PDA

View Full Version : meat flavoring

rookiedad
02-05-2006, 08:53 AM
i recently read an article that stated that mcdonalds flavors their fries, chicken and possibly their milkshakes with, you guessed it, beef! question is would or does anybody cross flavor competition food? such as adding beef flavor to pork or ribs, or bacon flavor to beef, or either beef or pork flavor to chicken via injections, marinades or bastes. thanks.
phil

MoKanMeathead
02-06-2006, 07:50 AM
I use chicken stock in my pork injection. Basically it is Chris Lilly's injection recipe with the addition of chicken stock.

ZILLA
02-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Beef and/or Chicken stock in pinto beans (And any other bean or lentil) gives an amazing flavor base that raises the taste above and beyond beans cooked only in water.

spicewine
02-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Water is good for making Tea or Kool-Aid--- For everything else I use a good stock of some kind.

jgh1204
02-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Now if McD's would add beef flavoring to the burgers, they might have something.

BrooklynQ
02-06-2006, 10:02 PM
The reason Mikie D's does that is because they used to fry everything in LARD - beef fat. When the nutrition folks got on they're case about it, they switched to vegetable oil which changed the flavor of the fries, which in turn hurt sales. So, their solution was to add the beef flavoring on anything they'd fry.

ButtrubberBBQ
02-07-2006, 09:26 AM
That is just what my old lady needs to do, add some beef lard to her milkshakes!!!

Any time I inject a marinade in briskett I cut it with beef broth. I also like to add a little bacon grease to by BBQ sauce in place of salt.

JohnMcD348
02-07-2006, 09:12 PM
I remember awhile back that some guy was suing McD's for adding the beef flavor to the fries becuase he was Hindu(or something) and had been eating the fries for years and was now totally disgusted with himself for having eatin "cow" without his knowledge.