PDA

View Full Version : MOMO BBQ Harrisburg,Pa

MazmanQ
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Wife and I road tripped to Momo BBQ last evening. I had found this place on the net and was intrigued so we gave it a shot. Downtown location is a liitle different but once inside, all is good. Very interesting menu (be sure to ask about the daily specials) with all the BBQ standards and some surprises. I tried the "Delta Surf and Turf" which was a half rack of St.Louis ribs and a fried catfish fillet. 2 sides of sweet creamed corn and mac and cheese. All excellent. Wife did the half smoked chicken with Alabama white sauce and 2 sides of bbq beans and sweet potato tater tots. Her first try at white sauce and was blown away. Had true southern sweet tea which is rare in this part of the country. Great sauces on the side. Would recommend this place highly. We will return for further research.:clap:

Maz

neuyawk
11-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks for posting this! Any idea what kind of pit they use i.e. they gassing their meat or all wood?

Gore
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks! I drive through Harrisburg every Thanksgiving. If it's on the meal schedule, will give this a shot.

MazmanQ
11-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Really not sure of their pit. Didn't ask, but their claim to fame includes many awards from Memphis in May and the KC Royal so I would be suprised if it was a gasser.
They have live Blues on friday nights and don't stay open late. Monster beer selection for those that like that and enough desserts to keep a wife happy. We went before going to Hershey for a hockey game and was fat and happy all night.

neuyawk
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
but their claim to fame includes many awards from Memphis in May and the KC Royal so I would be suprised if it was a gasser.

Sadly there are plenty of contest winners end up using gassers. I was at Tuffy Stone's place recently and he had 2 gassers there. Nice shiny ones...