PDA

View Full Version : update to the gothenburg contest apr 26/27 2013

arrowhead
10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
we have increased the payout from $5000 to $7500. we will pay top 10 overall and top 10 for each category (4 kcbs).

changes will be reflected on the webiste shortly. registration forms will be available on the webiste in a few days.

http://www.gothenburgdelivers.com/play/

judges, we are using the judges liaison program provided by the rocky mountain bbq association.

http://rmbbqa.org/jlp/

you do not need to be a rmbbqa member to register. just go to the link, register, and sign up for contests you want to judge.

if you have any questions, feel free.

mike

arrowhead
10-27-2012, 07:53 AM
the ice has been broken. got a phone call from the grillin beavers last night, he said they were coming to join us. got so excited, the wife thought she was gonna have to use the defibrilator on me.

we're headed to the rmbbqa banquet next saturday, several more teams have expressed an interest. we are a rmbbqa cup event.

we have also joined the greater omaha bbq society and the heartland bbq challenge list of contests.

the website has also been updated.

arrowhead
03-14-2013, 12:48 AM
ok, it's been awhile.

we have 28 registered teams.

the last day for the early bird is friday (march 15th). water, electricity at each site and 40 punds of ice. online registration is available at http://www.gothenburgdelivers.com/play/pony-express-bbq-challenge/teams/

hope to see you there.

mike

arrowhead
03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
received 2 more registrations today, taking us to the big 3...0. i certainly wasn't expecting to be sitting where we are with over a month to go, as a first year contest. tremendous support from teams and judges. thank you.

Rookie'48
03-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Okay, I created a Judge's account. It looks like I'll have to wait until my KCBS membership is confirmed before I can apply for this one. I'm thinking of checking out Rich & Bunny's classes and either judging or hanging with Shane & Velma (if they get registered).

Is this comp at a campground? From the description on the website it looks like it. If so, where could I check on getting a space for my fifth wheeler?

arrowhead
03-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Okay, I created a Judge's account. It looks like I'll have to wait until my KCBS membership is confirmed before I can apply for this one. I'm thinking of checking out Rich & Bunny's classes and either judging or hanging with Shane & Velma (if they get registered).

Is this comp at a campground? From the description on the website it looks like it. If so, where could I check on getting a space for my fifth wheeler?

thanks dave.

it shouldn't take long for your confirmation.

it is at a campground, but we're now sitting at 32 registered teams and 2 more (that i know of) that are going to be signing up. the park has 36 established spots and lots of open area. i don't think i'll have an established spot for you. what are your electrical requirements?

arrowhead
03-15-2013, 07:49 AM
our 33rd team just registered.

i'm going to take a long nap on april 28th. :shock: :grin:

arrowhead
03-15-2013, 12:37 PM
we have decided to cap it at 48 teams. 9if we are fortunate enogh to get there)

we're at 34 now.

hamiltont
03-15-2013, 01:04 PM
That's awesome news Mike!!! Cheers!!!

Rookie'48
03-15-2013, 03:01 PM
thanks dave.

it shouldn't take long for your confirmation.

it is at a campground, but we're now sitting at 32 registered teams and 2 more (that i know of) that are going to be signing up. the park has 36 established spots and lots of open area. i don't think i'll have an established spot for you. what are your electrical requirements?

I've got a 50 amp plug on the trailer and some adapters (30+20 to 50, 30 to 50). I could get by on a 30 amp plug or if I have to I could bring my generator - but running a generator from Wednesday through Sunday doesn't thrill me :rolleyes:.

Is there another campground close by that I could check out?

arrowhead
03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
I've got a 50 amp plug on the trailer and some adapters (30+20 to 50, 30 to 50). I could get by on a 30 amp plug or if I have to I could bring my generator - but running a generator from Wednesday through Sunday doesn't thrill me :rolleyes:.

Is there another campground close by that I could check out?

how long is your cord? (man o man lol)i can get you a spot in the campground within 25-30 feet of a 30 amp plug.

you should have also received your jlp confirmation, making you eligible to sign up.

there is a koa a couple miles away.

arrowhead
03-15-2013, 04:18 PM
just registered team #35.

Rookie'48
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
how long is your cord? (man o man lol)i can get you a spot in the campground within 25-30 feet of a 30 amp plug.

I just got the extension cord that I ordered making a total of 55 feet of cord, although the OL might argue that point :oops:.

you should have also received your jlp confirmation, making you eligible to sign up.

Yep, just did the sign up. As long as I don't get bumped it looks like I'm in :grin:.

there is a koa a couple miles away.

That might be my best option if you get enough teams to fill the campground. Wouldn't want to be accused of fraternizing :shock:.

txschutte
03-15-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm in. And Dave and Irma can stay at the house if needed.(it's only a stone's throw from the event)#36

arrowhead
03-15-2013, 06:44 PM
That might be my best option if you get enough teams to fill the campground. Wouldn't want to be accused of fraternizing :shock:.

well, now that you mention it. that might pose a problem.

arrowhead
03-20-2013, 04:10 PM
we now have 38 registered teams. 10 spots left. water electricty, water and 40 pounds of ice.

here's the line-up, so far:

lovin dem bones
grillin beavers
burnin bob's butts n bones
naked pig
backdraft bbq
stars and stripes
smoke n the rockies
rocket boys pyro
pork patrol
edna's kids
los nerds
gque
hogz brew
scorch and resque
cooters country catering
circle w barbeque
abundant bbq
jo-bawb's bbq
phat jack's
got wood
freddie's firebox (hub)
team behr bq
out of the blue b.b.q.
big daddy's bbq
twss bbq
rogue q smokers of the serengeti
buck snort bbq
smokey bear's bbq
swinestone cowboys
clark crew bbq
smoking fine naked swine
km bbq
well sauced bbq
boner's bbq
wnw bbq
whosoever q
parrothead smokers
tattoo bob's bar-b-q

hamiltont
03-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Awesome lookin' lineup!! The judges are going to be in BBQ Utopia!!! Cheers!!!

arrowhead
03-26-2013, 06:42 PM
41 teams, for a 1st time contest i never would have expected this type of turnout with a month left to go.

lovin dem bones
grillin beavers
burnin bob's butts n bones
naked pig
backdraft bbq
stars and stripes
smoke n the rockies
rocket boys pyro
pork patrol
edna's kids
los nerds
gque
hogz brew
scorch and resque
cooters country catering
circle w barbeque
abundant bbq
jo-bawb's bbq
phat jack's
got wood
freddie's firebox (hub)
team behr bq
out of the blue b.b.q.
big daddy's bbq
twss bbq
rogue q smokers of the serengeti
buck snort bbq
smokey bear's bbq
swinestone cowboys
clark crew bbq
smoking fine naked swine
km bbq
well sauced bbq
boner's bbq
wnw bbq
whosoever q
parrothead smokers
tattoo bob's bar-b-q
brand x bbq
smoked
big d bbq

7 spots left.

wmaes47
03-26-2013, 07:31 PM
More judges are needed...

Signup through the JLP Program, login and sign-up...

Judges' Liaison Program (http://rmbbqa.org/jlp/)

Trucky1008
03-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Looking forward to this contest!

MikeJ65
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
More judges are needed...

Signup through the JLP Program, login and sign-up...

Judges' Liaison Program (http://rmbbqa.org/jlp/)

I will sign up once I get verified by JLP.