PDA

View Full Version : Brethren Identification

dmprantz
01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
In this post (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2336632&postcount=6) Carlyle mentioned something about a pin, and I thought that was a really good idea. I can see two things: One would be a lapel/hat pin with the "Fear the Pig" logo on it. The other would be a badge very similar to the KCBS badges. In the corner it would have the "Fear The Pig" logo, and then it would have two lines of text. The top would be the Brethren username, and the bottom would be the person's real name. Any one else think this would be a good idea?

dmp

Teamfour
01-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Great idea!

MuleTuf
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Absolutely!

dmprantz
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Some one mentioned that he had gotten lapel pins for competitions in the past, so if he wants to, I'm sure he can provide some input. I think some comps have them for judges, so maybe an organizer with experience there can chime in as well. One or two Brethren may even do this professionally. Still, it looks like 300 1" lapel pins can be gotten relatively affordably.

http://www.lapelpinsuperstore.com/lapelpins/cloisonne.htm

Engraved name badges are relatively affordable too, especially if you batch up.

https://www.bestnamebadges.com/engraved-name-badges.php

Obviously, I don't own the Brethren nor the Pig logos, so some one else would have to pull the trigger on it. Just some thoughts, and this is just the first thing that came up in Google to see how much it would cost.

EDIT: Another option is to go with laminates on lanyards, maybe "brethrenizing" the lanyards. I've seen some large MIM teams take this approach. It would probably be cheaper than engraved name plates, but personally, I like the name badges more. Just throwing out ideas.

dmp

Uncle Buds BBQ
01-21-2013, 04:42 PM
In this post (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2336632&postcount=6) Carlyle mentioned something about a pin, and I thought that was a really good idea. I can see two things: One would be a lapel/hat pin with the "Fear the Pig" logo on it. The other would be a badge very similar to the KCBS badges. In the corner it would have the "Fear The Pig" logo, and then it would have two lines of text. The top would be the Brethren username, and the bottom would be the person's real name. Any one else think this would be a good idea?

dmp

I propose tattoos! That would show "real" commitment to the Brethren!

Stoke&Smoke
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM

I'd consider that:D

Red Valley BBQ
01-21-2013, 05:12 PM

I'm all for that...but I'd hate to have to cut off a limb due to copyright infringement. :becky:

fnbish
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM

But I don't want to cover up my tramp stamp :icon_blush:.

carlyle
01-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Since I did mention it, I really think that is a good idea.

Would be proud to wear it, if reasonably tasteful.

Alas, I would not do a tat. I am getting old- where ever I put a tat is either shrinking or wrinkling.

Stoke&Smoke
01-21-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm all for that...but I'd hate to have to cut off a limb due to copyright infringement. :becky:

Well it'd have to be ok'd by the poobah!

Dunno, haven't gotten any new ones since 1977.....guess I'm good!

sdbbq1234
01-21-2013, 05:50 PM
I'd be up for the idea (not the tatto idea).

wallace

wingpirate
01-22-2013, 10:42 AM
I'd buy a pin/badge if one were available for purchase. :-D

Teamfour
01-22-2013, 11:09 AM

Funny story: I have the Shelby Cobra logo on my arm. I showed it to Carroll Shelby at a car show, and he said I owed him $100 in royalties. He was dead serious.

dmprantz
01-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Since we're sharing "funny" tattoo stories, here's mine, but it's more lore. I know there are a few software guys in here who might appreciate it. Charles Petzold is kindof a famous Windows programmer who really knows the ins and outs and writes books. He had the Windows logo tattooed on his arm, and when asked why once, his response was something similar to "It's to symbolize the pain that we all feel when trying to write Windows software."

dmp

John Bowen
01-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I was curious – is there a fabric banner or flag with the Brethren Logo on it? I would fly one in our camp.

Slamdunkpro
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I was curious is there a fabric banner or flag with the Brethren Logo on it? I would fly one in our camp.
No fabric Banners or flags at this time, only vinyl.

John Bowen
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Are they in the store? Is it labeled "poster"?

Mustanger
01-22-2013, 02:41 PM

dmp

Those are 2 absolutely outstanding ideas.

I for one would definitely order a pin and a badge.

I am sure that a few hundred members of this forum would also buy pins and badges.

Question: Does anyone have plans for commissioning some new BBQ Brethren ball caps? I would sure like to buy a couple of those, as well.

pahutchens
01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Question: Does anyone have plans for commissioning some new BBQ Brethren ball caps? I would sure like to buy a couple of those, as well.

Me too

Slamdunkpro
01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Are they in the store? Is it labeled "poster"?

Brethren Banner order link (http://mabbqa.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=32&zenid=ncoa83i3a719ilea3ojpst5c00)

Slamdunkpro
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Those are 2 absolutely outstanding ideas.

I for one would definitely order a pin and a badge.

I am sure that a few hundred members of this forum would also buy pins and badges.

The logo has a LOT of stitches. If we embroider ball caps we're looking at around $25 per. Still interested?

ITBFQ
01-22-2013, 04:39 PM
I like the pin and/or badge idea. I just bought a Brethren T-Shirt, but would have sprung for a baseball hat. I'm going to the Brethren Bash here in the suburbs of the Windy City this Saturday, and the pin/patch would be cool to have there - easier to put a face to a a name. Guess I'll have to go the old fashioned route and shake hands and actually talk to people! Gasp!

NRA4Life
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Pin and/or badge sounds great :thumb:

Westexbbq
01-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Bandit already has the BBQ Brethren tattoo, only one I know of.
There is a pic somewhere, I'll try to find it.

Found it.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=637665&postcount=19

Ron_L
01-23-2013, 11:58 AM
The logo has a LOT of stitches. If we embroider ball caps we're looking at around $25 per. Still interested?

Yes! My original is so old that it is light brown instead of black!

I'd be interested in pins, too!

carlyle
01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Badge, pin, or cap all sound great to me.

Would do a cap plus a pin or badge.
Or how about a generic Brethren lanyard that we could each put in our own avatar, screen name, team name, what ever? Or is that a target for identity theft?

NeoTrout
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Flags and caps have been brought up before. The hats that were done originally (before my time) were really cool looking. I would buy a hat, a flag and a pin. I think the Poobah has control over these type of things. Hopefully someday.

boogiesnap
01-23-2013, 04:27 PM

yuuup!

NickyG
01-23-2013, 04:52 PM
I would pay 25 for a hat. It would be totally worth it. I would get a lot more wear out of it than with the shirt. Plus I could have my team name or username stitched on the side or back.

MaximumJEFF
01-24-2013, 02:02 AM
Secret handshake?

frognot
01-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Secret handshake?

It's called a "reacharound" . . .