PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Pitmasters @ Bedford KCBS

Full Draw BBQ
08-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Has anyone heard any rumors as to who was chosen for the filming of the first show that will be filmed at Bedford BBQ and Blues in two weeks?

RangerJ
08-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Not sure how they could have picked anyone yet based on this:

*DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS IS AUGUST 22nd, 2012

Where did you hear they were filming at Bedford? I've heard DivaQ will have a crew from Canada following her but nothing I can confirm or deny.

Full Draw BBQ
08-16-2012, 02:01 PM
^^ good point on deadline, I didn't see that part. We received an email from Bedford BBQ and Blues coordinator asking for teams to submit an application. It said something about "It looks like BBQ Pitmasters will film their first episode of their season at our Bedford contest". It makes sense, because if they are trying to film a contest in Texas, they don't have many KCBS contests to choose from.

mobow
08-16-2012, 03:05 PM
two weeks will be after the 22nd.

Butcher BBQ
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
I have spoke with the Reps and they understand that both shows will be filmed at the contest.

Jorge
08-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I have spoke with the Reps and they understand that both shows will be filmed at the contest.

You should be resting, and staying home that weekend:razz:

RangerJ
08-16-2012, 04:27 PM
two weeks will be after the 22nd.

Well, yes it will be, thanks.

Seems like they would have alot of things to weed through in two weeks.

And I received the same email from Wendy, it did not actually say they were filming.

"Everyone.. it seems that BBQ pitmasters is moving to Texas next season and they are looking for BBQ pitmasters with character. I have attached what you need to submit to put you name in the running."

If they are, I'll try not to wear my Apron with Genitalia to the awards ceremony...

sitnfat
08-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Would walking across the stage with a bull cane be acceptable being in Texas and all??

MAP
08-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Is Myron not a part of the next one? He is registered to compete in Smokin on the Bay in Maryland the 1st and 2nd.

dmprantz
08-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Myron was a part of the show in Tupelo where they filmed the first episode of season 3, yet JOS competed.

dmp

iampaulb
08-19-2012, 10:49 PM
This could be my big break... One day KCBS CBJ, the next, a KCBS Judge who saw a film crew!

Anyways, should be fun to judge... Hopefully it helps bring more KCBS events to TX!!!

Dustaway
08-20-2012, 09:22 AM
According to the casting director on August 17th the Texas casting has been selected and Bedford is the location and just like in past season those lucky dogs a sworn to double top notch secrecy so we wont really know until the filming I am curious as to how they have selected to represent Texas.

RangerJ
08-20-2012, 10:57 AM
I'll send out a message as soon as I see who it is.

Weird they pick like the only annual KCBS event in Texas to film at.

Seems like they would have chosen a Texas sanctioning body event to get the local flavor. I think Pasadena annually draws over 100 teams.

But, thats just me.

ZILLA
08-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah but who is TCGBCA?

Jorge
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
I'll send out a message as soon as I see who it is.

Weird they pick like the only annual KCBS event in Texas to film at.

Seems like they would have chosen a Texas sanctioning body event to get the local flavor. I think Pasadena annually draws over 100 teams.

But, thats just me.

I'd suspect that it's because the contest is tied in with a bigger event that will draw a fairly large crowd.

RangerJ
08-20-2012, 12:29 PM
And getting bigger! Last year it was rocking.

Wish Houston would figure out how to get a KCBS event organized. Bedford has over 60 Teams this year, so folks are interested in cooking it.

Dustaway
08-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Zilla you looking for a fight?

Jorge
08-20-2012, 12:43 PM
And getting bigger! Last year it was rocking.

Wish Houston would figure out how to get a KCBS event organized. Bedford has over 60 Teams this year, so folks are interested in cooking it.

Find a sponsor with deep pockets. Bedford has the luxury/advantage of drawing teams from Oklahoma and Arkansas.

Full Draw BBQ
08-20-2012, 12:53 PM
We cooked at Bedford in year one of the contest, and it instantly was the best run contest we had ever been to. The organizers bend over backwards to make sure the event was everything promised, and constantly ask how to make it better. It's on our calendar early in the year........now if they can just do something about the 108 degrees!

Triple T BBQ
08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Who would have thought the sleepy little town I was born and raised in so many years ago is getting really famous? First it was Oil, then LP now BBQ.

ZILLA
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
That wasn't a stab from me but the probable thinking of others.

Dustaway
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
That wasn't a stab from me but the probable thinking of others.
Then let the "others" speak for themselves

ZILLA
08-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh ok!

iampaulb
08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
We cooked at Bedford in year one of the contest, and it instantly was the best run contest we had ever been to. The organizers bend over backwards to make sure the event was everything promised, and constantly ask how to make it better. It's on our calendar early in the year........now if they can just do something about the 108 degrees!

I agree. Wendy does an awesome job. Compared to some of the events I have been judging at, she is a Rock Star!

Jorge
08-22-2012, 11:22 AM
For those attending, I'd strongly suggest that you bring some insect repellent. We've had more mosquitos this year than I remember in a long time, and there have been confirmed cases of West Nile. The city of Bedford has had trucks out several times over night to try and get the situation under control. Dallas has used aerial spraying.

Put on the bug juice and avoid a problem you don't need to deal with.

thillin
08-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Yep, the past 2 years have been great at this comp. I'll drop off the Hobbi Friday and be there early Sat.