PDA

View Full Version : Local contest question - what's allowed?

Cloudsmoker
02-18-2013, 10:49 PM
IBCA contest in Irving, TX this weekend - about 15 minutes from the house. Not trying to work things, just curious -- what prep and handling is allowable from home. I know meats can be trimmed prior to contest. But, can they be kept in the house refrigerator? Injections at home?

Thanks much.

JS-TX
02-18-2013, 11:22 PM
You can do all the pre-trimming you want at home, but you have to wait till your BBQ meats are inspected before you can season, brine, inject, marinate etc..

Cloudsmoker
02-19-2013, 12:52 AM
You can do all the pre-trimming you want at home, but you have to wait till your BBQ meats are inspected before you can season, brine, inject, marinate etc..

Gotcha. But how much of the brining, injecting, marinating etc. is allowable that night, after inspection, back at the house? Again, not looking to stretch the rules - just wondering what they are.

MaximumJEFF
02-19-2013, 04:13 AM
I don't think your meat can leave after its been inspected. Pretty sure you have to do all that on site. Otherwise you could have meat waiting at home in brine or marinade or whatever that you could just swap out and bring back

Hawg Father of Seoul
02-19-2013, 06:48 AM
Meat can not leave after inspection.

bruno994
02-19-2013, 09:23 AM
I concur with the above answers. Meat must stay onsite. I think that is pretty much a given in any BBQ organization.