PDA

View Full Version : All New BBQ Pitmaster Auditions

Butcher BBQ
08-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Check out what I got. The odd thing is you have to live in certain states only. They must be trying to control over head.

82's BBQ
08-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Can't see it

rookiedad
08-01-2012, 07:41 PM
what states?

bmanMA
08-01-2012, 07:49 PM
hard to read. i think it said:

texas
tennessee - Memphis style
nc
Missouri - kc style
Kentucky
georgia

Podge
08-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I live in Kentucky.. I'm gonna have to look into it.. :)

nucornhusker
08-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Another format change I see. And it can only be teams of two.

Nordy
08-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's a link
http://www.rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/messages/797109.html

It is odd that you have to live in the specific states...

Butcher BBQ
08-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Lets see if this will make it any larger.

bmanMA
08-01-2012, 08:06 PM
gah. wtf.
I dont think this saves them any $ as they were filming at comps.
must be trying to peg Q regions against one another. they forgot the great new england melting pot where we steal from every damned region ;

Sauced!
08-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Sounds to me like they are setting it up for a 'which bbq style is the best in the nation' type event. Pit teams from the same state against each other and the winner of each state represents that state in the final to determine the best bbq style. Having 6 states/regions tells me they could easily do a final where you turn in 6 pieces kcbs style. Just a thought!?!?!

little bit of r & r
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
This will be the end of the show that is all

AZScott
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Looks like teams from the west of Texas are out of luck again.

pigmaker23
08-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Yes, new format change again, regional style BBQ showcase and cook off, apparently there is no BBQ in the Northeast, or west of KC....

Ron_L
08-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Here is the info...

Destination America’s hit show ”BBQ Pitmasters” is back for another Season!
We’re looking for the best and brightest Pitmasters who’ve got the drive to compete and personalities that trump the competition!

Now Casting BBQ Pitmaster Teams of Two who cook, eat and breathe BBQ and are ready to showcase their abilities and prove they’re the BEST!

*Interested applications must live in the State being showcased and cook that specific style of BBQ.

- Texas
- Tennessee - Memphis-Style BBQ
- North Carolina
- Missouri – Kansas City-Style BBQ
- Kentucky
- Georgia

*DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS IS AUGUST 22nd, 2012

Interested applications should send the following information to BBQPitmasters@OriginalMedia.com and/or JRCasting24@gmail.com
Please make sure to include your team name and region in the subject of your email.
- Names (Must be an existing team of two)
- Contact Info – email, cell phone and address
- Your BBQ Style/Region
- Recent Photos of the team and your food
- Bios – What do you do for a living? How did you get into BBQ? How long have you been competing? What is your pit? What do you cook with? What’re your specialties? Have you won any other competitions in the past? (Please list achievements and dates won)
- Why should your team be chosen to represent your region and compete?
- Any links to your website and/or video footage you have of your team

*Interested applicants are urged to put together a 3-5 minute YouTube video submission for review. Please showcase your personality, your desire to win and your incredible skills in the video. Prove to us that you have a shot at being and beating the best of the best in your area! Be creative and sell us on why you and your team should be on the show. Email video links and answers to the questions above to BBQPitmasters@originalmedia.com
(Don’t worry – we’re not expecting videos of Hollywood production quality, but comedy helps! More than anything – the cooks’ personalities are what matters.)

Pack-A-Smokes
08-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't like it. I liked the first season more than any. They followed a hand full of teams around to comps and you got to become a fan of one team or another.
It also gave a much better feel to what our sport is about and what we do each weekend.

The_Kapn
08-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Lots of other thoughts in this thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140447

TIM

Podge
08-02-2012, 09:15 AM
The show hasn't even filmed yet, and people already don't like it?

Sledneck
08-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Is this a sitcom?

The Cosmic Pig
08-02-2012, 09:47 AM

It's not the show, it's the suggested format "we" don't like. I personally liked season one, even if the featured teams didn't win all the time. I think it gives the rest of us some hope when we see folks like Myron come in 31st on one show, and then GC the next one! :thumb:

CBQ
08-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Season 1 was the best format. If they wanted to pit teams against each other, why not use the numeric scores from each contest and track them over the season? I think one of the problems the producers had with season one was seeing their teams have low finishes. Seeing a tracked team place 36th in chicken isn't exciting, but if you keep a running total of team scores over the course of the "season" it's more relevant and interesting to viewers.

I think we can all agree season two sucked.

Season three was pretty good. Maybe not as good as season one, but probably a lot less expensive to film. It was good enough that ZBQ might have considered applying for season 4, but I guess we don't live in the right state. For competition BBQ, are there really big regional differences? Nobody from NC is going to be chopping up a whole hog for KCBS.

The_Kapn
08-02-2012, 10:13 AM
Each season draws the same comments.
SO--here is what y'all need to do.

Those that do not like the show should pool their money and make a series that suits them.
If it is a commercial success and makes them money, they can do it again next season.
If not, they can pony up the $$ and try again.

Should be Easey Peasey :grin: :grin:

TIM

Lippy
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM

If you do it I'll be your gopher.

ique
08-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm sure that will make for some good TV. But so would seeing a team from Boston or LA beating up on a traditional region.

Scottie
08-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Do you need some dishwashers or bartenders? I can think of some 'A' quality guys ready to assist. Some even have TV experience. Especially with butter... ;)

Jorge
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm sure that will make for some good TV. But so would seeing a team from Boston or LA beating up on a traditional region.

I'll tell Johnny to bring some pork belly:razz:

Jorge
08-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Do you need some dishwashers or bartenders? I can think of some 'A' quality guys ready to assist. Some even have TV experience. Especially with butter... ;)

I thought he was busy shipping illegal meat?:biggrin1:

JD McGee
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Huh...:twitch:

ique
08-02-2012, 01:37 PM
I'll tell Johnny to bring some pork belly:razz:

Like I said, seeing a team from Boston beat up one from a traditional region makes for good TV.

Bad judging does too :razz:

mobow
08-02-2012, 03:21 PM
I hope that I get picked to do the show and they ask us to cook meatloaf. I recently bought a book that has a good recipe. keith

Meat@Slim's
08-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Ha! This gives them a reason to recycle Trigg and Mixon back into the show. Maybe they will throw Aaron in there as well.

Now where's my cherry rub?

Big Mike
08-02-2012, 04:35 PM
I live in Kentucky.. I'm gonna have to look into it.. :)

How good of a mutton cooker are ya Podge? That is the style of bbq Kentucky is known for.

bigdogphin
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
This show is taylored to my neighbor who knows zero about about BBQ. Every time an episode airs I go up about 10 notches in respect. I don't care what the format is as long as BBQ is on tv.... The more interest in BBQ this show creates the better for me.

Podge
08-02-2012, 06:15 PM
How good of a mutton cooker are ya Podge? That is the style of bbq Kentucky is known for.

I'm a hell of a mutton cook, mike !:razz: It's kind of a shame how just 2 BBQ joints in western Kentucky can speak for the entire state, that we are mutton cooks. There's a heck of a lot of great BBQ'ers here, that can cook anything, and do a damn good job of it !

sitnfat
08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I would almost bet Aaron won't be back.

AZScott
08-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Why? He has quite a following and is more than likely one of the most well known pitmasters right now. I think he was awkward at first but he started falling into the role better towards the end.

Big Mike
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm a hell of a mutton cook, mike !:razz: It's kind of a shame how just 2 BBQ joints in western Kentucky can speak for the entire state, that we are mutton cooks. There's a heck of a lot of great BBQ'ers here, that can cook anything, and do a damn good job of it !

2, is that all it is. I have only heard about it on tv and the way it is talked about, you would think that it was all over.

Yall definitely have some good cooks, thats for sure.

Podge
08-02-2012, 07:39 PM
2, is that all it is. I have only heard about it on tv and the way it is talked about, you would think that it was all over.

Yall definitely have some good cooks, thats for sure.

Well, there's 2 major ones. The ones that are the most popular that are seen on TV.

CivilWarBBQ
08-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Well if anybody really wants to get on the show, all you have to do is play a good reality TV character. I'm thinking "Drag Queen BBQ" whould be a shoe-in.

:-P

Spydermike72
08-03-2012, 08:37 AM

Or some good Northern Midwest teams, the Great Lakes Region is no joke anymore...

Scottie
08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Let them keep thinking that folks cant cook Mike. Then when they get slapped in the head, they wont know what hit them...