PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 Pitmasters competitors

warfrat
02-13-2013, 09:50 AM
So how many Brethren got in? I've been trying to keep up with FB and some of the teams I've heard are: Rescue Smokers, Swamp Boys, Miss Piggy's, Rolling Grill, Stump's Smokers, Fatback's BBQ, Butcher BBQ, Pit Bulls Up in Smoke...

Shiz-Nit
02-13-2013, 10:07 AM
WOW!!!! That is a great line up of teams indeed!!!! This should be fun to watch, with that bunch anyone could pull out a win.
EVERYONE will have to be on their "A" game with prefect turn ins due to the talent!!!!

Smokin Mike
02-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Shiggin' & Grinnin' is another team that made the cut.

bearnakedbbq
02-13-2013, 11:50 AM
So where are you getting this information from? Guess I wasn't selected since I have heard nothing.:cry:

Sawdustguy
02-13-2013, 11:55 AM
So where are you getting this information from? Guess I wasn't selected since I have heard nothing.:cry:

Maybe they were intimidated with the vision of the Chicago Bears running around in the nude and cooking BBQ.:icon_smile_tongue:

Podge
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I thought it was to be all hush-hush until after it was filmed.

deguerre
02-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Ain't no such thing as hush hush anymore now that we have facebook.:rolleyes:

JD McGee
02-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Sugars BBQ was selected from the PNW...good luck Lynnae!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Rub
02-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I thought it was to be all hush-hush until after it was filmed.

They ok'd announcing it yesterday evening. Can't talk about the when or where or results though.

Sent from deep in the swamp from my htc using tapatalk.

Q-Dat
02-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Don't know who all is in it, but I did find out that they will be filming here in Slidell!

CivilWarBBQ
02-13-2013, 03:34 PM
The real question is who is paying for a fourth season?

Unless advertisers are willing to buy commercials, the show will not air. If you like Pitmasters, I suggest you give positive feedback to the sponsors of season three to encourage their continued support.

It's all well and good for us BBQ insiders to debate the merit of the show, but without someone to write the checks John Markus can't keep the show on the air.

fnbish
02-13-2013, 03:36 PM
I debated whether or not to include my "pants off dance off" footage right up until submission time. I blame our lack of getting picked on the inclusion of that 4min 45sec clip :crazy::icon_blush::becky:.

Curling Q
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Congrats to my friends Shiggin and Grinnin on being selected

carlyle
02-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Echo that for Shiggin and Grinnin ^^^^^^^^^^^^

RangerJ
02-13-2013, 04:37 PM
The real question is who is paying for a fourth season?

Unless advertisers are willing to buy commercials, the show will not air. If you like Pitmasters, I suggest you give positive feedback to the sponsors of season three to encourage their continued support.

It's all well and good for us BBQ insiders to debate the merit of the show, but without someone to write the checks John Markus can't keep the show on the air.

so, what makes you think that they went out and recruited teams without ads? I would have to believe that Mr. Markus had this lined up prior.

Slamdunkpro
02-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Congrats to everyone selected.

gmag
02-13-2013, 05:32 PM
I'm just happy we get to see another season!

Meat Man
02-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Looks to me like they have some real good teams lined up for season four. Congrats to all the Bretheren who made the cut, and good cooking!:clap:

SchatzSea
02-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Congrats all, looking forward to watching!

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

dmprantz
02-13-2013, 07:58 PM
My understanding of broadcast television is that production companies produce shows and sell them to networks or channels. It's the responsibility of those networks and channels to sell advertising space to make a profit on their investment.

dmp

Muzzlebrake
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
My understanding of broadcast television is that production companies produce shows and sell them to networks or channels. It's the responsibility of those networks and channels to sell advertising space to make a profit on their investment.

dmp

I also understand that depending on the channel, a production company may purchase air time and sell their own advertising.

dmprantz
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I also understand that depending on the channel, a production company may purchase air time and sell their own advertising.

I've not heard of that model outside of infomercials, but I don't argue that it exists.

dmp