PDA

View Full Version : First Competition

SV_smoker
02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I attend my first competition this past weekend in Young Harrris, GA. I didnt not compete but however I have able to also attend the KCBS CBJ class. I would like to thanks the instructor Bunny for all her knowledge. Overall the whole experience was great I meet several teams and saw a few TV stars like Bub-Ba-Q and Holy Smokes. I would like to thank Smoke on This and Warren County Pork Choppers for the all the information and tips.

However after the competition was over I was left with a few more questions.

I notice that a lot of team have cook trailers(forward enclosed trailer with kitchen,living quarter and back patio with pits). Are these purchase or modified? Either way where can you get a price on one?
How much of each meat do most teams bring?
Is the set up at Young Harris where the team are spread out kind of far the norm?

Hope to meet more on the circuit soon.

HookedonSmoke
02-11-2013, 12:24 PM
We cook 2 butts, 6 racks of ribs, 1-2 briskets (usually just 1) and 16-20 thighs

dosvans
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I notice that a lot of team have cook trailers(forward enclosed trailer with kitchen,living quarter and back patio with pits). Are these purchase or modified? Probably a combination of both Either way where can you get a price on one? Find a trailer place that will build one. Start with Extreme BBQ Trailers or the Pitmaster (can't remember his name) from QUE'N STEW'N & BREW'N BBQ team (he is from GA). They are probably the best BBQ trailers in this area that I've seen.
How much of each meat do most teams bring? We bring 18 pieces chicken, 4 slabs ribs, 4 pork butts, and 1 brisket.
Is the set up at Young Harris where the team are spread out kind of far the norm? That is not the norm. Most comps have teams packed in together.