PDA

View Full Version : Brisket Points In Kansas City

djqualls
01-13-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm coming to the KCBS banquet and I would like to buy some Raw Brisket Points while up there.

Does anyone know where I could pick up a cooler full of them on a Saturday? Grocery store that carries them etc. I could call ahead and make an order to.

We can't get them here in Central Oklahoma.

Thanks!

Cayman1
01-13-2013, 10:49 AM
Try Berkemeyer Meats. Not sure if that is correct spelling. Also a RD in KC, but not sure if they have them. Been looking myself, no success.

chriscw81
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
If you do find them I'd be interested to know how much they were per pound. I'd suspect it would cost almost as much as buying a full packet.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bigabyte
01-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I've never seen any for sale except for corned beef points. However, Bichelmeyer's which was suggested above would cut some for you, just call ahead.

wmaes47
01-13-2013, 05:12 PM
The only points I have seen were at Sam's Club and they were cooked and expensive...

djqualls
01-13-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks Everyone!

I would bet that Kansas City sells enough Burnt Ends that some one sells just points. maybe a wholesaler or something. I'll keep looking and will call Biechelmeyer Tuesday.

drbbq
01-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Scavuzzo would probably have them but it's a wholesale company and may not be open on Saturday. They used to sell to walk ins but it might be cash only. http://scavuzzos.com/

colonel00
01-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks Everyone!

I would bet that Kansas City sells enough Burnt Ends that some one sells just points. maybe a wholesaler or something. I'll keep looking and will call Biechelmeyer Tuesday.

I am sure Bichelmeyer's or McGonigle's or any butcher will have them or get them for you. Again though, you will probably end up paying a pretty penny at those shops for the processing and name.

How many points are you looking for?

djqualls
01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
I am sure Bichelmeyer's or McGonigle's or any butcher will have them or get them for you. Again though, you will probably end up paying a pretty penny at those shops for the processing and name.

How many points are you looking for?

I'd take a case of them if they come that way or 50 lbs. just whatever I can get. We like ends here and the friends like them as well.

Hawg Father of Seoul
01-14-2013, 02:30 PM
They are out there. I used to use short rib, point, and a couple other cuts for my burgers at the restaurant.

djqualls
01-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Biechelmeyer's Hooked me up! Thanks Everyone.

colonel00
01-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Biechelmeyer's Hooked me up! Thanks Everyone.

what was the cost?