PDA

View Full Version : Minneapolis BBQ Joints?

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
08-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Can any brethren recommend a decent Q spot in Minneapolis? Been away from my WSM for a couple weeks now and I'm jones'n. Searched the forums from my phone and only had "worst BBQ joint" threads come up. Checked yelp and I don't put much weight in the reviews there for Q so I'm stuck.

huskerfan1200
08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
QFanatic

Champlin, MN...NW corner of Cities.

http://qfanatic.com/

Good stuff.

Subzerogriller
08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you looking in Minneapolis itself, or in the area? There are a couple really good spots in the burbs. Q Fanatic in Champlin is excellent. There's also a place called Dixie Blue in Blaine that I've heard is very good, but I haven't been there even though I live 5 minutes from it; since I started Q'ing, I rarely go out for it anymore.

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Hell I'll drive anywhere within reason. Now to decide if my blood pressure is low enough to make the drive in rush hour traffic. Thanks for the info guys!

Bgoods
08-18-2012, 01:51 AM
There is always the local landmark Market Barbecue in Minneapolis, but an overlooked place in the burbs is Bakers Ribs in Eden Prairie. Rudolph's is good too.

Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
08-18-2012, 01:23 PM
So I made a quick trip to Q-Fanatic this afternoon. Not the worst I've had from a Q joint but I found myself being a bit overly critical. I know I'm biased and still new to smokin myself but in my opinion I've done better my first several runs at the house. Sure beat the hell outta the fast food I've been grabbin between work and the hotel room though!