PDA

View Full Version : Franklins must be good!

rolfejr
09-18-2012, 05:28 AM
All I hear is "Franklin this and Franklin that"

I watched this video and maybe they're on onto something!

">https://www.youtube.com/embed/qaZx6kGs7pg?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> (https://www.youtube.com/embed/qaZx6kGs7pg?rel=0)

Pyle's BBQ
09-18-2012, 10:31 AM
I guess I have something in common with him. I have never been to Franklin's.

smoker jayson
09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Hahaha

tinman
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
That's funny right there!

jmoney7269
09-18-2012, 12:51 PM
If you haven't had their brisket, your missing out! Everyone you cook after you we compare to theirs. I have spoken to him several times via email after visiting his restaurant. I have checked out the pits and the cook method. I assure you, it's the simple what makes it so good. Post oak, Dalmatian rub,smoke butcher paper and time. It's that good. I personally like the brisket and sausage sandwich.

caseydog
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I've seen all kinds of words put to that video, but this was the best. However, I happen to like The Salt Lick.

CD

CarolinaQue
09-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Now that...was funny!!!

coondogbbq
09-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Funny stuff Couldn't stop it.....had to watch the whole thing

Gore
09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
I've seen this posted so many times on this site, I'm surprised it's not a sticky. Like the chili judging, this one never gets old! :thumb:

1MoreFord
09-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I've seen this posted so many times on this site, I'm surprised it's not a sticky. Like the chili judging, this one never gets old! :thumb:

And so many variations on a theme here - and elsewhere too on such a wide range of subjects.:clap:

1MoreFord
09-18-2012, 10:22 PM
I have little doubt that Franklin is really good. Still how do you get folks to show up an hour or 2 early and stand around in the Texas sun for the *possibility* of having some Q?:rolleyes: You can say he's that good all you want but if you read the low rated yelp reviews that say they they have one order taker and only Franklin slices the brisket so the line moves at snail's pace and they still run out some days in 30 minutes to an hour.:crazy: How do they stay in business if these tales are true? Even Franklin talks about being out of Que in 2 hours or less and bragg's about having run out every day they've been open. I guess if you only cook 30 minutes worth of food you can be assured of running out.:-P How long can you keep a customer base that way.:shocked: I know I can't throw away 2 or 3 hours for the *possibility* of having lunch very often. Not even on days off and vacations.

Oh well I guess it's rant off time since I need to post about the newest thing in rib cookers I saw today.:tsk:

JS-TX
09-19-2012, 12:21 AM
:biggrin1: Holy #$#$ that was so funny! I can't believe I hadn't seen that before.

The only thing I can say is that it's VERY good. Best Q I've ever had at a restaurant by far. When I was there on a Sat. in July, they still had brisket left around 1pm. I was also able to get the pork ribs too. YMMV

Gore
09-19-2012, 07:24 AM
I have little doubt that Franklin is really good. Still how do you get folks to show up an hour or 2 early and stand around in the Texas sun for the *possibility* of having some Q?:rolleyes: You can say he's that good all you want but if you read the low rated yelp reviews that say they they have one order taker and only Franklin slices the brisket so the line moves at snail's pace and they still run out some days in 30 minutes to an hour.:crazy: How do they stay in business if these tales are true? Even Franklin talks about being out of Que in 2 hours or less and bragg's about having run out every day they've been open. I guess if you only cook 30 minutes worth of food you can be assured of running out.:-P How long can you keep a customer base that way.:shocked: I know I can't throw away 2 or 3 hours for the *possibility* of having lunch very often. Not even on days off and vacations.

I think it's another case of "nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded" -- definitely a failed business model. I expect they'll be hanging it up any day now. :laugh:

Teamfour
09-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Great video!

Jaskew82
09-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I love it!

1MoreFord
09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
I think it's another case of "nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded" -- definitely a failed business model. I expect they'll be hanging it up any day now. :laugh:

You're probably right:tongue::laugh: