PDA

View Full Version : Firehouse Sub-featured brisket-tried it

markdtn
01-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Firehouse Sub featured brisket sub this month? I had never been to a Firehouse Sub before so that was my first experience there. They have been promoting heavily on the radio here this month. The ad said like it or your money back. I have to say that I went in thinking I would not like it at all. After trying it, it is not as good as anything I/we can make, but it was not bad enough to send back. Not sure I will hurry back for another, but I could eat it again. Anybody else try it? Thoughts?

pike51
01-16-2013, 06:53 AM
For a "fast food" sandwich place, it's pretty good. I prefer the Hook and Ladder though.

The new King's Hawaiian Pork and Slaw is good too. I really like the Hawaiian slaw they put on it!

John Bowen
01-16-2013, 07:15 AM
Since there is not a Firehouse where I live we normally eat there when we visit Memphis. There food is not bad considering what it is – a sandwich shop.
I normally stay away from brisket in places like that since I can’t understand how they keep it from drying out. I mean basically it seems that they have to keep it steaming in some form of juice concoction which would over power any meat flavor and texture.
I have to say that the Hawaiian Pork Sandwich is my go to.

Garrett
01-16-2013, 07:23 AM
I've wondering about the their brisket sandwhich too. Every commercial break on radio here they play it. They fire house subs closed down in my town so I would have to drive 30 mins to another one. I've wondering cause the commercial says " the brisket is cooked in the best pit in Texas". I would like to know how that is done, providing that much "pit cooked" brisket to chain all over the country and it still be somewhat good?

Neonnblack
01-24-2013, 08:26 PM
Interesting, because they claim their meats are steamed.