PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kenosha, WI Grill Games

cmohr74
08-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Any Brethren planning on attending this? I have heard over and over how beautiful the venue is here and had to sign up. Looking forward to hopefully a beautiful comp on the lake.

Parts_Guy
08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
My father and I will be there. I look forward to it again. We had fun last year.

cmohr74
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
I sent an email to Emily through the Chamber of Commerece because I got a wrong receipt and she mentioned as of this morning they are up to 24 teams. Ahead of where they were last year when they filled up so get in the forms while you can, only 40 spots available.

Scottie
08-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Great location Dan.

Parts_Guy
08-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Are you going to be there Scottie? I have cooked at a couple comps you have been but have never actually met you yet.

Stoke&Smoke
08-02-2012, 12:42 PM
It's a really nice place Dan! We had planned on being there this year, and then lots of other bad stuff came up, but we hope to do it next year. Also, hope next year the one up on Washington Island falls on a different weekend! If you do it, you'll love the venue. Although, from a competitor standpoint, I might want to see a more closed off judges tent this year!

Scottie
08-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Are you going to be there Scottie? I have cooked at a couple comps you have been but have never actually met you yet.

I'm not cooking this year. I'm leaving the next day for the Reno Ribfest and figured i should take the weekend off. Although i may go up and wash some dishes for a team...

cmohr74
08-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Hey Scottie did you lose a bet or are you offering?

Dann, how have you been feeling?

Stoke&Smoke
08-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty good Dan, thanks, will likely update in D&R soon. Getting ready for the next phase of treatment hopefully!

Seriously, the venue is beautiful. Great view of the lake, but not so close you'll contend with much sand, They had some pretty decent bands last year also. We weren't able to cook it last year but came as visitors

Parts_Guy
08-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Glad to hear things are good with you Dann. I have been thinking about you a lot lately and praying things are well.

juergenssmokehouse
08-02-2012, 03:00 PM
i am planing on going just to watch

Scottie
08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey Scottie did you lose a bet or are you offering?

Dann, how have you been feeling?

Maybe with Dave

Coz
08-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Entry sent. I will support the established contest on this weekend.

Coz
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Also if you want to go early there is some damn good fishing .I know several local charters maybe a late thursday ,friday Am or sunday.Also some jumbo perch in casting distance of the end of the seawall.

Trainwreck
08-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Application went out in todays mail. I will be there hopefully with better luck than last year.

Ron_L
08-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Application went out in todays mail. I will be there hopefully with better luck than last year.

Are you going to have any judges cooking with you?

:becky:

Trainwreck
08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Are you going to have any judges cooking with you?

:becky:

Hell no!!!! I think that curse is finally broken. :twisted: I do not see any judges in my near future.

Coz
08-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Hell no!!!! I think that curse is finally broken. :twisted: I do not see any judges in my near future.

They musta heard of the Hanky Panky and decided to cook with some one else .:roll:

My Smoking Jacket
08-11-2012, 01:23 PM
I'll be there. First ever comp. I really just want to see what this is all about. I'm sure it would be smarter and cheaper to go and watch but I'm not much for passive participation. Why not just give it a try? If I can get entries submitted that aren't total garbage I'll consider it a success. See you all there!

cmohr74
08-11-2012, 03:32 PM
I'll be there. First ever comp. I really just want to see what this is all about. I'm sure it would be smarter and cheaper to go and watch but I'm not much for passive participation. Why not just give it a try? If I can get entries submitted that aren't total garbage I'll consider it a success. See you all there!

You have to start somewhere right? Best of luck to you and welcome to competitive BBQ

woodhappens
08-12-2012, 09:04 AM
I will be there. Last year went up to see and man it was windy. Bring your tie downs.

Husky Hog
Joe Woodel

SCSmoke
08-12-2012, 09:46 AM
We will be there. Such a great location for a contest. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Trainwreck
08-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Thats the way I learned just jumed in and I havent looked back since. If you have any questions or forget something come on over and I will be more than happy to help you any way I can.
Andy

juergenssmokehouse
08-12-2012, 05:05 PM
i am thinking of going just to watch

moosesbbq
08-21-2012, 08:50 PM
Moose's will be there. The comments are correct, the view is incredible. There are 42 teams. The promoter sent an email asking for help asking teams to participate in the Peoples Choice and other side contests as well so I am passing on the request.

Stop by and say hi

Nick

daveinwestmont
08-21-2012, 10:06 PM
I will be there, looking forward to a great event and hanging out with some great folks. The location is awesome. Coz - good advice on the fishing. May have to pack some tackle for that..

Rub
08-22-2012, 10:18 AM
My college roommate and best man from my wedding will be competing for the first time ever at this contest. If you see ToppGator BBQ (I think) give my buddy Pat some encouragement and help get him hooked ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Kave Dweller
08-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Loading the trailer tonight. . . .

Coz
08-22-2012, 05:51 PM
My college roommate and best man from my wedding will be competing for the first time ever at this contest. If you see ToppGator BBQ (I think) give my buddy Pat some encouragement and help get him hooked ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Rub ,If he needs anything tell him to come and see me .I will help if I can.

Porky Joes
08-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I will be there not as a competitor but as vendor for my BBQ Sauce in the arts and crafts fair. So please stop on by to say hello and don't forget to sample some sauce.

-Richard "Porky Joe's" Clifford
www.porkyjoesbbq.com (http://www.porkyjoesbbq.com)

Stoke&Smoke
08-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Good luck to all competing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2