PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles - I Think I Just Ate The Best Burger I Ever Had

gtr
01-09-2013, 10:33 PM
There used to be a place in L.A. called "Mo Betta Meatty Meat Burgers" that was legendary and burned down in the 90's. People here talked about it for years after it closed. By chance I walked into their new location a couple months ago not knowing this place had reopened (they didn't have a sign up yet) and had a fantastic meal.

They make their burgers out of chuck and short rib and they are custom made - I'm still not positive what all they put on mine, I just tell 'em to do what they do. The old location was renowned for taking a long time, but now the food seems be ready more quickly - but this still isn't a place to go if you're in a hurry. I stopped by there on the way home from work tonight and had a burger that pretty much blew my head clean off. A beautifully kinda sloppy hand pattied burger with who knows what in and on it. I didn't want it to end. Fark it was good. The seasoning, the textures - this was made by someone who loves what they're doing. The people who work there are super nice, warm, and welcoming, and there's a great Soul Food vibe about the place. If anybody ever gets a chance to go, just farking go - don't even think about it - just do it.

They're at 901 S. La Brea, just north of Olympic Blvd and now they're called "Mo Better Burgers".

PatAttack
01-10-2013, 07:57 AM
Feel free to overnight me one in a hot bag any time you please, G!!:becky:

Just BS
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
I see a roadtrip in my future!

Gore
01-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I see a roadtrip in my future!

It's going to be a long roadtrip for me. Wonder if I have any conferences in LA coming up. :roll:

gtr
01-10-2013, 01:20 PM
If any of y'all come this way, holler & I'll meet you there! :hungry:

fingerlickin'
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
I think you should go back today and get us a picture so we can drool properly. :grin:

bigabyte
01-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Yeah, this thread needs pics. I hope you don't mind going back again just to satisfy our picture cravings.

landarc
01-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes, without pictures, I question the value of this thread, and in fact, the values of someone who would taunt us with descriptos, and not provide photos of the said food item.

gtr
01-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Any reason to go back. I gotta lose a few of these holiday pounds first though.  And not order fries next time. :tsk:

landarc
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I assume then that since you won't go back there for us, that you will also be skipping meals at the Kogi truck as well?

gtr
01-10-2013, 01:59 PM
You know what happens when we ass-u-me, yes?

landarc
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
I erased my comment here and replace it with this non-moderateable comment

I assure you though, the original comment was suitably crude and hilarious

gtr
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Did you take a picture of it?

bigabyte
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
No pics AND no crude comments?

Have the Brethren lost their integrity?

gtr
01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Maybe we should have a discussion about that.

landarc
01-10-2013, 09:38 PM
What?

lcbateman3
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Hmmmm another place to try out...when I get out here. Wait, I'll be back Tuesday.

gtr
01-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Hmmmm another place to try out...when I get out here. Wait, I'll be back Tuesday.

Alrighty then. Let's go!

martyleach
01-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Wow, how did you ever find that location? Not exactly something you would just fall into... I used to live down there.

bigabyte
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Wow, how did you ever find that location? Not exactly something you would just fall into... I used to live down there.
Are you kidding? Have you seen the folks he hangs out with?:loco:

Oh wait...

You're one of them.:wacko:

SORRY!!!:icon_blush:

gtr
01-11-2013, 10:38 AM

I drive past it every day on the way home from work. I worked late night a while back and needed to get something to eat on the way home. Lines were too long at In-n-Out and Chik fil A and there was this place called "OBO Burgers" that I was always curious about, so I figured I'd pull in there and check it out. I walked in and the woman told me she had just taken over that location the week before and was from Mo Better Meaty Meat Burgers.

I think I actually looked like this --->:shocked: when she said that. Then I looked like this --->:hungry:. By the time I left I looked like this --->:clap2:.

deguerre
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Any reason to go back. I gotta lose a few of these holiday pounds first though. And not order fries next time. :tsk:

I just unfriended you...:tsk: