PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Pickin in the Panhandle, WV Sep 7-8, 2012

Brauma
08-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Cat Sass BBQ will be there. Lookin forward to it!!

Red Valley BBQ
08-14-2012, 10:59 PM
After the great time that was had by all last year, Red Valley is in!!!! Got my packet in the mail on Saturday.

Brauma
08-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Mods, look like we have three Pickin in the Panhandle threads going. Can they be merged?

Thnaks

va92bronco
08-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Damage BBQ just signed up. Heard this one was a good one. I couldn't find a list of competitors, so about how many teams do they usually have at this comp? Wondering how many teams will finish ahead of me.:cry:

"Bone to Bark" BBQ
08-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Damage BBQ just signed up. Heard this one was a good one. I couldn't find a list of competitors, so about how many teams do they usually have at this comp? Wondering how many teams will finish ahead of me.:cry:
This list was sent to me and was accurate of Aug. 13th. Last year they had 53 pro teams and were hoping for about the same this year.

Below is the list of teams that have registered as of today. We have several others who have said they’re sending in their paperwork. Seems that everyone’s running late this year!

Big Mook's BBQ
Brian Varani
Pepper Monkey BBQ
Joel Matteson
Cruzen2Q
John VanDerCruyssen
Just Smokin' Around
Bill Rittlemeyer
Pork Barrell BBQ
Heath Hall
Patent Pending BBQ
Ed Kron
Godfather BBQ
Nick Campanella
Hog 'N Up
Jane Lackey
4:20 Q
Jay Reeder
Mo Meat
Douglas Hockman
Smoketastic BBQ
Rob Moore
3 Eyz BBQ
Dan Hixon
Swillbilly BBQ
Jeff Quinn
Pellet Envy
Rod Gray
Hambones by the Fire
Rick Hamilton
JD's Smokin' Misfits
Mary & Jerry Dyer
Old Hickory's BBQ
Eric Stenger
Red Valley BBQ
Sean Moffat
Piedmont Pit BBQ
Andrew Griffin
Fat Possum BBQ
John T. Sharp
Cat Sass BBQ
Mark Agee
Simply Q
Tom Legros
Smoke Dreams BBQ
Kirk Vespestad
Butts up BBQ
Dale Bowen

"Bone to Bark" BBQ
08-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Oh, and BTW we're in too

va92bronco
08-22-2012, 07:51 AM
This list was sent to me and was accurate of Aug. 13th. Last year they had 53 pro teams and were hoping for about the same this year.

Below is the list of teams that have registered as of today. We have several others who have said they’re sending in their paperwork. Seems that everyone’s running late this year!

Big Mook's BBQ
Brian Varani
Pepper Monkey BBQ
Joel Matteson
Cruzen2Q
John VanDerCruyssen
Just Smokin' Around
Bill Rittlemeyer
Pork Barrell BBQ
Heath Hall
Patent Pending BBQ
Ed Kron
Godfather BBQ
Nick Campanella
Hog 'N Up
Jane Lackey
4:20 Q
Jay Reeder
Mo Meat
Douglas Hockman
Smoketastic BBQ
Rob Moore
3 Eyz BBQ
Dan Hixon
Swillbilly BBQ
Jeff Quinn
Pellet Envy
Rod Gray
Hambones by the Fire
Rick Hamilton
JD's Smokin' Misfits
Mary & Jerry Dyer
Old Hickory's BBQ
Eric Stenger
Red Valley BBQ
Sean Moffat
Piedmont Pit BBQ
Andrew Griffin
Fat Possum BBQ
John T. Sharp
Cat Sass BBQ
Mark Agee
Simply Q
Tom Legros
Smoke Dreams BBQ
Kirk Vespestad
Butts up BBQ
Dale Bowen

Thanks for the info. Looks like a great group of teams so far.

Anybody have any advise about any "must see or do" things at this event? This is the first time we have been at this comp. Heard from a couple of teams this year that this one is alot of fun.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
08-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Anybody have any advise about any "must see or do" things at this event?

For me ear plugs are a must.

MAP
08-22-2012, 09:38 AM
For me ear plugs are a must.

I'm not a big fan of bluegrass either.

Big Ugly's BBQ
08-22-2012, 01:06 PM
That's why we have the big Sirius Boom Box.................

You should see the looks bands get when they hear Death Metal between Bluegrass songs..............

Red Valley BBQ
08-22-2012, 07:06 PM
You should see the looks bands get when they hear Death Metal between Bluegrass songs..............

That's a sight to behold for sure!!!!

Should I bring lasagna again this year? If memory serves me right, you guys ate about half a tray of it last year.

Brauma
08-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Sean, we'll bring the collard greens. Remember, they will make you a "sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex"!!

Brauma
08-22-2012, 08:02 PM
...and, Bluegrass Rules!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of bluegrass but I'll tell you this, when you're at the West By God Virginia state bluegrass festival, you are surrounded by the best bluegrass pickers in the country. It's a sight and sound to behold.

We love it, and we better: our site is right behind the main stage!! Best seat in the house!

Last year we and Red Valley were invited into the VIP tent during the headline act. It only took 4 invites. Finally the guy said, "Guys, free beer". Oh, well in that case, we're in!!! Good time. Damn good time.

MAP
08-23-2012, 05:54 AM
I am going to come up but not compete. cant swing the money to do 2 weeks in a row. anyone need a hand?

va92bronco
08-23-2012, 07:33 AM
I enjoy good bluegrass. I've gone to some small town festivals in the summer over the years and heard some of the "local" bluegrass and it was just awful. I expect this one will have much better talent.

Heath Hall
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Pork Barrel BBQ will be thre. This is oe of our favorite contests?

Just Smokin' Around
09-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Just Smokin' Around will be there. Been there since the first non-sanctioned event. Great venue. Looks like the weather might cooperate this year too.

INmitch
09-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Fowl Butt will be there.:clap2: I've never cooked out east. Lookin foward to it!!!! We got a flyer in the mail and the wife says we need to go. Being the good husband that I am I said awwwlllllright I guess. I hate it when she bosses me around like that.:heh:

"Bone to Bark" BBQ
09-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Question, for you returning teams...... do they have a breakfast for teams on Saturday AM?

Heath Hall
09-04-2012, 11:51 AM
I don't remember a breakfast in the past, but they have had a dinner for the teams the past couple years on Friday night. Not sure if they are doing that again this year or not.

Does anyone know how many teams they have signed up?

INmitch
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I called last Wednesday and asked about signing up, she said I put it up to 40 teams.

Just Smokin' Around
09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I emailed Jenn today and she got back to me this evening. As you might imagine, she's pretty busy. They have 42 pro teams as of today. She is going to try and post them on the website tonight or tomorrow. Due to budget cutbacks, they are not planning on a team dinner Friday or breakfast Saturday morning. They will be selling Ice for $4 a bag or 3 for $10. She says they are the larger bags - didn't say how large.

va92bronco
09-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Teams listed on website:
http://www.panhandlepickin.com/2012-bbq-competitors/

MAP
09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Did you see one of the Backyard team's name......Mike Hunt’s BBQ
That could be interesting hearing at awards :laugh:

va92bronco
09-05-2012, 10:32 AM
did you see one of the backyard team's name......mike hunt’s bbq
that could be interesting hearing at awards :laugh:

haha

MASON-DIXON BBQ
09-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Hey Brethren.

We're going to be setting up the store on-site at Pickin'. We'll have...

BBQ Guru stuff - Digiq's, Wifi's, CyberQ and parts
Charcoal - Royal Oak Lump and Briqs
Backwoods - Gator, Party, x-Party
MC - TS250/42, BBQ42, PR36, PR60, SQ36
WSM's
GMG's
Misc supplies - Disp Cutting Boards, Spitjack Injectors, Alum Pans, Gloves, Foils, etc
FAB
Misc Rubs and Sauces - Smokin Guns, Smoke on Wheels, Oak Ridge, Head Country, Lotta Bull, and about 20 others.....

If you need something in particular, give us a call or drop me an email and we'll be sure to bring it.

See you there!

Heath Hall
09-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey Eric! Thanks for coming to the event and setting up shop. Are you taking credit cards or do we need to bring cash?

How much are the Disposable Cutting Boards?

Lion Bout The Q
09-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Lion Bout The Q from illinois will be there, we most of us and in a stripped down version for traveling