PDA

View Full Version : "New" Royal Invitational Procedure

jbrink01
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Having been fortunate enough to win this past weekend, I filled out the paperwork for next year. Seems like a very easy process UNLESS you happen to get an organizer who's heart isn't in it. Chris Graue from Lincoln had the info back to me same day, but I could see issues with others.......

Rookie'48
08-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Sounds like he's one of the good ones, Jeff. Congrats on your win!

JerryA
08-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Are they flexible on that 7 day requirement?

I turned in my paperwork right away, but I don't think the organizer has and it has been about 12 bus. days already. He went on Vacation right after the contest I won.

jbrink01
08-28-2012, 04:43 PM

I turned in my paperwork right away, but I don't think the organizer has and it has been about 12 bus. days already. He went on Vacation right after the contest I won.

I suspect they are, but you never know.....

nukenight
08-28-2012, 07:23 PM
We get the promoter and winner to sign just after the awards ceremony. That way, it gets done.

Trucky1008
08-28-2012, 08:48 PM

When I called they told me they are flexible on the 7 day requirement. In my case our GC came after the July 31st cutoff date so we'll be in for next year's invitational.

JerryA
08-28-2012, 09:35 PM
When I called they told me they are flexible on the 7 day requirement. In my case our GC came after the July 31st cutoff date so we'll be in for next year's invitational.

Thanks! That's good to know.

YokeUp
08-29-2012, 01:11 AM
you may want to check your invite for next year. The new Royal requirements for sanctioning bodies requires that to qualify for the Royal, the sanctioning body must provide the participants with printed judging results.... looks to me like IBCA events won't qualify any longer unless they change.

CBQ
08-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Would the new AR rules mean Sam's Club contests would now qualify?

Jorge
08-31-2012, 09:34 PM
you may want to check your invite for next year. The new Royal requirements for sanctioning bodies requires that to qualify for the Royal, the sanctioning body must provide the participants with printed judging results.... looks to me like IBCA events won't qualify any longer unless they change.

Where does it say, "participants"? How do you know that doesn't mean that the sanctioning body is required to provide than info to the Royal?

Brewer
09-03-2012, 12:06 PM
We had the same question this year and clarified with the sanctioning org. - we (the team/participant, etc..) were required to submit the printed list along with the proclamation and application in one package to the AR. The process worked well for us. They promptly confirmed receipt via email.