PDA

View Full Version : Need help creating a Judges scoresheets

shelli-dreiling
08-01-2012, 01:34 PM
I am hosting a backyard bbq cook-off and need help creating the judging scoresheets. I have competed in several cook-offs over the years but I have never seen any of the scoresheets. I am at a loss and have no idea how to create a scoresheet for my judges to use to judge the cook-off. Does anyone have a form or spreadsheet that they have created for judging and tallying scores or can give me some suggestions that would be most helpful. Time is ticking and I must get this done in the next couple of weeks. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! :confused:

Fatback Joe
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VcvJbStcvoM/TiT6al45IWI/AAAAAAAAFRI/xrnWv5TC5-E/s1600/IMG_1163.JPG

shelli-dreiling
08-01-2012, 02:07 PM
This helps me to figure out how the judging is done. Thank you for your help!

Uncle Buds BBQ
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Try this file for scoring. I use it for "what if" type of things. You could modify it to score multiple teams.

shelli-dreiling
08-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Thank you guys sooo much for the help. I have been overwhelmed with trying to figure everything out.

bignburlyman
08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Thank you guys sooo much for the help. I have been overwhelmed with trying to figure everything out.

Shelli, are you working on a contest for Hoisington? If you have any questions Kent Romine is the organizer here in Great Bend, he would be a source of information. You can also get lots of information right here on the forum. Let me know if you would like the contact number for Kent.

shelli-dreiling
08-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Yes this is for the one in Hoisington and any help from Kent would be greatly welcomed.

Harbormaster
08-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Here's a link to another thread with a score calculator. It's a little different than Uncle Bud's in that it tosses the low score and gives you a final tally exactly the same as KCBS scores.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1390004&postcount=1

EDIT: This spreadsheet will work in Excel, but the SoDTs laptop has Works on it and doesn't care for one of the formulas. FYI...

shelli-dreiling
08-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Thank you all so much for all the help you have given me.