PDA

View Full Version : So everyone says they want to wash dishes...

Hawg Father of Seoul
10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Here is the deal. Saturday at Poteau, OK we are doing pork butt for people's choice. I will be flying solo so I need to tend the other proteins. If someone wants to drag their pit up there and cook with me, I'd split any thing we won in people's choice. (you need no cash or pork)

I will also show you everything I know (very little) about the comp stuff. I have only done two comps, but we have managed a couple of walks in tough fields.

Thanks,
Fred

Hawg Father of Seoul
10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Really? No takers? $2,200 up for grabs in people's choice.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
10-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Doesn't really sound like a good deal to me. Might want to just let the person keep the peoples choice winnings if they go through the trouble of using their pit and cooking it. Just my 2cents.

Hawg Father of Seoul
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Doesn't really sound like a good deal to me. Might want to just let the person keep the peoples choice winnings if they go through the trouble of using their pit and cooking it. Just my 2cents.

Well, I'll give YOU that deal. (and yes, I do know who you are in BBQ)

Don't worry. No one will take me up on it.

I did pay entry fees, have all the spices/sauce, charcoal, wood, already setup site, have an extra pit (if they don't want to use their own), and offered to give up all secrets I know (which is worth less than the charcoal), but I see your point.

Now that you have made my deal "fair", set a fair price on that class in Florida.

MikeR
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
Wish I lived closer. I just like the atmosphere at comps and would be there anyway. Good luck with everything else!

Dan - 3eyzbbq
10-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Now that you have made my deal "fair", set a fair price on that class in Florida.

I always set a fair price. Its that Rub guy thats gonna make it expensive :wink:

sdbbq1234
10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I always set a fair price. Its that Rub guy thats gonna make it expensive :wink:

Speaking of rub costs, I'll need to pick up a bag of your rub for the competition this weekend in Woodstock.

I'll be the guy coming by early Friday with a big schit eating grin wanting to purchase a bag. :wink:

wallace

jacksons31
10-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Wish I wasn't booked Saturday or I'd join ya...

Was wanting to cook there and/or bordertown but just didn't work out

Hawg Father of Seoul
10-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Wish I wasn't booked Saturday or I'd join ya...

Was wanting to cook there and/or bordertown but just didn't work out

I'll be at bordertown too. Drop by. I am the guy with a 36inch offset and two drums.

Hawg Father of Seoul
10-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Ended up with $1k of the peoples choice. Just took a little extra work.

Teamfour
10-21-2012, 08:12 AM
I'll be the guy coming by early Friday with a big schit eating grin wanting to purchase a bag. :wink:

wallace

Sounds like my younger days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chucktown
10-22-2012, 09:03 PM
We we're next to Fred at the contest. Worked his a$$ off and got paid.:clap2: