PDA

View Full Version : Portland, ME this week

QN
02-26-2013, 10:44 AM
Headed to Portland, Maine tomorrow. Be there till very early Friday morning. Any good grub up that way? Maybe some lobstah?

bbq.tom
02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
If you are looking for decent BBQ then check out "Buck's Naked BBQ" - they have three locations now (i've been to the one in Freeport (right off the interstate), but they now have one at 50 Wharf St downtown Portland). For Lobstah - try the Portland Lobster Company - right on the waterfront. Tiny shack to order from, then take out on the wharf to eat - live music and LOW prices compared to most lobster in Portland!
If you are looking for a NICE dining experience (and don't mind dropping a bunch of change) make reservations at DiMillo's Restaurant. It is a floating steamer on the waterfront that has great food (but you will pay for it!).
McDonald's used to carry a "McLobster" sandwich which was a hotdog bun stuffed with lobster salad, but it was discontinued last time I was up there.

GOOD LUCK and let us know where you found good vittles when you can!

QN
03-02-2013, 07:20 AM
If ever in Portland, ME make sure to find Fisherman's Grill. I had the best clam chowdah ever and a huge delicious fresh lobstah roll. Right now they are located in a small place next to a seafood market on Forest Ave. They are moving to a larger space by the end of March. Definitely worth finding. I found them through Yelp; they had great reviews and I agree.