PDA

View Full Version : Monroe City MO at Mark Twain Landing, May 17 & 18 question

Trollin
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Hello all. Been lurking around here for a while but haven't posted much. This being my first full year of competition bbqing, I'm trying to pick contest's close to home. The Monroe City, at Mark Twain Landing is relatively close to home. I just wanted to see what those that have cooked there before thought about it. I noticed the first year for the contest had around 28 entries and only 17 or so last year. With the downward trend, I wondered why some didn't go back. I am in no way affiliated with the contest, just want to be part of a competitive contest my first time out for the year.

Thanks in advance for any information.

jbrink01
03-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Great location, but the organization of it was in flux last year. Hoping they have a better turn-out this year!

Lion Bout The Q
03-14-2013, 04:26 PM
We have cooked it the last 2 years. Great location, large rv spots.. They let the ball drop last year.. They seem to be right on this year and have everything going, even a CBJ class the day before.. We are in for another try.

Trollin
03-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the help. Still don't know whether to do the Monroe City or Lake Ozark contest. Goonna be a coin flip....