PDA

View Full Version : another comp site table question...

Wager
10-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Anyone have any experience with these tables? they look like they might work since they have legs that extend to 36 inches but I wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with them.

Amazon.com: Lifetime 4 Foot Adjustable 4428 Height Folding Utility Table: Patio, Lawn & Garden

pat
10-16-2012, 11:20 AM
I have 2 and they work great. Obviously limited space if you only have 1

Divemaster
10-16-2012, 11:33 AM
We have 4 of them.

We had a tough time finding them for a year or so but when they came back out we jumped on it.

(BTW, we've had the first two for over 5 years!)

Kit R
10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I've got one and we used it for box prep and presentation work. No complaints. However, I bought mine at Costco or Sam's (can't remember which) and it was a lot less expensive than the Amazon price in that link. Check one or both of those stores if you have the ability.

Big Ron
10-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I have had two for several years and as long as you take care of them they are great, portable, lightweight, and low cost. When mine gets greasy or very dirty, I use soap and bleach, soak the table top, and and let it sit a few hours in the sun on a hot day, rinse and white as new again. Sam's $34.95 everyday

New Pal Frank
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
We have one and works just fine.Got it a SAMS for some where between $35 and $45. I use it as a work space next to the cooker.

Cayman1
10-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Lowes has some good ones and actually less than Amazon, and I am an Amazon junkie!

Teamfour
10-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I have seen the tables at Sams and Costco but none of them have the TELESCOPING legs like the one the OP posted.

smokeyw
10-16-2012, 02:40 PM
I also have one like that and like it a lot. I bought mine at Sam's Club for considerably less than the one shown.

gcbbqboy
10-16-2012, 03:50 PM
We mist our tables with water then cover with foil. Makes clean up a snap. Buy foil at Restaurant depot commercial standard strength foil.

We also use regular six foot tables and extend the legs with PVC pipe we cut, with caps on the bottom of the pipe, store the "legs" in one of our equipment tubs

riblette
10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
These are mostly what I use. They work really well, clean up well, and they’ve held up to abuse. The only down side is they are little wobbly when they are up at the highest extension. They are still pretty sturdy…just a little dodgy if you are using em to hold heavy stuff…like a cambro full of meat…plenty sturdy at the lower heights, tho.

Can’t go wrong for the price…we got ours at Sam’s.

Watch out for table bite!!! That’s when you get your skin pinched when you’re trying to push the legs back in :doh:….but I bet I’m the only one that’s ever happened to. :icon_blush:

Good luck!

Big Mike
10-16-2012, 05:02 PM
I have 3 of them. Got em a few years ago from Sams

42s on u
10-16-2012, 05:21 PM
We've got one it works good for box prep...that's what we use it for anyway. I like it.

huminie
10-16-2012, 05:27 PM
We also use regular six foot tables and extend the legs with PVC pipe we cut, with caps on the bottom of the pipe, store the "legs" in one of our equipment tubs

This is what we do!

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo281/huminie/table.jpg

watg?
10-16-2012, 05:30 PM
We use those tables, we strap 3 together to form an island, makes a great workspace.

GMDGeek
10-16-2012, 05:38 PM
We have 2 of the 6' folding tables and two of those tables you are asking about. I use them for both BBQ and Scuba - sturdy, strong, and dependable. Great tables.

@Huminie - awesome Idea; going to have to try it out.

TailGateJoecom
10-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Anyone have any experience with these tables? they look like they might work since they have legs that extend to 36 inches but I wasn't sure if anyone had any experience with them.

Amazon.com: Lifetime 4 Foot Adjustable 4428 Height Folding Utility Table: Patio, Lawn & Garden (http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Adjustable-4428-Folding-Utility/dp/B003YJPC2A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3)

I have 2 of them, I place them together to form one large 4x4 table.

Johnny Ca$h
10-17-2012, 07:32 PM
We also use regular six foot tables and extend the legs with PVC pipe we cut, with caps on the bottom of the pipe, store the "legs" in one of our equipment tubs[/QUOTE]

The PVC leg mod is very nice for taller people

Wager
10-18-2012, 01:52 PM
that's great news. thanks guys. I will definitely try and track them down at my costco here in town. I thought I had looked before but i had never seen one that you could both fold in half and also adjust the leg height.

didisea
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
There is probably a leg difference on the ones that you will find at Costco vs. Amazon. The ones on Amazon are a little wobbly, but great if you want to shove those rolling plastic drawers under the table, because there is zero space used in the middle by the legs. The ones at Costco have a support that goes kind of up to the center of the table, making it more stable but rendering some of the space under the table unusable. So it depends on what you want to put under the table to know which table will work best for you.

Cast Iron Chef
10-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I buy the 6' folding tables at Target for $32 and made leg extensions out of PVC pipe and a T.

42s on u
10-18-2012, 04:12 PM
a couple of ours in action