PDA

View Full Version : precooking

phil c
08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm going to be helping with a vend in a couple weeks. Th usual, PP brisket ect.
Due to size of my cooker I think I will need to do some precooking.
Anyone have any tips on precooking and holding. I plan on doing the PP then Vac Packing and freezing. How about brisket? do you do a full (to serving and slicing temp) or a partial cook. Then freeze?

bizznessman
08-03-2012, 01:13 AM
We also cook a week or two in advance of big vends. Pull, bag & freeze. Reheat in foil covered pans on a BBQ grill at the event and hold in these. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-w50-12-x-20-electric-countertop-food-warmer/177W50.html?utm_source=Amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=Avantco-Equipment&utm_content=Countertop-Food-Warmers&utm_campaign=Restaurant-Equipment
(for the money you can't beat these hot hold units)

We offer pulled pork and pulled brisket. After pulling we make sure we add the "juices" back into the bags. We find that this keeps the meats from drying out during the reheat process. We have never had to add any liquid at the events.

Just remember, if you are precooking you will probably be required to be operating out of a licensed kitchen/commissary. It is a requirement in KS and I believe in most other states too.

woodhappens
08-06-2012, 08:08 AM
When I do brisket I cook Mirions method. 325 4 hours and rest at least 1 to 2 hours. I start 2 then 1 every hour after as demand + or -. I use meat slicer to cut though.