PDA

View Full Version : Custom BBQ Tools

smokinit
09-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Ok guys I have a bud of mine who I work with and he designs all our medical instruments and of coarse he is a BBQ guy.We are going to design some cool BBQ tools and more specifically some geared toward Backwoods. I have some good ideas myself but would like to hear and ideas you may have.

Sledneck
09-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Stackable rib racks

Navchop
09-26-2012, 02:33 PM
I take it these tools will be made in the USA? I would be interested in what is developed and whether this is going to be a full time enterprise.

I'm working to open a BBQ supply store in GA and I want all of my products to be made in USA. As you probably know there is no line of BBQ accessories that are made in USA. Most are made in China. Look forward to hearing from you.

smokinit
09-26-2012, 02:52 PM
That's my plan to keep in the the good old USA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

deguerre
09-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I think a standing hanger rack that would go on the lower grate of a WSM would be pretty nifty if it could be worked out.

smokinit
09-27-2012, 03:33 PM
I think a standing hanger rack that would go on the lower grate of a WSM would be pretty nifty if it could be worked out.

I will add that to my to look at list for the future. Thanks for the idea:becky:

landarc
09-27-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't cook on a backwoods, but, I can see where a meat hook setup, that would hang off the top rack in a backwoods, with the other racks removed would be nice. For poultry or other meats. Ever see the hooks make for Chinese roast ducks?

Also a nice heavy duty drip pan, I mean with a solid guage of steel, that would fit correctly would be nice. Something that could be used to catch drips, or even as a braising pan.

smokinit
09-27-2012, 03:59 PM
I don't cook on a backwoods, but, I can see where a meat hook setup, that would hang off the top rack in a backwoods, with the other racks removed would be nice. For poultry or other meats. Ever see the hooks make for Chinese roast ducks?

Also a nice heavy duty drip pan, I mean with a solid guage of steel, that would fit correctly would be nice. Something that could be used to catch drips, or even as a braising pan.

The whole low temp/cold smoking kit is something on the top of my list.:thumb:

smokinit
10-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Ok we have some things in the works anything else you guys would like to see for comp tools.

smokinit
01-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Ok we will finally have a one new item out and it will be a cool little gadget called the Basting Deflector. For now it will be in Backwoods sizes only and I will have a few to give out for review so you Backwoods guys who have a Chubby,G2 Chubby,G2 Party,Standard Party,Extended Party or Fatboy PM me with your addy I will have two to ship out sometime next week

cpw
01-09-2013, 08:59 AM
PM sent!

Cliff H.
01-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Not for BW, but I would purchase a circular rib rack for my WSM.

tyotrain
01-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Pm sent 👍

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

smokinit
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Ok we have our two testers thanks guys.

smokinit
01-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Not for BW, but I would purchase a circular rib rack for my WSM.

Not a bad Idea:idea:

Fireburd
01-09-2013, 01:10 PM
How about something to raise the water pan out? Seen some people weld a platform on a car jack but I think it could be designed smaller.

smokinit
01-09-2013, 10:14 PM
How about something to raise the water pan out? Seen some people weld a platform on a car jack but I think it could be designed smaller.

I will put that on the list.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Untraceable
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
My bad, i didnt notice the posting date

smokinit
01-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Ok here is the Basting Deflector no more burnt goo on your fire box door.These should work out great just want to make sure they do what they need to do and we will have the popular sizes readily available and we can custom make to any size. You can leave it in or take it on and off as needed.Pricing to come shorly.

Fireburd
01-16-2013, 09:37 AM
Any chance for color options?

smokinit
01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Shouldn't be an issue just need to see if i can order single units or if I have to do a minimum. What color are you looking for.

Fireburd
01-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Color wouldn't be a huge turnoff for me but if I had an option I would order red. Colored BWS seem to be coming more popular so I'm sure others might want something that matches their smoker. Black goes with everything so depending on price I probably wouldn't have an issue ordering black if that was the only option.

Untraceable
01-16-2013, 10:42 AM
My first impression is "that things huge", but then I thought about it keeping drips off the driveway/patio too.

smokinit
01-16-2013, 10:50 AM
Its only 9 inches out from the smoker looks bigger than it is.

Untraceable
01-16-2013, 11:01 AM
9" is most definately above average. not sure where your from bud! lol

smokinit
01-16-2013, 11:05 AM
You just had to go there didn't you:D

gaspipe1
01-16-2013, 11:31 AM
What about something for the UDS? Perhaps an ash shovel? Something to clean out the drum from drippings that miss the firebox and ash that falls out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinit
01-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Color wouldn't be a huge turnoff for me but if I had an option I would order red. Colored BWS seem to be coming more popular so I'm sure others might want something that matches their smoker. Black goes with everything so depending on price I probably wouldn't have an issue ordering black if that was the only option.

I can keep the price the same I just have to roll with one color base pick one of the three and I can make it the standard.

Fireburd
01-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Sorry I'm not quite sure I understood what you meant. Are you saying you can offer multiple colors or your supplier is saying you only have 1 option. If its only 1 option for you to stock black would probably be your best option considering a majority of the smokers are black.

cpw
01-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Ok here is the Basting Deflector no more burnt goo on your fire box door.These should work out great just want to make sure they do what they need to do and we will have the popular sizes readily available and we can custom make to any size. You can leave it in or take it on and off as needed.Pricing to come shorly.

This is a great idea. It's one of the features of the Pitmaker that I really like.

smokinit
01-16-2013, 04:09 PM
And just an FYI these are made by fellow Brethren thanks Chad and Nicole for all your help .Looks like pricing around $30 plus shipping. Ground on these will be between $5 and $10 any were in the lower 48.

smokinit
01-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Sorry I'm not quite sure I understood what you meant. Are you saying you can offer multiple colors or your supplier is saying you only have 1 option. If its only 1 option for you to stock black would probably be your best option considering a majority of the smokers are black.

I can do the red just need to pick a color and roll with no switching back an forth

Arlin_MacRae
01-16-2013, 05:03 PM
You know what's always needed are good, heavy duty tongs. You know, the ones you can pick up a bowling ball with! I have some, but nobody I know does. My $.02.

smokinit
01-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Would that be a 16lb ball:D shoot me a pic of one if you can.

Arlin_MacRae
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
I can pick up whole briskets and butts/shoulders with it so... :laugh:
Here's a link to the set the tongs are part of, but you can't really see them. They're danged near 1/4" thick stainless.
http://sportsnutrition.stores.yahoo.net/forbbqtoolse.html

smokinit
01-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Yup I have had a pair of those just not a fan of the design. Maybe time to play with something new.

Fireburd
01-17-2013, 08:58 AM
Fantastic. If I had a choice I would select the first red car as the color platform for red. Can't wait to add this too my smoker. Any ETA on availability or are there more tools coming out soon we should wait for and order all together and maybe save a couple bucks?

smokinit
01-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Fantastic. If I had a choice I would select the first red car as the color platform for red. Can't wait to add this too my smoker. Any ETA on availability or are there more tools coming out soon we should wait for and order all together and maybe save a couple bucks?

The next goodie wont be out for a bit but these should be ready to roll in the Black color as early as next week the red shortly after that.

smokinit
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Ok the first round of Basting Deflectors has been delivered the two lucky guys will get theres by next week they will ship tomorrow. I want to check them out on the G'2 this weekend a to make sure the fit is good and then I will have a few to ship.

smokinit
01-26-2013, 09:25 AM
Ok fit and finish are great here it is on the G2 Chubby. I have three to go out the door now $30 plus shipping. This size will fit ftom the standard Chubby up to the G2 Party.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/26/janu4e2u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/26/dysu4eqa.jpg

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

smokinit
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM
I should have a new goodie to get some feedback on this weekend stay tuned!!

smokinit
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Ok here is a cool little thing we came up with. The Competition Rib Spatula. It will hold a full rack no flopping over the end no sliding around. Should have some soon will have one at Willie to play with. $40.

Navchop
09-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Ok here is a cool little thing we came up with. The Competition Rib Spatula. It will hold a full rack no flopping over the end no sliding around. Should have some soon will have one at Willie to play with. $40.

I like that. How did it work?

smokinit
09-07-2013, 04:01 PM
Works great used all season at comps.