PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Depot

chzhed
01-15-2013, 07:35 AM
I heard the other day that I can use my KCBS membership card to get into Restaurant Depot stores. Is this the case? Just want to know as the closest one is a couple hours away, and don't want to make the drive for nothing. Thanks.

MuleTuf
01-15-2013, 07:37 AM
Yes you can, but i believe its only one time. Ask them and let us know.

timzcardz
01-15-2013, 07:39 AM
True, but before travelling a couple of hours I would call and confirm with someone at the individual store first. Get the code from the members section of the KCBS site.

Stoke&Smoke
01-15-2013, 09:29 AM
As I recall, there isn't a code. You just present your kcbs ID to the person at the service desk. To be super safe, print the coupon from the discounts section on the kcbs website. Each time you go they'll give you a day pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

luke duke
01-15-2013, 09:33 AM
I heard the other day that I can use my KCBS membership card to get into Restaurant Depot stores. Is this the case? Just want to know as the closest one is a couple hours away, and don't want to make the drive for nothing. Thanks.

Seems like a 4-5 hour round trip would more than negate any savings.

Patrickkva
01-15-2013, 09:41 AM

If you've never been to a place like RD, then it might be worth the $ in gas and time to take a look. It's pretty insane. The scale of the place is beyond any store like BJ's or Sam's given that it's just food, food supplies and equipment.
At the very least you'd check it off your bucket list and have an idea about what everyone else is talking about. Oh, and bring a really big cooler :becky:

Dirtbuddy
01-15-2013, 09:45 AM
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147424&highlight=Restaurant+Depot

dmprantz
01-15-2013, 10:02 AM
Don't just get the code, print off the coupon. Call too. If you have a KCBS membership card, take it. All of this varies by location, but some people can just say "Hey, I'm with KCBS" and get a pass, others have to have the printed out voucher every time they go, and sometimes they want the KCBS card. My understanding is that it's a corporate account with every member an unnamed, automatic user, but they can't print a permanent card without adding your name to the system...so they just give you a day pass every time. I'd also recommend paying with cash. There have been multiple PCI breaches there.

dmp

gtr
01-15-2013, 10:02 AM
You may need to pay cash when you're on a day pass, and it's a good idea to anyway as their system has been hacked twice and credit card #'s have been stolen and used - mine included as well as many other Brethren.

Printing out the instruction page from the KCBS site is a good idea. Even if there is some kind of problem, they'll probably let you in anyway, seeing has how you want to go into their store and spend money.

I hit a snag a couple times going in because they couldn't figure out the KCBS day pass thing, and I had to resort to my good looks and charm. But they let me in anyway.

Will work for bbq
01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
I've hit a couple of snags myself, being in California they aren't' all to familiar with the KCBS day pass program. That is why it is important to bring in the KCBS voucher or at least the number printed on the voucher. Once they key in that number a whole list of instructions pops up.

Jacked UP BBQ
01-15-2013, 10:38 AM
dont use credit cards at restaurant depot, I have had my info stolen there three times so far in the last year.....cash only

Stoke&Smoke
01-15-2013, 11:42 AM

Isn't always about the savings. I can always find decent packers at RD. But Sams and Costco by me rarely, if ever have them. And they have a tremendous variety I can't find anywhere else.

CBQ
01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Isn't always about the savings. I can always find decent packers at RD. But Sams and Costco by me rarely, if ever have them. And they have a tremendous variety I can't find anywhere else.

Yea, here in the northeast you either have to use a food distributor to order a packer cut brisket, or go to RD. Supermarkets and butchers rarely have them.

HONCHO GREGORY
01-21-2013, 09:49 PM
I got 10 letters from them about them being hacked and got my card # also.
not a fan about them right now

Southern Home Boy
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Last I heard, KCBS had dropped the RD membership and last time I went in to get meat for a comp, I was told the KCBS coupon was no longer good.

I would definitely call before you go, just to make sure.

MaximumJEFF
01-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Last I heard, KCBS had dropped the RD membership and last time I went in to get meat for a comp, I was told the KCBS coupon was no longer good.

I would definitely call before you go, just to make sure.

They're still listed on the KCBS discounts page
http://www.kcbs.us/discount_program.php

Stoke&Smoke
01-22-2013, 05:55 PM
The agreement was renewed. Was just there yesterday

dmax35
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
dont use credit cards at restaurant depot, I have had my info stolen there three times so far in the last year.....cash only

No kidding, makes you wonder if its an inside job. They got $1500.00 from me. Good thing my bank covered it.

Theresa B
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
I presented my KCBS card 2 weeks ago (my third trip) had no problems at all. And as noted above - the place is insane cool!

Slamdunkpro
01-22-2013, 07:37 PM
No kidding, makes you wonder if its an inside job.
They said it was a SW hack in the phone system last year. I'd bet it was this year too.