PDA

View Full Version : KCBS Plant City, FL Pig Jam

chad
11-08-2005, 08:08 PM
The Plant City Pig Jam is coming up November 19. It's usually a good contest with plenty of "name" teams. Tim and I cooked it last year as our second cookoff - scored 5th in some chicken and thought we knew what we were doing! :eek: Man, has it been a long and educational 12 months!!:biggrin:

We can't cook it this year but I got my name in to judge it - my first KCBS CBJ outing!

Off hand I don't know if any Brethren teams are going, but I imagine I'll see some familiar faces. :biggrin:

Sawdustguy
11-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Cool! I'm envious because all of our contests are finished for the year up here in the north east. Hope you have a great time. :biggrin:

Aeynghus
11-09-2005, 05:20 AM
I can throw a rock from where I live into Plant City but won't be able to attend.

homebbq
11-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Since Wilton Manors cancelled, we will be there... I let them know yesterday and got my App. in the mail. Make sure you stop by and see my new rig Dave.

chad
11-09-2005, 07:04 AM
I got my kitchen pass for that date! :wink:

Kevin, you know I'll be dropping by! It's amazing the equipment changes you've made and really exemplifies the "it's the cook not the cooker".

I've watched a lot of teams making adjustments throughout the year - Mike is using Stump's cookers, you and the FEC100 and, please correct me if I'm wrong, trying Stump's cooker, and Bill & Nina moving back to the FEC100 after trying the Caldera del Fuego!

I love this stuff - only the nutz in this forum could talk about a cook off like it's a NASCAR race!! :grin:

homebbq
11-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Look forward to seeing you Dave... I have gone to 2-FEC100's, the Stumps was short lived. Its a real good cooker, but it was just too heavy for me to maneuver around on that trailer.. The FEC's took very little adjustment for me, they are fine cookers... Mike has cheated and gone back to the big cooker, the last few contests...

You know its pretty amazing, but competition bbq has really been becoming popular.. We got our logo's put on the trailer just before Douglas, and on the way back we were getting alot of beeps, and waves, and stopped at a couple of rest areas, and Clara had a tough time making it to the restroom. People kept stopping her to talk about bbq.

I love this stuff too...

smokincracker
11-09-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm in!!!! Sent the money and talked to Amy today.
My wife asked me what I wanted to do on my B-day Friday the 18th and I told her go Q What Else right!!!!
I am looking forward to going my Dad is going to tag along and helps out.
I hope he gets to relax some and enjoy the sights. I expect he will have a good time!
I will leave army man (Doug) at the house this time.... Last time I did that I came in next to last in Dillard. Go figure!

homebbq
11-09-2005, 03:29 PM
look forward to seeing you Jimmy..

bbqman1
11-09-2005, 04:03 PM
I still cook the ribs and chicken on the stumps, but the pork and brisket go on the yankee.I'll be in plant city also. Now that Bill and Nina have found new life in the bbq world I cant wait to cook against them.

homebbq
11-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Sure Mike... ;-)

See you in Plant City...

smokincracker
11-10-2005, 09:51 AM
I still cook the ribs and chicken on the stumps, but the pork and brisket go on the yankee.I'll be in plant city also. Now that Bill and Nina have found new life in the bbq world I cant wait to cook against them.
Right
They Kicked arsssssssssssse in Key Largo....You and Kevin will have your hands full.... Like I said Just throw a little cash my way and I will slip a brand new bottle of Crown Royal in Bill's Fast Eddy to distract him..

chad
11-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Just a reminder that several Brethren teams will be at the Plant City, FL, Pig Jam (KCBS) on Saturday...I'll be wearing my new blue CJB shirt!:biggrin: I may or may not wear my competition hat - maybe I'll break out the hat I got at the Jack's Old South cook school or maybe my new hat from the NSA museum (that ought to confuse some people!).

It should be a good event - especially if they don't get Mike (Woodhouse Grill) scored in the amateur division!!:eek:

Good luck to the teams and I'll see you all there.

smokincracker
11-16-2005, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=chad]Just a reminder that several Brethren teams will be at the Plant City, FL, Pig Jam (KCBS) on Saturday...I'll be wearing my new blue CJB shirt!:biggrin: I may or may not wear my competition hat - maybe I'll break out the hat I got at the Jack's Old South cook school or maybe my new hat from the NSA museum (that ought to confuse some people!).

What should I wear dear?!!!!!!
HAHAHAHA