PDA

View Full Version : Beef Brisket Injection

sweetheatbbq
10-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Has anyone had luck with injecting BBQ phosphates in there brisket? I know it works great in pork but I have yet to try it in brisket. I have had no luck in brisket so I am willing to try anything. In the last few contest I have used Fab B and my results improved but still not landing a call. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

The Yankee Gator
10-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Try Butchers beef injection. Helps hold moisture and keeps a good deep beef flavor. It should help your scores. It did mine.

sweetheatbbq
10-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Does it have a flavor or just enhance the beef flavor? Do I need to make a beef stock or add flavors to the injection?

Outnumbered
10-11-2012, 08:24 PM
It has a flavor for sure. Beefy plus something else. It's good stuff.

Scottie
10-12-2012, 12:52 AM
If you are using FAB and not scoring. Then buy better brisket or you have to cook your brisket better. I really think jt sounds like you are looking for magic pixie dust and really just need to concentrate on cooking a perfect end product

Untraceable
10-12-2012, 06:31 AM
Ive had success with Kosmos reserve blend but its not really what Im looking for in flavor. I did pick up a package of just phosphate. Going to work on my own injection and add in the phophates and see what they actually add

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
10-12-2012, 08:10 AM
are you looking for more of your own flavors to come out more? Fab B light might be an option for you.

sweetheatbbq
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
If you are using FAB and not scoring. Then buy better brisket or you have to cook your brisket better. I really think jt sounds like you are looking for magic pixie dust and really just need to concentrate on cooking a perfect end product
You are right, I keep trying to find ways to cover up the fact that I am not cooking it right.

Jacked UP BBQ
10-12-2012, 09:44 AM
FAB B is an excellent product.

Cayman1
10-12-2012, 09:58 AM
How does Butchers Beef differ from Fab B Lite in the finished brisket?

bmanMA
10-12-2012, 03:06 PM
How does Butchers Beef differ from Fab B Lite in the finished brisket?

Fab-B lite is "light"; it's a lighter touch on the added flavor/color. Not sure if it's lighter on the other stuff as well (i.e. phos). I'd guess not.