View Full Version : Salt Lake City next week

09-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Headed to SLC for work Sunday till Tuesday next week. Any good eats? Any of you farkers in the area? Thanks.

09-06-2012, 10:51 AM
There are a couple SLC threads you can search. For BBQ, I enjoyed Pat's, but absolutely avoid the brisket. There are a lot of non-chain restaurants that I would like to try, but haven't had more than a couple meals there.

09-06-2012, 11:08 AM
How far north are you coming? There is a little hole in the wall up in Layton, about 30 mins north of SLC that has pretty decent grub. I love the fried pickes and hush puppies. They have a slew of BBQ sauces to choose from and they are fun to try. The place is called Holy Smoke.

09-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Another place that gets a lot of local attention is Crown Burger. They do burgers and greek food. Their main attraction as the name suggests is the Crown Burger. It's a massive pastrami burger. Fry Sauce is a big thing in Utah and Crown Burger has their own variation. They add dill pickles to it and it's my favorite. There is one located down town right in the mix of the city. It is down by the Energy Solutions Arena where the Jazz play.

09-06-2012, 11:20 AM
If you're in the mood for Mexican The Red Iguana is a must. They have two locations within a mile of each other because they get so busy. I've spent some time in Mexico and their food is as close to authentic as I've seen in the states. Don't get the RED iguana mixed up with the Blue Iguana. It is a copy cat/split off and it's not nearly as good. They have at least 7 different moles and amazing horchata. They are located just west of the freeway again not far from the Energy Solutions arena. It's on the scarier side of the freeway, but still a safe neighborhood.

09-06-2012, 11:23 AM
If you're in the mood for Pizza, The Pie is the place to go. They are located up closer to the University of Utah campus but they do deliver downtown. Their pizza is amazing, loaded with cheeze and garlic. Cheesy pull aparts with ranch are my favortie. They also have a specialty pizza called the Greek. It is pretty much a Gyro in pizza form. It's amazing!

09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
This is a good option.

09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Whenever I travel I check out this web site. "FlavortownUSA.com"(all lower case). It is a state by state listing of the visited by Guy Fierra on Diners, Drive ins and Dives. I have yet to find a bad one.

Cast Iron Chef
09-06-2012, 02:17 PM
From another forum from people in SLC:

I have really grown to like Kaiser's BBQ over on 300 West. I also really liked Firehouse as well. Also been to Pat's and Sugarhouse, but keep ending up back at Kaiser's. Something about his ribs I really love. And his half chickens are damn good as well.

And there was another vote for Holy smoke in Layton.

09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Didn't have time to try much of anything. Got in late Sunday night; flight delays, and they brought in lunch for the meeting on Monday so Monday evening was all I had free. Ended up stopping by a Crown Burger. Good burger and onion rings. Maybe try some of the other places another trip. Thanks for all the suggestions.