably start with a live cow and have a finished tri-tip in 4 hours.

Jorge
04-15-2013, 12:35 PM
I would like to create a friendly rivalry at work.

We have had salsa and pumpkin carving contests in the past, but I want to kick it up a notch. I'm thinking BBQ Comp

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you.

Sounds like it would work to me. Country ribs and sausage could be done in that time as well.

SmokinJohn
04-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Tri-tip in 4 hours???

I'm going have to have you come out here and sample mine (or I will send you a frozen sample)......