PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Class 3 Eyz BBQ KCBS Competition Class

Dan - 3eyzbbq
03-17-2013, 01:02 PM
June 8-9, 2013 (Sat/Sun) @ The BBQ Guru in Warminster, PA

This is a class geared toward those that have been bitten by the competition bug. New team or experienced, this is the class for you. Starting with prep and continuing through presentation, we will be cooking a full load of competition meats on our own equipment. The fee includes snacks, dinner, breakfast, T-shirt, a goodie bag and exclusive discounts on some of our sponsors products! The class will be held at the BBQ Guru headquarters in Warminster, PA. We will be set up under a large tent with the ability to move indoors in the unlikely event of bad weather. 1:00pm Saturday to 2:00pm Sunday (or until all questions are answered).

http://www.3eyzbbq.com/rubsales.htm

And...in the spirit of giving something back. The first 5 Brethren to sign up and pay in full get a $100.00 discount!

swamprb
03-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Catch me on the I-5 N exit and 175th St. M-F

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/DSC_0683.jpg

I'd hit it!

Pole D
03-17-2013, 08:00 PM
I took the class in FL that was 3Eyz and Swamp Boys. All I can say is get yourself there and take the class!

sdbbq1234
03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
+1!!!! ^^^^^^ what he said.

If I was rich, I'd go again. Not only will you get to see the team's methods and madness for why they do things (which of course has made them the hottest team around), but, you will also get to enjoy some of their really dam! good tasting competition food!

You won't be disappointed.

Maybe I'll ask if they need a gofer............ :oops:

wallace

Dan - 3eyzbbq
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=sdbbq1234;2412460
Maybe I'll ask if they need a gofer............ :oops:

wallace[/QUOTE]

Couldn't hurt to ask :wink:

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Still have a few spots open for this class, dont wait til the last minute to sign up.

Teamfour
04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Is the $100 discount still available? Also, does the class run continuously through the night, or is a hotel room required?

Dan - 3eyzbbq
04-01-2013, 10:32 AM
We will still honor the brethren $100 discount :thumb:

We will be cooking throughout the night, but the instruction part of the class will stop around 7pm (Party will start at 7pm and go until.....) and class will pickup again at 7am Sunday. You can grab a hotel or pitch a tent (grass field).

Timmy Mac
04-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm signed up. Is it June 8th yet!!!

Hot Sauce Hoss
04-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Great class, take it and learn from some of the best.

Smokin Hoss

Dan - 3eyzbbq
04-02-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm signed up. Is it June 8th yet!!!

29 this morning at my house. I hope it comes soon too, lol

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-05-2013, 08:52 AM
We'll be at the Go Naked event this weekend, stop by and say hello, maybe an adult beverage or seven............

WineMaster
04-05-2013, 09:20 AM
We'll be at the Go Naked event this weekend, stop by and say hello, maybe an adult beverage or seven............

Good Luck this weekend!!

Timmy Mac
04-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Good luck this weekend. Cant go wrong with the adult bevs sound like my kinda team!!!

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-15-2013, 06:52 AM
Bump

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Hey all, we will be Lexington, NC this weekend at the BBQ Capital Cook-Off.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
04-24-2013, 07:31 AM
BTW, here is a direct link to register for a local hotel. We got them to shave some off the daily rate for the class:

http://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=ex&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=WRMPA&_PMID=99801505&GPC=EYZ&blpu=true (http://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?path=hd&brandCode=ex&localeCode=en&regionCode=1&hotelCode=WRMPA&_PMID=99801505&GPC=EYZ&blpu=true)

Dan - 3eyzbbq
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Good morning all. There is still room for you in this class. What are you waiting for? Your competition is signing up :)

And BTW, RGC this weekend in Lexington :second:

Rick Hamilton
04-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Good morning all. There is still room for you in this class. What are you waiting for? Your competition is signing up :)

And BTW, RGC this weekend in Lexington :second:

Would I get Eric's bean recipe?

Great job again! You guys have definately found the magic. Keep it up!

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Would I get Eric's bean recipe?

Great job again! You guys have definately found the magic. Keep it up!

Thanks Rick, appreciate it. You will have to ask Eric about the beans, we dont have that recipe.......

markG
04-29-2013, 02:10 PM
If anyone is on the fence about this class, don't be! You WILL benefit from spending time with these guys and I can tell you that your scores will improve if you follow their lead. Dan and Chris do an exceptional job at giving you tips and tricks to improve your game. If there is one class to take this year, this one is it!

fnbish
04-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I agree with markG. We took their class in March (along with Swamp Boys) and it was well worth it. Our scores are significantly higher.

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-29-2013, 05:51 PM
This weekend, the 3-Eyz traveling war wagon will be at the Naptown Bar Bay Que, Annapolis, MD. Stop by and say hello.

FINALLY!!! Some home cookin!!!!!

Timmy Mac
04-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Headed to naptown friday morning. This will be my second comp. ever and the nerves are setting in already!! Oh yeah is it june 8th yet!!!!

markG
04-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Doing Naptown this week myself. Had to miss Pork in the Park because of family illness, so Naptown is my official season opener! See y'all there!

Dan - 3eyzbbq
04-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Headed to naptown friday morning. This will be my second comp. ever and the nerves are setting in already!! Oh yeah is it june 8th yet!!!!

If you have questions this weekend, just come ask. We'll help you out.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-07-2013, 07:49 AM
The sponsors are coming through with the goodie bag stuff. I have some premium wood from smokinlicious, award winning rubs from Big Poppa Smokers, BBQ & Beyond sauce (Check out Annapolis results) and of course 3 Eyz and BBQ Guru stuff. More on the way too!

Oh, and another RGC this weekend to boot! :second:

Gee, almost forgot. A Grizzly Cooler will also be GIVEN AWAY to a lucky student!

Jacked UP BBQ
05-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Any openings?

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Any openings?

For you, its $2,795/day.

Seriously, yes, would love to have you.

Timmy Mac
05-07-2013, 06:24 PM
The sponsors are coming through with the goodie bag stuff. I have some premium wood from smokinlicious, award winning rubs from Big Poppa Smokers, BBQ & Beyond sauce (Check out Annapolis results) and of course 3 Eyz and BBQ Guru stuff. More on the way too!

Oh, and another RGC this weekend to boot! :second:

Gee, almost forgot. A Grizzly Cooler will also be GIVEN AWAY to a lucky student!

Wow that's great!!! Those are nice arse coolers. Can't wait to take this class! See ya in a month.

Pole D
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Dang I wish I could take this class again but I'll be in a judge certification class on the 8th. I took the FL class and loved it.

Hope you don't mind me asking a question here but what electric knife do you guys use for cutting/slicing your ribs and brisket?

Big Ugly's BBQ
05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Awwww, c'mon now, they have enough judges.........besides, cookin is so much more fun!!!!!

We have several electric knives (remember redundancy....its the consultant in Dan), including Black & Decker, and Hamilton. As long as it cuts clean, anyone will work.......

We dont use an electric knife on ribs..........

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-08-2013, 11:23 AM
We dont use an electric knife on ribs..........

That is always the hope at least, lol

Timmy Mac
05-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Any brethren getting there Friday night? Maybe meet up for a beer?

Dan - 3eyzbbq
05-31-2013, 08:44 AM
By request, we have also added whole hog. Going to be a great time!

Kave Dweller
05-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Catch me on the I-5 N exit and 175th St. M-F

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/DSC_0683.jpg

I'd hit it!

That picture is awesome Brian.

Timmy Mac
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Whole hog that's great!!! How big and what are you guys cooking it on??

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
It will be cooked on a MC PR-60/75, I dont remember which. If anyone knows Mutha-Chicken, he doesn't go small.........

sdbbq1234
06-04-2013, 06:18 PM
I am in!

Look like it is going to be a nice weekend.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:18974.1.99999

Also at least for me, really looking forward the the whole hog!! Yes!!

As usually, anxiety is setting in! :wink:

wallace

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-05-2013, 08:48 AM
No reason to be nervous...........its gonna be a great time!

sdbbq1234
06-05-2013, 06:46 PM
No reason to be nervous...........its gonna be a great time!

Thanks! And I have no doubt it will be a great time!

Anxiety is just part of me. Heck, I am a nervous wreck the Thursday before a comp. and then we we get to a comp on Friday, well, I am like a chicken with my head cut off. That's until we get situated and I have a few beers.:thumb:

Mike and the Aporkalypse Now team can attest to that. :redface:

At 50 some years old, I still get like a 12 year old before Christmas............

Looking forward to it!

See you guys Friday.

wallace

Rub
06-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Whole hog is a nice addition!

Elfmaze
06-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Dang, I need to pay more attention. This would have been sweet to make it to. I feel like I find all the BBQ events around my after they have happened. Or in this case after i get told i'm working saturday and sunday nights. :(

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Or in this case after i get told i'm working saturday and sunday nights. :(

:puke:Could always call in sick....

sdbbq1234
06-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Whole hog is a nice addition!

I am REALLY looking forward to this. I have cooked whole hog only 2 times before. That was for someone else. Both times, everyone said it was great. To me, it was not great at all. I guess I got lucky.

Love the hog! :rolleyes:

wallace

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Just wanted to tell all of our students, thank you again for a great weekend!! It was great to meet you all, and spend some time doing what we all love to do......cook some que, have a beverage (or more) and tell war stories!

To our sponsors, to whom without them we couldn't do any of this, a special THANK YOU! The SWAG you provided for us and the students was first rate!!!

sdbbq1234
06-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Man! What a fantastic weekend, except for the almost 7 hour drive up there. I was following the storm and the traffic was horrible. Not sure when I can remember a 200 mile traffic jam.... :wacko:

Well worth it and would do it again! While Friday was a wash-out (literally), Saturday and Sunday were great!

Dan, Chris, Dan Mc, Jenn, Jason, Kenny, Bob and BBQ Guru Co., are really great folks! Period!

Dan, Chris and Dan Mc did a outstanding job of going thru every phase of their cooking styles, methods, recipes, timelines, temps, sauces, glazes, turn-in boxes (damn, I made the best one, IMHO :wink:).

I really appreciate the honesty from all them in everything they were doing or did.

I must say that one of the funniest times and I wish I had a voice recorder for it, was when Dan was rubbing the briskets and butts before putting the on the smoker. Trust me, it was funny as hellll!

Dan Mc did a great job on the Prime Rib dinner with all the fixins, and the pig was one heck of a way to snack between breakfast and lunch. Very tasty, just wish I had packed a bag to go. :mmph:

Most importantly, was the products that Dan and Chris cooked! Seriously, some of the best tasting brisket, pork, chicken and ribs I have had!

These folks went all out to make things as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Dan Mc's lesson on prepping, cooking, cutting and presenting a pig was really good. That was a really nice added touch to this event!

Again, thanks to the BBQ Guru folks for their hospitality and great deals on their products!

BIG thanks to the 3-Eyz team, Galvinell Meat Co., and the rest of the sponsors.

wallace

Timmy Mac
06-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Thank you Chris and Dan and the 3eyz crew. Great class a lot of great info!!!! It was nice to meet some brethren great people!!! Probably bug you guys every once in a while, with a question:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Elfmaze
06-11-2013, 04:19 AM
Im keeping my eyes open for the next one. Start saving my pennies now

SlicksBBQ
06-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Totally agree with Tim and Wallace! Great time, great people, great hospitality, etc, etc...When they do the next one, scrape, borrow and do whatever it takes to get yourself there. You won't regret it. Thanks again to Dan, Chris, Dan Mc, the rest of the 3 Eyz Crew, and The BBQ GURU for a great time!

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Thank you Chris and Dan and the 3eyz crew. Great class a lot of great info!!!! It was nice to meet some brethren great people!!! Probably bug you guys every once in a while, with a question:mrgreen::mrgreen:

You are very welcome, I hope we gave you enough to help your processes and product......

No worries, like I told everyone at the class, we are only an email or text away. the best way to hit all of us at the same time is to email at info@3eyzbbq.com and everyone of us will get it.

Tiki Wolf
06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I've already been to certain grocery and warehouse stores. Hit them on my way home! :wink:

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I've already been to certain grocery and warehouse stores. Hit them on my way home! :wink:

Nice!!! That's gonna cost you a couple of beverages in the near future........:becky:

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-11-2013, 03:26 PM
I must say that one of the funniest times and I wish I had a voice recorder for it, was when Dan was rubbing the briskets and butts before putting the on the smoker. Trust me, it was funny as hellll!

wallace

Just remember you really have to slam it in that box.

SlicksBBQ
06-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Just remember you really have to slam it in that box.

May be the best line of the weekend right there.

Big Ugly's BBQ
06-12-2013, 06:30 AM
May be the best line of the weekend right there.

My vote is for "Kung Fu Panda".............

Timmy Mac
06-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Wasn't there a Daniel son, thrown out too.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-12-2013, 11:12 AM
My vote is for "Kung Fu Panda".............

:boxing:

Tiki Wolf
06-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Nice!!! That's gonna cost you a couple of beverages in the near future........:becky:

You guys can have all the Orange Crushes you want on Friday night!