We are not doing t-shirts this year so just looking
For some little things that they can use

Muzzlebrake
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
whiskey and/or beer are always some of my faves

columbia1
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
GOOD, quality snack foods!!
something the cooks can munch on during the comp. Favorites so far have been brownies, nothing like a good sugar high right before turn-ins begin!!

tdwalker
02-12-2013, 01:50 PM
From a judge's perspective, I've always liked product demo's, i.e., bbq sauce, hot sauce, etc.

From a cook's perspective, breakfast!

Some folks really like to collect pins when they are available, but I have never seen it in a give away.

brownkw
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I can only speak from a judge's perspective, but I always liked t-shirts, pins, and samplers of sauces/rubs.

SaucyWench
02-12-2013, 07:27 PM
In 11 years of judging, we've gotten all kinds of things in goodie bags! Besides T's, the things we use most are soft-sided 6-pack coolers (for beverages, not leftovers), and some imprinted hand towels that have become our constant judging companions. The soft coozies are always good - even if we have hundreds, it's surprising how often we forget to bring one along! Samples of rubs and sauces are great too, and I'm a huge fan of pins (I'm about ready for a Boy Scout sash to wear them all on now!), but please, no more key rings!

CivilWarBBQ
02-13-2013, 03:40 PM
As a cook, I can honestly say one of the things I appreciate most in a goodie bag is a simple ziploc bag with a few homemade cookies. We never remember to bring any such treats and everybody loves a good tollhouse or oatmeal raisin. :)

bbq.tom
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Personally, a t-shirt is always nice, but I have way too many of them as it is.
Forget the cozies, key-chains, pens, pencils, writing pads, coupons to local establishments that we will never visit (unless it is for Dairy Queen), stickers, magnets, and everything else that has nothing to do with barbecue.
I do like sample rubs and sauces, and snacks are always welcome. A carbonated beverage (NON-adult) would always be welcomed for the ride home.
Pins representing the event are welcome, but again, I have way too many of these as it is.

A few events have gotten creative and give the judges a folding chair, cooler, BBQ utensils in a case, umbrella, a 12-pack of Pepsi products, a WHOLE cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, and other "different" items. Makes the desire to return to these events even greater than normal.

Just saying...