View Full Version : Roll call for Central TX Brethren for Feb 11th Lockhart

02-07-2006, 11:16 PM
I just wanted to remind everyone about Lockhart on Saturday Feb 11th.

Kreuz Market at noon!

I look forward to meeting everyone!

02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm in

02-08-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm in - in spirit anyway.

02-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Well - looks like 2 are going so far.

02-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Well - looks like 2 are going so far.

We need encouragement not bullchit, got enough of that already

02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Zilla be there highnoon very hungry eat lots BBQ and icecream UGH!

02-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Last I knew Fivelombardis is in, schedule permitting.

02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Hopefully i'm still in, work schedule is not looking too helpful.

Will know by Friday.

02-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Gotta miss this un, boys. Hope y'all have a blast.

02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Fivelombardis won't be able to make it. He's had something come up at the last minute. Sent my cell # to the folks that indicated they were going to make it. Lookiing forward to meeting everyone.

02-11-2006, 07:38 PM
It was great to meat Zilla, Greg, and Stan. It is always interesting to match the voice and personality to the posts. We started at Kreuz Market and had some pretty good Q (not the best I've had there), but I'll leave the reviews to others. We made it to Black's and I had to bail for some family issues that came up. Hope everyone enjoyed the rest of the Q crawl, and I'm looking forward to seeing each of you again..hopefully sooner than later

Added note: Zilla was thoughtful enough to bring gifts. I really appreciate it! I've got some shopping to do to reciprocate.

02-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Ditto Jorge!

It was great to meet you, Zilla and Greg.

Kreuz Market was very good. I really liked the jalapeno sausage. Then we were off to Blacks. It was ok. Brisket was a little dry. Turkey was good! Then we went down the road to Smitty's Market. That was cool to see the old place and the history. Unfortunately, we ate too much at Kreuz Market and Blacks so we just soaked up the atmosphere. Zilla did eat down some Blue Bell ice cream though. I did come away with some of Smitty's rub! Will use that next time I fire up the Dera. Then we left and went to Floyds (aka Chisolm Trail). We just had beer at Floyds and talked.
Good time was had by all.

Jorge I hope thing is ok with your family thing! I will upload the picture of me, Zilla and Greg at Blacks.

02-11-2006, 10:27 PM
What?? You farkers are done and back already? I was just fixin to call Jorge's cell. Hope ya'll had fun and looking forward to a full report and photos.

02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
We pretty much stuffed ourselves at Kreuz market. Beef shoulder was good, so was the spares and sausage. I bought a box for home. I finally was able to pick up some rub at Smitty's for the exchange, but most had little for sale but souveniers. Was great meeting Zilla, Stan and Jorge, but my over indulgence at Kreuz's slowed me for the rest of the day. I look forward to doing this again soon!

02-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I had a real nice time with the guys, It was was a pleasure to meet you all. Greg, thanks again for driving. Stan hit the review on the head. I liked the all beef, jap and cheese sausage, and the clod was pretty good too. The company and conversation was the best though. Hope to get the Texas bash off the ground now. :grin:

02-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I got the photos uploaded. I enjoyed it guys! Zilla thanks for the gift.

We started at Kreuz Market. Ate way to much.
Then Blacks. (Pictures from left to right) Stan, Zilla and Greg
Smitty's was third. Great atmosphere. Check out the pit!
We ended at Chisolm Trail better known as Floyds.

Sorry no picture of the que. We ate it before I got the camera out. Next time!

02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Looks like y'all had a great time. Hope to meet all y'all next time.