PDA

View Full Version : Grill Kings Event?

Sawdustguy
12-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know when Grill Kings is going to change their web site and officially announce their contest at Belmont Racetrack in July? Just curious, nothing more.

drbbq
12-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah, when are they gonna put my picture up too!
Anybody know the date at least?

Sawdustguy
12-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Ray,

It's supposed to be the 15th and 16th of July. You may be just too handsome for the web page. :wink::biggrin:

Guy

BBQchef33
12-24-2005, 11:52 PM
i heard 15 and 16 too.... and doc... i can get on Deans case to get your mug shot up there..

drbbq
12-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Yeah, come to think of it they may be holding back my picture on purpose.
I hope those dates are right, because it fits perfectly for me. I've been trying to get to the Harpoon cookoff in Vermont for years and it's the next weekend.

LostNation
12-25-2005, 04:36 AM
Yeah, come to think of it they may be holding back my picture on purpose.
I hope those dates are right, because it fits perfectly for me. I've been trying to get to the Harpoon cookoff in Vermont for years and it's the next weekend.

Ray if you want to do a North East triple I think Guitarbecue in Asbury Park NJ is the weekend before. If you need a place to stay in Vermont let me know, I have lots of room.

Rich Decker

drbbq
12-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks Rich. I won't be able to Make Guitarbecue but I may take you up on the place to stay while in Vermont.

rbsnwngs
12-25-2005, 11:40 AM
your more than welcome to stay here in islip for the grill kings when it happens

drbbq
12-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks RBSNWINGS. We'll see how my schedule shapes up.

BobberQer
12-26-2005, 05:48 AM
If any of the out-of -towners need a place to stay/park their smokers/ store equipment, before, during and after the competition, my house is open to any Brethren members...

Sledneck
12-26-2005, 06:58 AM
So far I have missed every event they have had. Doesnt matter the date I always end up out of town. I gotta make it this year

BBQchef33
12-26-2005, 11:32 AM
Damn, Im gonna tell Dean too save us an entire ROW!!!

BobberQer
12-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Phil writes >>>Damn, Im gonna tell Dean too save us an entire ROW!!!<<<

Batten down the hatches.. man the Ramparts, The Brethren will be in the house lol:eek:

Phill when ya get a free moment today or tomorrow, please call me..tanx

Solidkick
12-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Damn, Im gonna tell Dean too save us an entire ROW!!!

You guys are starting to sound like and show up at a contest like the KanFos & MoFos.......:cool:

MilitantSquatter
12-26-2005, 03:13 PM
The Grill Kings date is already marked off on my calendar... I'd like to get into the prime Real Estate of Brethren Row too !!. Just waiting for an application to be available at this point.

I didn't know that Guitarbeque will be the week before Grill Kings. I don't think we'll be able to/want to handle back to back weekends of competition in our first year. I was potentially planning Guitarbeque or the Hudson Valley Ribfest as the second event we would do for yr 1. I know a few of you did not have good feedback from the Hudson Valley Ribfest - For those who did it, would you do it again ? Any preliminary dates on this on this one ?

I was thinking of just going to the Harpoon event to visit and maybe judge if possible. I guess New Holland in late August is a possibility as well as Arlie's Mohegan Sun event if that gets confirmed but judging that one would be fun too.

Are there any others that the I'm missing that the NY area guys are planning on ?

I'll still be happy just to get in Grill Kings for Yr. 1....

rbsnwngs
12-26-2005, 03:48 PM
go to NEBS web site there are a few events earlier in the year up it that area

MilitantSquatter
12-26-2005, 04:35 PM
Thanks Will.. I saw those recently. Ideally we wanted to do the local one, Grill Kings, first. I'd rather work out many of the initial kinks closer to home.

I don't know the specifics but New Hampshire & Maine seems like it could be a pretty far drive depending where within the state. Rhode Island is probably not that far.

Sawdustguy
12-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Yup, this year it sucks because you have Guitarbecue, Grill Kings then Harpoon all in a row. I have heard it said by more than one that Harpoon is the best of the bunch. Vinny, we are going to try to go to Bristol, PA for a contest in late May. Bristol is only about 102 miles from Merrick or abour 2 hours away. Only caveat is that it is a Friday to Saturday cook. The entry is only $150 with $35 for electricity.