PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. OBR Operation NY/NJ

Muzzlebrake
10-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Operation BBQ Relief will be up and running possibly as early as tonight in Forked River NJ and by weeks end in lower Manhattan. Anyone interested in volunteering or donating either cash or supplies please sign up on the OBR website (http://operationbbqrelief.org/contact/registration) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/OperationBBQRelief)

Lakeside Smoker
11-01-2012, 05:56 AM
We'll be rolling into NJ by late afternoon today.

ique
11-01-2012, 07:50 AM
I'm available in either spot Friday AM. Wanted to wait until some folks were on the ground as to which spot needs hands and what equipment is needed.

Anyone involved and is onsite please text me 774 696 7598

BasicPatrick
11-01-2012, 08:45 AM
I contacted OBR yesterday afternoon to offer cookers, motorhome and or just manual labor. Received a return email that Patrick Banks would be in touch. Impatiently standing by.

Market Hunter
11-01-2012, 08:54 AM
If we were not in Vegas, we would gladly lend a helping hand as well. We have been in this post storm situation ourselves far too often.

So, since we could not be there, we donated and have asked all of our followers on our media outlets to give up one night out eating and, instead, give $25 to OBR.

$25 can buy a lot of product for meals for those affected by this storm.

Kudos to OBR and to those who are lending a helping hand.

Jerry

BMinahan
11-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Let me know how you make out with OBR. I'd be willing to lend a hand as well and everyone knows we got tons of equipment.

Slamdunkpro
11-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm available starting Friday AM.

Jeff Hughes
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Guys

We will be in touch soon. Patrick Banks is coordinating volunteers.

This is going to be our largest operation to date. We are going to need a lot of help.

We will be depending on the Brethren in a big way. Thanks in advance for whatever you can do.

Jeff Hughes
OBR Western States Operations Chair

sdbbq1234
11-01-2012, 11:08 AM
We cannot be there in person; wish we could. God Bless you all for doing this!!

Just made a donation.

You all and the folks affected by this storm are in our prayers.

wallace

eggzlot
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Let me know if I can be of help with either cash or hands. I signed up on the website.

The_Kapn
11-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Can't be there, but donation sent.

Will try to send more once we get the Nov bills figured out :redface:

Great thing y'all are doing. :clap2:

TIM

Fat Woody
11-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Donation sent, stay safe out there!

markG
11-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Signed up at the OBR site. I have a couple a days of availability next week. Let me know how I can help!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/C:\Documents and Settings\MGibbs\My Documents\Downloads\flag.jpg

Slamdunkpro
11-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Anyone with boots on the ground in NJ have any info on the gas situation? Radio reports shortages as far south as Delaware.

eggzlot
11-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I have been hearing the same about shortages throughout the entire state. I also believe that regular gas shipments come in Mondays to most gas stations in Northern NJ. I heard that from several personal sources. Hoping that is true.

Just Pulin' Pork
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Folks here is an update from OBR! Thank you for you interest in helping!

UPDATE FOR VOLUNTEERS: Folks, we are in the process of securing two locations, one in the area of Forked River, New Jersey and the other in lower Manhattan, New York. We are close on a few but the issue is several will not let us set up unless there is sewer and potable water. Again, the location at Meat BBQ Co. in Forked River is NOT where we are cooking. It was a staging area only and a location where we can have supplies shipped so that we can pick them up. Please do not call or otherwise interfere with Matt and his business there! Additionally, we are putting together a schedule so that we can have the best coverage of volunteers over the longest period of time. We are basing it off of estimated OBR needs and the timeframes you as volunteers have stated that you are available. Please hang on for just a bit longer until we can update you.

MikeR
11-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Will try to help out on Saturday in lower Manhattan if you guys are set up by then. Not sure how Sunday will be with the marathon and minimal public transportation.

snarky
11-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Grill scouts are willing to help but I have no idea if I'll be able to get into NYC. If anyone is driving in and wants to pick up a couple of volunteers and/or equiptment let me know! We don't have power and Internet access is sketchy so I'll keep checking back here.

Theresa B
11-01-2012, 09:17 PM
We can't be bootson the ground but donation sent. God Bless all of the volunteers and those that are able to donate. There but for God go I.

mgp03051
11-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Waiting for the call.. ready to roll here...

Muzzlebrake
11-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Just go off the phone with some of the Forked River team, they are on the road with deliveries now, still sorting out logistics. What they need most is some cash donations to sustain the effort, they cure wtu have a couple thousand pounds of meat lined up by will run through that quickly. Haven't headed from team NYC.

Be great to have a team up in Long Island too. We can set up @ Swamp Pit Deli, already spoke to Julie it's OK.

Please go to the OBR website to donate or volunteer. It's easier to consolidate communications from there

Slamdunkpro
11-02-2012, 09:42 AM
What they need most is some cash donations to sustain the effort, they cure wtu have a couple thousand pounds of meat lined up by will run through that quickly. Haven't headed from team NYC.
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association just sent $1000

MikeR
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
Long Island I would definitely be in for. Joined the "Founders Club" last night.

MattCom
11-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Donation made. If an effort gets going on the Island I might be able to help. I'll watch this thread for info.
Stay safe brothers and sisters.

BBQ Bandit
11-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Just got green light from OBR - am packing up and rolling out.

speedrcer1
11-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Safe travels Bandit.
I am also up if we do a Long Island location.
no way to get to Jersey with the traffic/gas situation.

Muzzlebrake
11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
OK so lets get a team up in Wantagh. We need some high capacity cookers and people to man them.

I'm a telco lineman during the day so not sure how much I can help on site. I'm trying to get the logistics worked out on the fly to get this up and running.

I have a Yoder Kingman, 2 640's, FEC.

Sledneck
11-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Do the homework first. Red cross is here in wantagh and surrounding areas. From what im told they dont take food .

Jeff_in_KC
11-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Do the homework first. Red cross is here in wantagh and surrounding areas. From what im told they dont take food .

Sled, in many cases, we are working WITH Red Cross.

Muzzlebrake
11-02-2012, 11:39 AM

Jeff, Stan and higher HQ are running red tape interference. I'm just trying to line up the team and equipment so we can hit he ground running.

Sledneck
11-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Good to hear, were hungry lol

walrus79
11-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Great work everyone is planning here. I made a modest donation and am happy as a member of MABA to hear of their most generous donation. The brethren and OBR rock. Wish I could be there on the ground...possibly late next week if there is still need.

Wampus
11-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Been following this on FB as well.

As I understand it, Rob Marion is in NJ and Cousin Eddie is in lower Manhattan with HOGZILLA.

Jimmy and I are planning on heading out there 11/11-11/15 to do what we can. Any idea on how/who we should contact when we get ready to roll out of IN so we know where to go and how to get in? We can bring smokers, wood, water, whatever, just would like to know what's needed. We'll have a PU truck and a Jambo most likely. We have a CTO that has more capacity, but don't know about power and the Jambo needs nothing but wood.

Muzzlebrake
11-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Been following this on FB as well.

As I understand it, Rob Marion is in NJ and Cousin Eddie is in lower Manhattan with HOGZILLA.

Jimmy and I are planning on heading out there 11/11-11/15 to do what we can. Any idea on how/who we should contact when we get ready to roll out of IN so we know where to go and how to get in? We can bring smokers, wood, water, whatever, just would like to know what's needed. We'll have a PU truck and a Jambo most likely. We have a CTO that has more capacity, but don't know about power and the Jambo needs nothing but wood.

Spoke to Rob this AM, one of our concerns was sustainability so have dont worry about being too late. this is not going to be cleaned up overnight. Haven't heard from anyone in NYC yet.

Things are moving and still very fluid at this point. The NJ team headed out with deliveries this morning. Gas supply should improve as more stations get power restored and docks reopen.

Bring what you can, fit more food on. If close go for one that doesn't need power.

Please volunteer or donate via OBR website or FB page so we can consolidate our efforts!

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Guys+-

Things are gelling . Rob is serving today and our Hobokan location will serve tomorrow . Lynn and Duke are in lower Manhattan. we will keep you guys posted as plans become concrete.

We need donations in a big way. The need is beyond measurable .

Thanks for your help.

JeffHughes
OBR Western Operations Chair

MikeR
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Any help needed in lower Manhattan Saturday or Monday? Can't do much in the way of supplies but I can be an extra pair of hands.

Wampus
11-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Spoke to Rob this AM, one of our concerns was sustainability so have dont worry about being too late. this is not going to be cleaned up overnight. Haven't heard from anyone in NYC yet.

Things are moving and still very fluid at this point. The NJ team headed out with deliveries this morning. Gas supply should improve as more stations get power restored and docks reopen.

Bring what you can, fit more food on. If close go for one that doesn't need power.

Please volunteer or donate via OBR website or FB page so we can consolidate our efforts!

Guys+-

Things are gelling . Rob is serving today and our Hobokan location will serve tomorrow . Lynn and Duke are in lower Manhattan. we will keep you guys posted as plans become concrete.

We need donations in a big way. The need is beyond measurable .

Thanks for your help.

JeffHughes

So can I assume that the best way to communicate with OBR is through FB for right now?

Muzzlebrake
11-02-2012, 02:06 PM
So can I assume that the best way to communicate with OBR is through FB for right now?

Roger that

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 02:25 PM
OK so lets get a team up in Wantagh. We need some high capacity cookers and people to man them.

I'm a telco lineman during the day so not sure how much I can help on site. I'm trying to get the logistics worked out on the fly to get this up and running.

I have a Yoder Kingman, 2 640's, FEC.

We need major meat donations to support the locations we have committed to as well as any new ones.

I am handling product procurement. Please PM me if you can donate protein or have a source for protein donations. If we can get ongoing protein donations, we can greatly expand our operations.

Thanks--

Jeff Hughes
OBR Operations

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Cousin Eddie is in lower Manhattan with HOGZILLA.

Duke with Holy Smoke is in Manhattan, still figuring out where Ed is going to go...

markG
11-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I am heading up to Toms River on the evening of 11/6 through 11/9. If there is anyone in the Mid-Atlantic that would like to tag along, drop me a line. I have room to take a couple of folks in my truck. email me at mdgibbs@aol.com

Just Pulin' Pork
11-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Folks here is an email update I just sent people who have expressed interest in helping. I will post it here to.

All: I wanted to give you the latest on where we are with OBR and the volunteers. We are running into a logistical nightmare, as you all very well may know. Because there is no running water and there is no electricity and the fact that a lot of the areas are deemed "unsafe", we are having a hard time getting set up. Please be patient with us as I know everyone wants to help. The last thing we want to do is have you guys go somewhere and not be able to get in or to help. We will continue to send these email updates and I hope to sooner then later. In the meantime please continue to monitor our FB page, http://www.facebook.com/OperationBBQRelief. Once we are able to get the word out that we need people to help we will let you know. If you can point people to continue to send donations to www.operationbbqrelief.org (http://www.operationbbqrelief.org) , that would be great too. Again sorry for the delay and I will do my best to keep you in the loop on what is going on. Let me know if you have any questions.

Slamdunkpro
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
How do we know that we're on the list? I signed up on the OBR website Wednesday and have seen nothing in my inbox.

nyrangr199
11-02-2012, 04:09 PM
hey guys, just saw the whole OBR operation, seems like a great thing, keep it up! i live in brooklyn but i beat out the storm pretty well over here

tonight im doing an overnight cook tonight of briskets and butts and in the morn doing 40 lbs of leg quarters and bringing them out to Broad Channel tomorrow.

they got hit pretty hard in south queens and a lot of relief isn't finding its way there, so thats where I will focus my efforts over the coming weeks.

hopefully when we start getting gas we can get some more folks out there and to OBR's efforts in NYC/NJ. If you'd like to help the effort in south queens, best bet is to call the office of Councilman Chris Ulrich who heads that district, or if your around tomorrow and are able to help PM me.

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
How do we know that we're on the list? I signed up on the OBR website Wednesday and have seen nothing in my inbox.

You should have received the email Jon(Just Pullin Pork) sent out in the last hour. If there has been a screw up on our part please go to the wedsite and reregister. Thanks

MikeR
11-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I signed up the other day- will sign up again as I did not receive an e-mail. Thank you again for setting this up, I can't even imagine the amount of work involved.

Q-Stream
11-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Sorry I can't be there, donation has been sent. Everybody be careful out there.

Laird

KCBS Master CBJ, Ceritified Table Captain
ABS Pit Boss, Hasty Bake BWS , Okie State Orange Thermapen

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 05:36 PM
I signed up the other day- will sign up again as I did not receive an e-mail. Thank you again for setting this up, I can't even imagine the amount of work involved.

I'll find out what's up, we have a board meeting in a couple of hours.

Wampus
11-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Folks here is an email update I just sent people who have expressed interest in helping. I will post it here to.

All: I wanted to give you the latest on where we are with OBR and the volunteers. We are running into a logistical nightmare, as you all very well may know. Because there is no running water and there is no electricity and the fact that a lot of the areas are deemed "unsafe", we are having a hard time getting set up. Please be patient with us as I know everyone wants to help. The last thing we want to do is have you guys go somewhere and not be able to get in or to help. We will continue to send these email updates and I hope to sooner then later. In the meantime please continue to monitor our FB page, http://www.facebook.com/OperationBBQRelief. Once we are able to get the word out that we need people to help we will let you know. If you can point people to continue to send donations to www.operationbbqrelief.org (http://www.operationbbqrelief.org) , that would be great too. Again sorry for the delay and I will do my best to keep you in the loop on what is going on. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for that. I can't IMAGINE the logistics involved with what you all are doing. We can't get time off work until week after next anyway so hopefully by then, we can be part of the "relief" team and things will be figured out. We may also be able to bring some supplies with us as well. I imagine that Sam's and other stores will be tapped out in the area by then (if they aren't already).

Thanks guys. I've been BLASTING my whole company, my personal email address book and my wife's been passing my emails along to her contact list too to get the word out about the awesome work OBR is doing. Hopefully that will translate into some donations.

Keep it up y'all!

ClayHill
11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I signed up as well and didnt get an e-mail, signed up tues.

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 07:09 PM
If you have signed up as a volunteer for OBR and did not receive the email this afternoon, please PM Just Pullin' Pork. We need to address the problem. If you guys are not getting the emails, many more probably are not as well...

82's BBQ
11-02-2012, 07:26 PM

If you have signed up as a volunteer for OBR and did not receive the email this afternoon, please PM Just Pullin' Pork. We need to address the problem. If you guys are not getting the emails, many more probably are not as well...

Are the emails going out to regional teams or to everyone that has signed up around the country?

MikeR
11-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I am regional and did not receive an e-mail- Long Island, just pm'ed "Just Pullin' Pork" as stated above as well as re-registering at OBR.

Sledneck
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Jeff, Stan and higher HQ are running red tape interference. I'm just trying to line up the team and equipment so we can hit he ground running.

Sled, in many cases, we are working WITH Red Cross.

When we started the battle brethren contest i set up with island harvest " to donate leftovers.

ique
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Teams that are available to be on the ground in Hoboken, NJ with their pits and meat ready to cook please PM me.

Wampus
11-02-2012, 09:11 PM

I signed up on Monday or Tuesday and haven't recieved an email. I'll PM Just Pullin' Pork about it.

bbqbull
11-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Wampus can you PM me your phone number again?
Thanks!

boogiesnap
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Teams that are available to be on the ground in Hoboken, NJ with their pits and meat ready to cook please PM me.

PM sent. but email me direct if box full. dylancarroll2002@yahoo.com

stan
11-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Everyone - the emails only went to those that sent an email to info@operationbbqrelief.org and not everyone in the database for volunteers. That was a mistake! Sorry we did not pull the NE folks from that database! Since I do not handle that database please email info@operationbbqrelief.org subject volunteer and tell us where you can go, availability and equipment and contact number.

Sorry again I know many of you want to help! Please do not just show up though. As Jeff said things are rolling and this will be going on for a while. I know it seems like a hurry up and wait game but this is going to be a long recovery and plenty of opportunity for everyone. After a major disaster like this after the 1st week or so everyone starts to get numb to it and sort of forgets about it. That is when they will really need the help!

Sean K - LI is tough right now our contact with the Red Cross have not gotten back to us. They are not accepting food from outside sources in most location around there. This is the toughest we have had getting set up and just doing what we are there for helping those in need. The red tape is tough. The best thing to do on Long Island would be to find a location where we could cook and serve from and where their are non red cross shelters. If we can find that we can then go to the next step of finding protein. At the pace we are going we will spend all the donations we have received and out disaster account by mid next week. We have some food donations that will be on hand beginning of next week but that will go fast. Will keep you guys posted.

Jeff Hughes
11-02-2012, 09:47 PM

Chris is now handling volunteers for this major operation, please contact him as he requests...

Jeff Hughes

eggzlot
11-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Chris - pm sent

Slamdunkpro
11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Help me out here so I can get the correct info out to our membership:

Chris Hart is now the volunteer coordinator for this whole operation?
People who wish to volunteer should contact Chris directly even if they have already contacted OBR?
If so, Chris do you have a preferred email? (PM me if you like)
How many cook sites are planned and or running? I've heard Hoboken, Tom's River and lower Manhattan
Who is the contact for corporate type donations? Jeff?

MikeR
11-03-2012, 02:43 AM
Just tried to take the ServSafe online course- After registering I'm getting a server error message when I click "Take online course". I hope I can still help out- I am calling Ique in a few hours.

Jeff Hughes
11-03-2012, 06:45 AM
Help me out here so I can get the correct info out to our membership:

Chris Hart is now the volunteer coordinator for this whole operation?
People who wish to volunteer should contact Chris directly even if they have already contacted OBR?
If so, Chris do you have a preferred email? (PM me if you like)
How many cook sites are planned and or running? I've heard Hoboken, Tom's River and lower Manhattan
Who is the contact for corporate type donations? Jeff?

Things are very fluid, Chris came on board last night. At this point he is coordinating volunteers for the operation. Keep the info flowing through OBR except for when Chris asks for direct contact like in the above post. Don't reregister. We'll get him an OBR email addy.

At this point we are supporting three operations. We'll post exact addresses but for planning purposes the above locations will work for now.

If it is a food donation, contact me jhughes@operationbbqrelief.org

If it is money run it through the website.

Thanks--Jeff Hughes

ique
11-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Best way to get me at this point is cell 774-696-7598

Text or call.

Will have hoboken address in the next couple hours.

Chris

MikeR
11-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Local news is listing a lot of fire houses on the south shore of Long Island as serving food. Is there a possibility OBR can hook up with one of them for a LI location?

After looking again they are already being assisted by Island Harvest.

Muzzlebrake
11-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Roger that Stan,

Chris, left you a VM and text. Let
Me know what you need

BMinahan
11-03-2012, 12:41 PM
To my fellow EOers, BIG Group, friends, and family:

As some of you know, that along with my passion for my business and entrepreneurship, I am also a competition BBQer. My team, Que and a Half Men (www.queandahalfmen.com (http://www.queandahalfmen.com/)), have partnered with Operation BBQ Relief (www.operationbbqrelief.org (http://www.operationbbqrelief.org/)) to provide assistance in providing hot, nutritious meals to victims and the many heroic volunteer relief workers of Hurricane Sandy along the northeastern U.S. coast. This historic storm moved onshore in New Jersey on Monday evening, October 29 and proceeded to wreak havoc across multiple states in its path. Particularly hard-hit was New Jersey and New York. OBR is talking about the need for over 200 thousand meals. I want to make sure no utility worker, no fireman, no policeman and surely no victim in a shelter who just lost his home to be hungry while search and rescue and other basic safety needs are being secured.

The mission of Operation BBQ Relief is to provide compassion and to offer hope and friendship to those whose lives have been affected by natural disasters across the United States through our expertise in cooking and catering barbecue meals and our ability to quickly mobilize our teams into any area where nature disrupts and tears apart the lives of Americans.

As my team prepares to mobilize and lend assistance to these victims, I would like to humbly ask my fellow friends and associates to consider making a financial donation to our cause. In fact, I beg you to help us at least keep people fed over the next week or so. Operation BBQ Relief is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation and we can really use all the financial support we can get. Checks can be sent to my home address but please make them payable to Operation BBQ Relief. My address is 5 Kris Roy Drive, Rockland, MA 02370. Your assistance and consideration is greatly appreciated.

Bill Minahan
a-networks, inc.
101 Longwater Circle
Suite 100
Norwell, MA 02061
Main: 781-871-0709 x8501
Direct: 781-753-8501
Fax: 978-383-7972
email: bill@anetworks.net (bill@anetworks.net)
website: http://www.anetworks.net (http://www.anetworks.net/)

Bigdog
11-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks Bill but donations made to the OBR website will reach them sooner. This need is going to be huge. Please give what you can, however you can.

BMinahan
11-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Big dog,
I will fedex checks as soon as I get them. I have commitments of $1,500 so far with much more to come.

Mammoth Mountain
11-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Donated and Joined.

cmohr74
11-03-2012, 03:48 PM
I wish I could help out there, but I can't get away from work. Just sent out a donation from my family to support. God bless all and safe travels to all volunteering. I will pass along what information I can to family and friends.

Bigdog
11-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Big dog,
I will fedex checks as soon as I get them. I have commitments of $1,500 so far with much more to come.

Awesome. No disrespect intended Bro. I was just saying that a direct deposit was faster. I think that what you are doing is beyond great.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

BMinahan
11-03-2012, 05:36 PM
None taken... All for the cause.

boogiesnap
11-03-2012, 05:57 PM
anybody been in touch with chris recently? i don't want to blow up his phone, i'm sure he's super busy.

bmanMA
11-03-2012, 07:01 PM
None taken... All for the cause.

Go Bill go. Great so to see everyone getting together again. I want to be there with you all. But I'll be on a plane... killing me as I have family in the stricken area. Luckily they're all good. Thanks to everyone with boots on the ground.

Jeff Hughes
11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
anybody been in touch with chris recently? i don't want to blow up his phone, i'm sure he's super busy.

I talked to him a couple of hours ago. On the ground and cooking.

We really need a reefer truck hookup. Actually two.

We have a board meeting in a few minutes. Chris or I will report back.

Jeff Hughes
OBR Director Western Operations

boogiesnap
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I talked to him a couple of hours ago. On the ground and cooking.

We really need a reefer truck hookup. Actually two.

We have a board meeting in a few minutes. Chris or I will report back.

Jeff Hughes
OBR Director Western Operations

tell me more about the reefer needs. i don't have any, but can make some phone calls.

CBQ
11-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Apparently our BBQ Assault Vehicle and garage full of cookers may be a little too large :becky: but Chris is looking. We have sent supplies, proteins, and cash to OBR. Best of luck to all the cooks on the ground there making it happen. Thanks also to The Basic BBQ in getting the supplies down there.

eggzlot
11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
just got back from Hoboken, been there since noon today. Set up on 14th and Washington Ave. Got a nice spot for about half the block. The 3mbb trailer is set up with a convection oven, and there are 2 lang 84s, a jambo and 1 other smoker there that are going to cook several cases of butts tonight to feed tomorrow. Today we did not get set up until 3:30 or so, so to get immediate food out there, we did 100's of hot dogs, chicken pieces, whipped up some chili, baked beans, green beans, etc.

Donations are very important for this OBR effort, so please help in any manner possible. I have a family obligation so came home once most of the dinner crowd left, but I am hoping they reach even more people tomorrow as the word (and smell of smoke) go through Hoboken.

Great job today fellas, true spirit of the Brethren in action.

BasicPatrick
11-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Thanks to Zbq, American Dream BBQ , Bud Faria, a few friends and my wife for letting me hit the credit card on spec I was able to drive 9 cases of butts,pans,foil and some other stuff to Hoboken. We have about 700 pounds on and National Guard will take all we can cook.

ique
11-04-2012, 05:39 AM
We need another round of volunteers in Hoboken. I know some have been in touch. Please call if you can help sun-wed

774 696 7598

BMinahan
11-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Team Que and a Half Men just got called up to volunteer in Hoboken, NJ. We are on the road shortly with some equipment and some supplies.

Jeff Hughes
11-04-2012, 11:02 AM
tell me more about the reefer needs. i don't have any, but can make some phone calls.

We need a reefer truck. Probably to be located on Staten Island. Our Lower Manhattan operation is relocating this afternoon.

We now have one for Jersey.

Bigdog
11-04-2012, 11:12 AM
We need a reefer truck. Probably to be located on Staten Island. Our Lower Manhattan operation is relocating this afternoon.

We now have one for Jersey.

Good, I heard they really need help on Staten Island.

Jeff Hughes
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
We need a pallet of Charcoal transported from Mechanicsburg Pa to Neptune or Brick New Jersey.

Can anyone help with that?

LostNation
11-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I just texted Chris, I'm available to cook next week. I can leave tomorrow morning, what supplies should I bring. I'll being my lang, generators and a lot of cherry wood What else?

JimmyDAL
11-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Cbris, I can come down and help, what about talking the train? Fuel is hard to come by and I'm willing to hitcb a ride with someone going through Connecticut. 203-988-1938.

The Perfect Butt

mgp03051
11-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Chris... We can roll out Friday any place that needs help.. we can bring our 4 cookers, generator, lights ect if need be...

dreed
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
3mbb would like to thank all the teams that made it out to Hoboken this weekend. Did an
outstanding job. We may make up 100 or so teams but this weekend we were 1 awesome team!!

Jeff Hughes
11-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Hoboken rocked over 3000 meals today. Makes 10500 today for OBR.

Thanks guys.

What is the current need in Long Island?

Mrs. Mafia
11-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Link to some Pics from Hoboken.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4483108150862.2182863.1084850142&type=1&l=db5e9872c4

Spent the better part of the weekend with some fantastic people in Hoboken. BBQ teams from New England, New Jersey and New York who cooked all night to feed 3000 people today. It really renews my faith in humanity to see people come together for such a great cause. Major credit to the OperationBBQRelief.org group and BBQ teams BBQ MAFIA ,HART ATTACK, CHICKEN CHOKERS, 3 MEN & A BABYBACK and Garden State Porkers (i'm sure more that I can't remember) for sleeping a half block off the Hudson River and smoking well over 1300 pounds of meat (last night alone). Today there were 3000+meals prepared and served .
The National Guard came and picked up food to distribute to seniors and to those who needed a hot meal. We also served people directly from the cook site.
Dana and Chris... you boys rock!

God Bless you all...off to check on butts in the Spicewine :)

MikeR
11-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Thanks guys.

A group of us cooked at the American Legion in Babylon today- team members from Blazin Butts, Grill Scouts, Big Barry Q, and Grim Reaper Smokers cranked out some food that was eaten on site as well as delivered to the area south of Main St that was hit hard. Some of us will be back there tomorrow, so if anyone is available please stop by. 22 Grove St Babylon, just south of Babylon train staion. They are also taking donations of clothing as well as non-perishable food.

scm1226
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
A group of us cooked at the American Legion in Babylon today- team members from Blazin Butts, Grill Scouts, Big Barry Q, and Grim Reaper Smokers cranked out some food that was eaten on site as well as delivered to the area south of Main St that was hit hard. Some of us will be back there tomorrow, so if anyone is available please stop by. 22 Grove St Babylon, just south of Babylon train staion. They are also taking donations of clothing as well as non-perishable food.

Mike I can come by tomorrow, what do you guys need in terms of supplies?

Just Pulin' Pork
11-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Brethren: We just had our nightly conference call and we are asking anyone who can volunteer to click this link and give us an idea when you are available and what you can bring etc. We are looking for people for this coming week and possibly into the following week.Thanks for all you are doing to help OBR!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dGFKak5RZTFPcnUtNkFEczR6RkNKY2c6MQ

MikeR
11-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Mike I can come by tomorrow, what do you guys need in terms of supplies?
We have butts and chicken. If you can bring some hot dogs they seem to be a big hit. I'll be there real early setting up in the parking lot. I will PM you my cell number.

snarky
11-04-2012, 09:20 PM

Thanks guys.

Long beach long island is underwater! If OBR can get help out that way, it would be awesome!

BBQchef33
11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Guys, were back off the grid again, had power, then lost it(twice). We're low on gas in cars and generator..... managed to get a whooping 10 gallons today. If i can get some gas in the truck i'll go to RD, get some stuff and head down.

MIke, will call u tomorrow.

LostNation
11-05-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm going to leave by 9am. bringing lang, wood, charcoal,tent, cambros, coolers tables generator and lights.

Anything else needed, I'm packing now

Smokin Hoggz
11-05-2012, 08:11 AM
You guys are doing a fantastic job, keep up the great work. Just made a donation of $100.

Pelkster
11-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Hey guys,

Just made a donation. Really wish I could head down to help out physically, but I'm going to try my best to raise some much needed funds. I sent an email to about 200 people and have received positive responses thus far. Hopefully this generates a new wave of donations.

You guys and gals are awesome! Keep up the good work!!! :clap2::thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2::thumb::clap2:

BBQ Bandit
11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Field report from Neptune, NJ;

Rob Marion, myself, and a great staff of volunteers from the Senior center are kicking out the food for all comers. May be re-assigned after today's cook.

Max kudos to the volunteers making a huge difference!

Jeff Hughes
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Field report from Neptune, NJ;

Rob Marion, myself, and a great staff of volunteers from the Senior center are kicking out the food for all comers. May be re-assigned after today's cook.

Max kudos to the volunteers making a huge difference!

Probably will be re-assigned tonight. Patrick will be in touch.

Thanks--Jeff Hughes
OBR Director, Western States Operations

MikeR
11-05-2012, 10:24 AM
Anybody in the Babylon area. Babylon American legion. 22 Grove st we could use some hands

Dan - 3eyzbbq
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Donation sent. Thanks for everything you guys are doing.

42BBQ
11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Anyone know guidelines for bringing in raw or frozen pork? If I haul in coolers am I ok? I don't want meat supplies to be turned away because of regulations. Putting together a supply run from here to Jersey on Thursday, been in contact with OBR about needs and location, waiting for direction....

Jeff Hughes
11-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Anyone know guidelines for bringing in raw or frozen pork? If I haul in coolers am I ok? I don't want meat supplies to be turned away because of regulations. Putting together a supply run from here to Jersey on Thursday, been in contact with OBR about needs and location, waiting for direction....

pm me with your number.

Jeff Hughes
OBR Director , Western States Operations

42BBQ
11-05-2012, 05:31 PM
pm me with your number.

Jeff Hughes
OBR Director , Western States Operations

Sent

TheJackal
11-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Guys. What do you need and where? I am in NJ and dealing with personal stuff (family has 6 houses between Normandy and LBI, we also lost 3 cars, and a pet is missing). I got to see the LBI house today and it is in great condition. My spirits are lifted a bit. I have taken 5 of the last 6 days off work so it will be difficult to sneak out tomorrow but if you let me know what you guys need most and where I need to bring it I will do my best.

wjwheeler
11-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I just made a donation. I wish I was physically able to be there. Thank you for your hard work!

mgp03051
11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
We are rolling out Friday morning for Brick NJ... There is no need for us to bring your smokers so we have pleanty of room for donations..