PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

weatherman
07-30-2012, 09:39 PM
I was part of a competition team for a little bit and learned alot. I have not done it for a bit though and I thought about branching out and trying it myself at some local comps. My problem is that I don't really remember at what temperatures the meats should be. I have my thoughts but it is possible that I am mixing them up. Is there a time/temp/characterization of meat table anywhere that could be used as a reference?

Butt Rubb'n BBQ
07-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Just google food temp chart and you will get what you are looking for but don't get fooled buy it because in comp cooking the temps for done ness are a bit higher. For example a food chart will say pork is well done at 170 but a pit master will go to 195 and a bit higher.

didisea
07-30-2012, 09:54 PM
On your big meats, cook to the feel of the meat. It's done when you probe it and it feels like buddah.

weatherman
07-30-2012, 09:59 PM
google.. don't know why I didn't think of that. I knew pork was to be around the 195 mark but the other ones ie chicken, and beef (especially the beef) are lost. I feel like a blonde lol (no offense to blondes.)