PDA

View Full Version : Do you need a thermometer with WIFI

woodpelletsmoker
08-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Someone asks me to develop a thermometer with WIFI, with 5 probes.
I just wonder whether the market is worth of my development or not.
Price US$50, SAL mail cost US$20.
Youe comment is appreciated

whitelightnin92
08-08-2012, 01:24 AM
If you could make a wifi thermometer that can support up to 5 probes for that price, I would be interested. Sometimes while cooking I leave and would love to be able to check temps while out and about.

cpw
08-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I could see that being useful.

Squeal Appeal
08-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Great Idea ,,, I'll take one...

woodpelletsmoker
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Give up this project.
After discuss with our team and sub-suppliers, the minimum price must be US$80 instead of US$50. Considering air mail cost, total would be US$100. Who will pay for US$100 just or a thermometer.

But we are studying a monitor of 5 temperatures, 5 moisure, 5 water content, 5 Co2. The monitor can be connected to Internet by WIFI. also the probes are communicating with monitor wirless. This is supposed for greenhouse, and poultry farming. Estimated price is US$500 to 1000

Gr8adventure
08-11-2012, 11:05 PM
I don't know about wifi, but I'd like something like that could some how incorporate with your controller and remote. I don't know if that is at all possible, but I thought that I've read somewhere that some American made controllers are able to monitor temps for more than one piece of meat and multiple pits. I would need one for multiple pits as I don't compete and only cook for my family, but from what I've read something like that for competitors would be great and I bet would be worth your time and effort.