PDA

View Full Version : Last minute question for judges

rxcellentq
08-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Help, last minute question for NEBS contest this weekend. Do judges have spoons for dessert entry or must everything be finger food. I wanted to make a grilled apple dessert w/ ice cream open garnish not sure it would be easy to eat with hands. Is it ok?

Lake Dogs
08-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Mind you, I'mnot a NEBS CBJ, but I cant think of any BBQ sanctioning bodies that have sanctioned dessert categories. As it's almost 100% certain this is unsanctioned, I'd contact the host/organizer. It's theirs.

EarlyBird
08-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Most KCBS constests I've judged allowed spoons or forks for desserts.

Good luck!

Lake Dogs
08-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Most contests, bbq or otherwise, sanctioned or not, have spoons and forks for their unsanctioned dessert categories. However, as it's completely at the mercy and whim of the organizer, I'd certainly ask and verify with them.

Warthog
08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Any time I was asked to judge deserts I was always given a spoon or fork.

bbq.tom
08-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I've always had a fork or spoon to use when judging desserts that needed a fork or spoon.

I've heard that if the team wants the judges to use a fork or spoon the team must supply them. maybe just rumor, but you'd best check with the organizer.

Alexa RnQ
08-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Is it open garnish? I usually stage it so that there's room on the tray for the required utensils, and supply them myself.

Curling Q
08-16-2012, 04:09 PM
We have always sent the fork or spoon in with our dessert. If the organizer forgets or does not provide them it stinks eating dessert that may not be intended to be finger food with your fingers. I would not leave anything to chance. :doh:

motoeric
08-16-2012, 06:16 PM
If it's open garnish, can you tape plastic spoons to the underside of the lid?

Eric